Whats your favorite driver of all time?

Callaway FT-3. It was the beginning of consistent driving for me (probably more so than now) and really helped me turn the corner. Confidence off the tee was never higher and that just lead to good scores.

BBA is getting there baby!

The 2014 Big Bertha. It has opened my eyes to the value of a good driver. First driver I've been consistent with, ever.

I haven't tried many drivers in my time playing golf. Of those I have used though, I would rank as follows:

1. Acer XS Leggera 9.5*: Have to give props to my current club. Running a super light Acer SuperLeggera shaft at 44.5 inches and I'm just bombing it. On a hole I normally worry about the creek on, I'm now more worried about the pond 50 yards up by the green. And talk about forgiveness. I'm hitting fairways at a rate that I haven't seen since I stopped teeing off with a 4-iron (it's sad, but some of my best golf was played when I left the woods at home in my earlier years.) It's the first club I've assembled and the first one that's been custom fit for me (and by that I mean I did a few light swings gripping at different lengths until I found the length that felt right before butt trimming and gripping)

2. MaxFli C3 10.5*: I have no other details on this club other than loft. A buddy of mine bought this club on clearance. It sings off the tee. I've swung it twice and both times were deep down the gut.

3. Bang-O-Matic 7.5*: A third-hand club that was given to me, it has a Pro-Launch Blue stiff shaft in it. 7.5* was a little too hard for me to control, however, when it hit, it was loooooooong. Always a better club when I had a few beers in me.

4. Dunlop Wal-Mart set drivers: I've had 2 of these. They were okay. Nothing to write home about for sure.

If I could afford it, I'd probably get something along the lines of a Callaway or TaylorMade set. Until then, I'll continue to spend my budget on more rounds instead.
There is nothing wrong with Acer and Dunlop/Maxfli. I have an old Maxfli Goliath 3 wood I got at a garage sell for 5 bucks back in 05'. I paid 8 to re-grip it with a golf pride VDR full chord and she is still in the travel bag and sometimes my everyday bag...especially on long, windy par 4s out here on the peninsula. That 3 wood is absolute smoke off the tee and deck. I can get it out there pretty close to 300. Check it out

Btw how do you like them Acer irons?? Are they similar to Cally X22s??

Obviously technology has improved to make some of these more obsolete, but going through the last 10-15 years, my favorites were the Cleveland Launcher (circa 2002 or so), Ping G10, TaylorMade SuperTri, and Callaway Razr Fit.

Hoping to add Callaway Big Bertha to that list, but I haven't spent enough time with the lovely lady yet.

r11s V2 Tour Issue head with a Diamana Ahina.... Never have had a club that was so consistent every day

I haven't had a lot f them but the Titleist 910 D2 is my favorite so far. I like the sound and feel. While not the longest driver I've had (that is the R1 followed very closely by the RBZ Tour) It's the first driver I've owned that I can consistently keep in the short grass. Also the first driver I consistently shape shots.
Best $67 I ever spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last driver was an Orlimar Trimetal II and when I hit it good it was great. But too many big slices with it made me move on. I am more accurate with my Cobra Amp Cell but I don't hit it as far. One day I will find a club that is a combination of the two and that will be my favorite driver.

My big Bertha Alpha. When I am playing more and have a more consistent swing I have never been longer or found more fairways than with the Alpha.

My favorite driver?

Jason Staham in The Transporter. Dependable; gets the job done. Kicks ass. Gets the girl.

For me:

910D2 - consistently straight and long for me, instilled confidence with the driver I had never had before.
Dymo St8Fit - loved it, hit it better than any driver I ever owned... somehow got a huge dent on the sole of it and tossed it aside.

It's hard to pick just one!
Mizuno T-zoid T3. This was my first 'brand name' driver, and i was only in 8th grade and had to save up forever. I bought it in the winter, and probably drove my parents crazy 'pinging' it across the living room floor. It had a cool sillouhette and graphics... it also flew a lot farther than my persimmon hand me down powerbilt driver.
20130722_5326.JPG

Cleveland Quadpro Ti and cobra sz 440 are in a close 2nd place... who knows... after a little time with this SLDR....

I had a Geek DCT 12* with a House of forged White shaft in it... it was probably that my swing was in a great place, but I pounded that thing. The shaft cracked on a trip back from Arizona.

I tried reshafting with a UST proforce high launch and it was never the same. If I had any sense I would get that combo and try to see if I can make magic again, but I sold that head a while ago.

#1] Amp Cell
#2] Wishon 919THI
#3] Original Amp

Surely it must be the Titleist 975D. It worked with shafts from the Titleist Ultralite to the True Temper EI-70 to the Grafalloy Prolite and famously to the Dynamic Gold.

I seriously really enjoy just how eclectic and all over each of us is on this one, its what is awesome about this game IMO. Everyone is different.

What's strange to me is how many people are speaking of drivers not very old yet they aren't in their bag.

I forgot about the Cobra LZ.... That was a great one for me with the Grafallpy Blue

Perfection.

titleist9755_600.jpg

What's strange to me is how many people are speaking of drivers not very old yet they aren't in their bag.

Tinkering is fun.

Plus, favorite doesn't necessarily mean best for or best performing for.

I would have to go with the Big Bertha Warbird, Titleist 905t and since its my current gamer the Cleveland 588 custom.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Taylormade Firesole

R11 TP for me followed by the Alpha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back