JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Anyone have any experience with either of these? They are a component company built on the foundation of proper fitting.

After deciding recently to go full graphite for the sake of health (Definitely not my wallet) I will be getting fit for these on Monday by Hawk and I's instructor. I had originally planned on going to club champion but our local guy has helped me a ton and would really like to support his business.

They look gorgeous, I only hope they perform as well. They are a CNC Milled and Forged process iron.

Any input is appreciated.

www.KZG.com

M-Series-group-350.jpg

I do not know anything about their irons but I had one of their wedges that I was fit for that was just outstanding. I hope the punk who stole it from my garage used it as a lightning conductor.

I do not know anything about their irons but I had one of their wedges that I was fit for that was just outstanding. I hope the punk who stole it from my garage used it as a lightning conductor.

I will be fit for wedges as well. Most likely going with the TRS.

A friend of mine has these and I've been able to hit them several times. I can't think of a negative thing to say about them aside from availability.

I played KZG for a year and loved them, great clubs with great quality and looks to boot. The pics you posted are sharp looking clubs.

A friend of mine has these and I've been able to hit them several times. I can't think of a negative thing to say about them aside from availability.

I played KZG for a year and loved them, great clubs with great quality and looks to boot. The pics you posted are sharp looking clubs.

Thanks guys. The general consensus I'm reading is that everyone loves them but as you started availability is tough. The good news for me is the best Club guy in town styles them and has for a long time.

I had a buddy who had an older model they are very nice feeling but very hard to find a demo to hit

Thats exactly why availability is as it is. They will only authorize certain fitters to retail their product. If you can manage that kind of a distribution network and still stay in business it has to be a good product.

Plus they are from my hometown so i will support any company out of Halifax!

Thats exactly why availability is as it is. They will only authorize certain fitters to retail their product. If you can manage that kind of a distribution network and still stay in business it has to be a good product.

Plus they are from my hometown so i will support any company out of Halifax!

I like how it seems they come out with new models only when they have reason to. You don't see them releasing something every 6 months.

What... You don't like spending $450 on a driver just so your buddy can buy it 4 months later for $250???

Dang!! Those look sweet!

Those look great, no doubt about that! I have never tried KZG clubs myself, but would like to as these are the type of clubs that really fit my eye. I know that Don Trahan, father of DJ Trahan, swears by them.

Curious to see how these turn out for you, keep us posted.

LOL! Reminds me of Desktop Graphics Card Tech.... 6 months after spending $500 on the latest n greatest..... it deflates by 1/2:blowkiss:

LOL! Reminds me of Desktop Graphics Card Tech.... 6 months after spending $500 on the latest n greatest..... it deflates by 1/2:blowkiss:
So it's just like everything else you buy?

Good looking clubs. I hope you have them in Chicago in Oct! Would love to see them up close!

Good looking clubs. I hope you have them in Chicago in Oct! Would love to see them up close!

Well unless something goes absolutely haywire as I technically haven't been fit for them yet, just hit some shots with one he had laying around, I will have them in a couple weeks I would imagine.

Look forward to hearing about your fitting JRod and your thoughts on these

Sweet looking blades but putting graphite shafts would kind of negate their design and function. I'd go steel with those KZG irons.

Sweet looking blades but putting graphite shafts would kind of negate their design and function. I'd go steel with those KZG irons.

I look forward to hearing your reasoning behind this.

Yah I don't get it? I was getting perfect numbers with an MCI 120g x flex shaft. Seven iron was launching at about 15~ degrees with about 5800 RPM spin and carrying 190 yards. How would steel benefit me more than that?

First off lag, kick point and workability in a players blade come to mind. I could list many more but I don't have all night guys.

First off lag, kick point and workability in a players blade come to mind. I could list many more but I don't have all night guys.

So the guys on tour playing graphite are all not getting the full benefit of their clubs? I don't buy it

Graphite is not graphite of old. Yes, there are high launching, soft tipped, ultra lightweight versions still, but the Recoils, Steelfibers, and MCI's are NOT those types of shafts, these play JUST like steel with the benefits of graphite and in many cases better dispersion and increased ball speed.

The shaft WILL NOT effect "workability", nor will "lag" be an issue with the MCI's.

Perpetuating what graphite once was is a complete disservice to what it is now. Research proves this and THP has discussed this topic ad-nauseam in the past.

Seems an awful lot like stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot and to get a rise, again.

Back