Things That Irritate You On the Course?

People that can't fix pitch marks on the green

I must have fixed 100 over the last 3 rounds that weren't mine

We talked about this yesterday in our round, my biggest thing. Don't understand why people can't take a few second to fix them.

I may have mentioned this before but it annoys me when tee markers are just arbitrarily placed and not at all lined up. This course I just played had tee markers on downhill slopes and quite a few of them were aimed way far left.

Shared a cart the other day with a guy who didn't want to drive the cart himself but wanted to tell me how to drive and where to go the entire round.

We talked about this yesterday in our round, my biggest thing. Don't understand why people can't take a few second to fix them.

We talked about it Saturday during our round and I believe the problem is worse at destination courses in my experience then at my local tracks

Those who can't stay off their cell phones. Luckily my home course allows them to be used only in the parking lot.

Single members who shoot all across the entire course on cart looking for an open hole to start on when there is none. It's busy enough without people cutting across fairways. Then they cut in front of you where you've managed a nice pace to maintain some space.

People who make a mad dash for the first tee when they see you coming (no tee times at home course). This is usually older (50's) man and wife. And then they hack it up all over the course. It's painful when forced to watch from every hole.

I also dislike the whole man/wife playing combo. Not sure if this is simply jealousy because my wife doesn't play. But for every guy that plays with his wife, there is one guy not playing with a group of guys. It just feels wrong to me.

I also dislike the whole man/wife playing combo. Not sure if this is simply jealousy because my wife doesn't play. But for every guy that plays with his wife, there is one guy not playing with a group of guys. It just feels wrong to me.

Seriously????

Seriously????

I agree Nate. I don't get it.

Crusty seniors who think they own the course and have some special privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes 3 of us. Seems ridiculous to me

With you guys. One of my favorite things is getting to play with my wife.

How regardless of what time of day I golf the grounds crew always finds me. Whether it is the mowers, chainsaws, anything the grounds crew and do to make noise. Then the fact that they don't stop/idle when I get ready to hit!!! It is a running joke with my playing partners. Every round never fails :(

Slow play plagued out front 9 a bit today. Frustrating.

For the guys in this thread I made sure to fix numerous ball marks every hole today. Thankfully some of the were mine.

Guys that play from Tees they have no business playing from

People that hit errant shots and can see it may land near someone and DO NOT yell fore... I was playing with my father a few days ago and some guy's tee shot missed his face by about a foot. Mind you, we were only about 150 yards from the aligning hole's tee box, we were within view. I feel like too many people are embarrassed about their own shots to let anyone know it's off line... shame on anyone who doesn't give a heads up.

No sand in bunkers. I hate playing a course that doesn't maintain bunkers. Nothing worse than hitting it into the bunker and then walking up and seeing it's hard packed sand

To the people who play with their wives, and the one who wanted to call my wife a hoe. Would you play with a group of women, would you play in a woman's league?

To the people who play with their wives, and the one who wanted to call my wife a hoe. Would you play with a group of women, would you play in a woman's league?
I didn't comment on this before but golf is golf man; some of the jokes are just different. I used to really enjoy playing with my wife back when she played and had zero issues on those times I was the only guy in the foursome. Certainly more pressure off the tee though because any duffed drive was certain to elicit a sarcastic invite to join them on the reds.

This is more AT the course than ON, but also ON.

Parents who come in and pay for themselves as a twosome and neglect to mention their kids, who did not come in with them, will be playing too and they will be going out as a foursome. Not talking about people who bring in their youngsters to hit some putts here and there, but 16- and 17-year-olds who are basically man children. Way to teach your kids some good life lessons.

This is more AT the course than ON, but also ON.

Parents who come in and pay for themselves as a twosome and neglect to mention their kids, who did not come in with them, will be playing too and they will be going out as a foursome. Not talking about people who bring in their youngsters to hit some putts here and there, but 16- and 17-year-olds who are basically man children. Way to teach your kids some good life lessons.

You've got people having their kids play and not paying for the green fees or cart fees? Man what have I been doing wrong?! I've always paid for my boys to play. Now that my youngest (almost 15) is taking up golf, im playing for three rounds. This is getting expensive!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If I had no other place to play, I'd play in a women's league in a heartbeat. I do prefer to play with men, but I don't get angry if I see a man playing with his wife. I enjoy playing with mine when I can get her out there. Not only do I get to play golf, but I also get credit for spending "Quality Time" with her. Win/win.

There's so many things said here that I've ever even seen, people jumping holes on a full course, one guy not liking wives, people not paying for their kids who are playing, I just hope I don't need to witness those things.

But yeah, not repairing greens, slow play and hitting in to people makes me crazy.

Back