Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jman ,
What brand are those?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Seamus, Hawk reviewed them on the frontpage last year.

Awesome, now frothing over all their covers.. Thanks, JAMES.

There are LOTS of Danathan approved blues on there, aren't there?

I really want a driver and fairway one, its time to retire the Lion as the elastic is shot and I really don't want to go to another character cover. Its just tough to make myself pull the trigger.

There are LOTS of Danathan approved blues on there, aren't there?

I really want a driver and fairway one, its time to retire the Lion as the elastic is shot and I really don't want to go to another character cover. Its just tough to make myself pull the trigger.

So many. Seriously, they look so good.

Might need to get a few styles on the Christmas list this year. AMart has a couple and they look great in the bag.

Color. Color is always a good thing.

MG_2932_large.jpg

or

MG_3290_large.jpg

They are so simplistic that they look awesome. Seems like this something that could be made at home too....hmmm. To keep this a ponder, I'm going to ponder a sewing machine...and a business plan..

It is the O'Carroll (later shortened to Carroll) Family Crest.

Hey we could be related. My mom's maiden name is Carroll. Grandpa is Irish. :D

Well, I'm going to have some ponders happening after today. Demo day at Aspen GC with Ping, Callaway, Titleist, Nike, and Cleveland. Glad I left the bank card at home lol.

My wallet is in trouble. Now pondering a Bertha 5w and Project x pxi 5.5 iron shafts...so far lol

Pondering a new wedge or two. Currently playing two older used wedges in 54* and 60*. The 54* I'm really comfortable with, but the 60* mostly just stays in the closet. I'd like to try a 58*, but more importantly, new wedges with new grooves. I'm wondering if some of my complaints about not holding greens recently could somewhat be attributed to worn out grooves (along with a meh short game, but still...) The Rac wedges are what, 10 years old at this point? Is there any way to tell if the grooves are worn out beyond usefulness?

If you've had em for 10 years, it's time imo.

Pondering a new wedge or two. Currently playing two older used wedges in 54* and 60*. The 54* I'm really comfortable with, but the 60* mostly just stays in the closet. I'd like to try a 58*, but more importantly, new wedges with new grooves. I'm wondering if some of my complaints about not holding greens recently could somewhat be attributed to worn out grooves (along with a meh short game, but still...) The Rac wedges are what, 10 years old at this point? Is there any way to tell if the grooves are worn out beyond usefulness?

Vokey SM5! That's all you will ever need.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

All of a sudden, I want an Adams Pro 4h. This downtime is not good for equipment ponders. They are...all over the place.

All of a sudden, I want an Adams Pro 4h. This downtime is not good for equipment ponders. They are...all over the place.

Is that 20* or 23*?

Is that 20* or 23*?
23 if I remember correctly. I have a weird gap right now between 190 ish (4 iron) to 215 ish (3 hybrid). It's aggravating.

Definitely pondering some Adidas Gripmores and J40 hybrids. Love the way the Fw perform. Pondering quenched in 4wks as yesterday.

Callaway masters stand bag.

Love Arnie.

Bertha is first on my ponder list and they are $100 off udesign so hmmm might as well personalize a little

23 if I remember correctly. I have a weird gap right now between 190 ish (4 iron) to 215 ish (3 hybrid). It's aggravating.

What's wrong with the 588, 4-hybrid?
it would seem to be a little easier to hit and you already have experience with the 588 line, have you tried the 588 in 23* yet?

What's wrong with the 588, 4-hybrid?
it would seem to be a little easier to hit and you already have experience with the 588 line, have you tried the 588 in 23* yet?
Only a few swings, and really liked it, but now that I don't have one coming to me, I'm curious in what else is out there.

If you've had em for 10 years, it's time imo.

I bought them used last year, but I believe the line is around 10 years old, and they've got some decent use on them. So looks like I'll be looking around for a few wedges!

Pondering new wedge(s). Looking for something a bit more forgiving than my current SW. Leaning towards a Cleveland cg16 (or cg14?) 56° with 14 bounce.... or maybe a Big Trusty Rusty if I can find one...

Anyone have any suggestions? Cost is a significant factor.

Pondering new wedge(s). Looking for something a bit more forgiving than my current SW. Leaning towards a Cleveland cg16 (or cg14?) 56° with 14 bounce.... or maybe a Big Trusty Rusty if I can find one...

Anyone have any suggestions? Cost is a significant factor.

RTX CB, sounds like it fits the bill you are looking for quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back