DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In for grapevine it really is nice.

DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

OK I am putting this here now, let me know who needs to be added and who needs to drop out

1. 3BD - 18 Sat.
2. Nate - 18 Fri & 36 Sat.
3. Afwcardinal 18 Fri & 36 Sat.
4. Mikeg - 18 Fri & 18 Sat.
5. Matthew
6. Gene...3BD 18 Sat.
7. Jank - 36
8. Jman
9.WardF. 36
10. Baldguy
11. Texasbubba 36
12. #cookie 36 Sat.
13. djcoolaid
14. TrueFX 36
15. TrueFX friend 36
16. Niteowl
17. Darin...3bd friend

Last edited:
I think bulldog is out per other thread.

Got me there twice, in for 36 though

OK I am putting this here now, let me know who needs to be added and who needs to drop out

1. 3BD - 18 Sat.
5. Matthew
6. TriplebogieTim
7. Gene...3BD 18 Sat.
8. Jank
9. Jman
10.WardF
11. Baldguy
12. Texasbubba 36
13. #cookie 36 Sat.
14. bulldog ?
15. djcoolaid
16. TrueFX 36
17. TrueFX friend 36
18. WardF

Ward is on there twice. I can play that Friday afternoon, but out for Saturday.

Im a most likely right now

Looking forward at another crack at this course. The newer 9 is fantastic. TBD, make sure we can play that course at least once if not twice.

Let's do this. I hope everyone is alright with this. Makes planning so much easier.

Meh. 87 with triple, 3 doubles, and 2 birds.

Had a few rough breaks:

On18 I hit a hybrid that got on the cart path left of green and ran down 10 fairway and into 14 fairway via draining concrete. 175 out from there. Ouch.

On 12, hybrid left of green pin high hits cart path and goes over fence & street.

Struggled off the tee....will get back at it tomorrow.

Back to back birds on 3 & 4 were nice though.

At MB????That is some crazy $h1t, right there. You can laugh about it now, right?

1. 3BD - 18 Sat.
5. Matthew
6. TriplebogieTim
7. Gene...3BD 18 Sat.
8. Jank
9. Jman
10.WardF. 36
11. Baldguy
12. Texasbubba 36
13. #cookie 36 Sat.
14.djcoolaid
15TrueFX 36
16TrueFX friend 36
17Niteowl
18 Darin...3bd friend

Is this the July 12th round? If so, I'm still out. I'll be at an indoor swimming meet, where the indoor temp will be about 85-90 and the humidity will be higher. UGH.

Is this the July 12th round? If so, I'm still out. I'll be at an indoor swimming meet, where the indoor temp will be about 85-90 and the humidity will be higher. UGH.
We need to get you back out with us this year. I have not seen you but once in the couple months, and that was just in the parking lot.

We need to get you back out with us this year. I have not seen you but once in the couple months, and that was just in the parking lot.

CORRECT!!! :clapp:

I think I saw y'all (you, Aaron, 2 others) on 3 tee yesterday. I was on 16 green. Too much going on to yell across the course.

I just need to finalize my plans, but I am in for 36 on Saturday and I will probably head home after both rounds. Just not sure on when I will drive up.

At MB????That is some crazy $h1t, right there. You can laugh about it now, right?

Yep, at MB. Word spread quickly about it apparently as folks were asking me about it after the round.

Had to punch 3h from under the trees on the left side of 14 over the 14 green and not quite to the 18 FW. Wedge from 55y to 4 feet.....saved bogey. :)

Yep, at MB. Word spread quickly about it apparently as folks were asking me about it after the round.

Had to punch 3h from under the trees on the left side of 14 over the 14 green and not quite to the 18 FW. Wedge from 55y to 4 feet.....saved bogey. :)

Would've liked to seen how that played out, logistically.....searching for the ball. Group on 10 tee. Group on 14 tee. Group on 14 green. FORE!

Would've liked to seen how that played out, logistically.....searching for the ball. Group on 10 tee. Group on 14 tee. Group on 14 green. FORE!

Haha, luckily no one was on 14 at all and the group on 10 tee actually is who told me where the ball went. I never would've known.

CORRECT!!! :clapp:

I think I saw y'all (you, Aaron, 2 others) on 3 tee yesterday. I was on 16 green. Too much going on to yell across the course.
You should have yelled at us. I take it you were behind the kids walking. When I got to the green on 2, there were two balls, the other was from one of that boys in that group. I had to pick on him a little.

Was not a great weekend. I was hitting a little squirley off of the tee and kept running into tree trouble. I shot 82, 81. Guess this is what you get when you are only practicing once a week.

Now for some more practice and get ready for the Fort Worth City Am at the end of August.

Hey Cookie and Josh, how did you guys do today? Didn't see anything in the What did you shot today thread.

For those of you who bought the Cowboys deal, any interest in using it for a Friday AM round then moving over to Grapevine for a PM round? Friday will be the only day I could play.

1. 3BD - 18 Sat.
5. Matthew
6. TriplebogieTim
7. Gene...3BD 18 Sat.
8. Jank - 36
9. Jman
10.WardF. 36
11. Baldguy
12. Texasbubba 36
13. #cookie 36 Sat.
14.djcoolaid
15TrueFX 36
16TrueFX friend 36
17Niteowl
18 Darin...3bd friend

You should have yelled at us. I take it you were behind the kids walking. When I got to the green on 2, there were two balls, the other was from one of that boys in that group. I had to pick on him a little.

YES! Kid in the purple short was horrible. They also played the blues. But, the kept up with the group ahead of them. On 18 tee, he hits one that catches the tree on the south side of the teebox. Otherwise, we would've been in the firing line on 17 green. On multiple occasions, he hit tee shots to places that I didn't know were in play.

BTW,
What'd you think of the conditions? The greens were slow, and a little firm. But, they rolled well. Hills might be in the best shape it's ever been in since the redid the greens a loooong time ago.

YES! Kid in the purple short was horrible. They also played the blues. But, the kept up with the group ahead of them. On 18 tee, he hits one that catches the tree on the south side of the teebox. Otherwise, we would've been in the firing line on 17 green. On multiple occasions, he hit tee shots to places that I didn't know were in play.

BTW,
What'd you think of the conditions? The greens were slow, and a little firm. But, they rolled well. Hills might be in the best shape it's ever been in since the redid the greens a loooong time ago.
That is my second time playing the course in the last two weeks. I really have enjoyed it. Like I said last week, not the best shape in the area, but not bad. I liked it enough to come back out.
How did you do in that wind? Some of those holes, it really effected the play.

BTW, Grapevine should be in great shape when we play. They received a ton of rain there the last week or so. It will probably be a matter of them being able to cut the grass quick enough. Looking forward to it.

TBD, when did he say he would give us tee times then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back