THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good time for me and you to team up against wardy and beags with all these strokes!

Sadly 3 of us dont live in OhioTopia

This post made MillerTime blush.

Its sad really. When you have 7 of your last 11 rounds shooting between 81 and 84 it makes you realize a few things. Mainly that I stink.

A 73 at Waterlefe is such a great round! I would take 83 and run =)

Sadly 3 of us dont live in OhioTopia

Its sad really. When you have 7 of your last 11 rounds shooting between 81 and 84 it makes you realize a few things. Mainly that I stink.
I've been known to travel. ..I'll wait til you hit 10 though

I am trending down .7 now to 12.7 after another great round today. It's all starting to come together.

Shot my best round of the year today with a 84. But since it's a par 70 and slope 120 rating 66.4 my freaking handicap went up from a 17.7 to a 18.4 wtf!!!!

Shot my best round of the year today with a 84. But since it's a par 70 and slope 120 rating 66.4 my freaking handicap went up from a 17.7 to a 18.4 wtf!!!!

Ouch, that's brutal. Still time to get things turned around. 1 more revision before the MC.

Means one of your better rounds dropped off and that's replacing it. Gotta love those low course rating courses

Ouch, that's brutal. Still time to get things turned around. 1 more revision before the MC.
Yes it is. Ii was really surprised it did that. Dam slope and rating is what killed me.
Means one of your better rounds dropped off and that's replacing it. Gotta love those low course rating courses
Yea I was happy about it. But hey ill get it low man.

After today's 86, I am trending from 19.5 to 18.8. No more golf until 7/26 because Europe calls.

Looks like after today's round I'm trending down to 17.0 even. I'm happy with that. Left a few strokes on the course today due to some penalties, but I feel like I'm turning a corner.

Was at a 17.7 then after yesterday's great round but short and straight course moved to a 18.3. After today's great round of 80 I'm back down at 17.5.

I assume that's what has been happening to me as well. I posted my third round in the 80s ever and my handicap went up. All three 89s scores are still in there so I don't know why it happened. I know my home course has a low slope rating so I am guessing that's part of it.

I assume that's what has been happening to me as well. I posted my third round in the 80s ever and my handicap went up. All three 89s scores are still in there so I don't know why it happened. I know my home course has a low slope rating so I am guessing that's part of it.
That's part of it Rob, and also Mward said it's probably dropping some scores of your list of scores.

A huge drop coming from 12.9 to........12.8

A huge drop coming from 12.9 to........12.8

Massive. I am not expecting much of a move either. Most of my rounds this time were in tournaments where I didn't always play my own ball, so I didn't have to many I could post.

Massive. I am not expecting much of a move either. Most of my rounds this time were in tournaments where I didn't always play my own ball.
I think I've been between 12.7 and 13.1 for most of the last 3 months.

Hoping some of the changes I'm making move to the course and I shave a few off

I have a pretty huge drop coming, from 1.3 to 0.4 after an exceptional week of golf, posting 9s of 35, 34, and 37, along with 18s of 71, 73, and 68.

Next to fall off the last 20 scores will be a 72, two 73s, and a 74. If I want to get back to 0.0 I'm going to have to play some special golf in the next week or so, but I am very much up for the challenge. It's unlikely that I'll be playing too many 9s this week, as I really want to get back to the range to refine my adjusted swing path - I know I backed off on it numerous times on course, and it really cost me a good shot.

Also, around the green. I am going to put myself in atrocious lies and start finding ways to have success out of them. I want to see those lies on course and think opportunity, not the world caving in.

I think I've been between 12.7 and 13.1 for most of the last 3 months.

Hoping some of the changes I'm making move to the course and I shave a few off

I am in the same boat. I think I am playing better than my scoring lately. Just need to put it al together and avoid the blow up holes that end up costing me strokes.

By far my largest change occurring this week 7.0 to.......7.0

I have a pretty huge drop coming, from 1.3 to 0.4 after an exceptional week of golf, posting 9s of 35, 34, and 37, along with 18s of 71, 73, and 68.

Next to fall off the last 20 scores will be a 72, two 73s, and a 74. If I want to get back to 0.0 I'm going to have to play some special golf in the next week or so, but I am very much up for the challenge. It's unlikely that I'll be playing too many 9s this week, as I really want to get back to the range to refine my adjusted swing path - I know I backed off on it numerous times on course, and it really cost me a good shot.

Also, around the green. I am going to put myself in atrocious lies and start finding ways to have success out of them. I want to see those lies on course and think opportunity, not the world caving in.

You sir are an animal. I feel the exact way about those lies. You stand over the ball thinking the worst instead of "what do I need to do to knock this close".

I am in the same boat. I think I am playing better than my scoring lately. Just need to put it al together and avoid the blow up holes that end up costing me strokes.
My iron play had been awful. ..that alone improving should do a ton for me

That's a heck of a week, Dan. Great job.

You sir are an animal. I feel the exact way about those lies. You stand over the ball thinking the worst instead of "what do I need to do to knock this close".

Twice today I stood over a lie that really aggravated me, and I am just genuinely tired of it knocking me off my game. I get so focused on the bad lie and forget to focus on trying to create something on my shot. I'm probably going to take a similar approach to how I tolerate playing out of divots in the fairway, although it's harder for me because I typically take a fair bit more time around the green to decide on a shot (more because I pull a club and hit it when I am in the fairway, little to really think about).

This week dropping from 10.8 to 10.4. Quite happy to drop a little bit considering the winter conditions we are in and most people at my club are going up instead of down, been some shocking scores posted at my club lately.

That's part of it Rob, and also Mward said it's probably dropping some scores of your list of scores.

That's what is confusing my best scores are still on there. But all I do know is my game is better than it was last year. Pars are coming a lot more often than before. I expect scores in the low 40s / 80s rather than hope for them. I get those and the handicap will come. I am a better player than before and am happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back