Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering more of a "player's" iron than the speedblades. I love them but I like to work short irons and the speedblades just want to go straight.

You seem to be a pretty big fan of TaylorMade... have you hit SLDR irons yet?

Have a family member that works for them and helps me out with gear from time to time so I try to buy taylormade if at all possible. She used to be with Adams and my bag was Adams only for a few years... Boy I miss those cb2s. Haven't tried the sliders yet they look nice though.

If he hasn't....he should. A wonderful blend between the speedblades and the CBs. The short irons are pretty workable in terms of flighting the ball as well as left to right. If you want more, you could always go SLDR/MC or MB combo. I loved the forged half of the Tour Preferred MCs this year. Wonderful feel when the ball is struck well. But aren't they all??

So I shouldn't be pondering everything......but I saw a set of Adams XTD Forged on sale and I'm now pondering them. I also spied a used set of Adams CB3 for $400 at the local GG. I have no reason to be looking at irons as I love my Apex Pros and will be getting a new set of Bio Cells with PXi shafts in them in 4 weeks.....but I am such a club ho...

If he hasn't....he should. A wonderful blend between the speedblades and the CBs. The short irons are pretty workable in terms of flighting the ball as well as left to right. If you want more, you could always go SLDR/MC or MB combo. I loved the forged half of the Tour Preferred MCs this year. Wonderful feel when the ball is struck well. But aren't they all??

So I shouldn't be pondering everything......but I saw a set of Adams XTD Forged on sale and I'm now pondering them. I also spied a used set of Adams CB3 for $400 at the local GG. I have no reason to be looking at irons as I love my Apex Pros and will be getting a new set of Bio Cells with PXi shafts in them in 4 weeks.....but I am such a club ho...
Cb2s and cb3s may have been my favorite iron sets ever.

Have a family member that works for them and helps me out with gear from time to time so I try to buy taylormade if at all possible. She used to be with Adams and my bag was Adams only for a few years... Boy I miss those cb2s. Haven't tried the sliders yet they look nice though.

That's pretty much where I stand.. I hit the SLDR irons this weekend and I can bet most people looking to work a ball could tie a knot with their profile, despite being long and accurate.

A worthy option if SpeedBlades aren't doing it for you ImaBe.

That's pretty much where I stand.. I hit the SLDR irons this weekend and I can bet most people looking to work a ball could tie a knot with their profile, despite being long and accurate.

A worthy option if SpeedBlades aren't doing it for you ImaBe.
The jury is still out. The long irons are money and I don't think I'm ready to give that up... Thus the ponder continues.

The jury is still out. The long irons are money and I don't think I'm ready to give that up... Thus the ponder continues.

It would also make for a very interesting combo set if you wanted to hang on to the 4-5 or 4-5-6

I have some 6.0 flighteds

Admittedly, I don't know much about the flighted ones. I need to look into these more more but they are definitely on my mind. What price do you have in mind?

Also strongly pondering a Callaway X Utilily 24* iron to fill my 4i spot. What an awesome club.

Have you hit the Rocketbladez Tour? Still has some forgiveness, with a lot more workability. Also, can find brand new sets on eBay for around $300 right now.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the flighted ones. I need to look into these more more but they are definitely on my mind. What price do you have in mind?

Also strongly pondering a Callaway X Utilily 24* iron to fill my 4i spot. What an awesome club.

Not sure what they are worth honestly

Pondering whether to go KBS Tour R or Project X PXi 5.5 in my MC bag. Would that be the right comparison, or would the 5.0 be more like the Tour R?

Have you hit the Rocketbladez Tour? Still has some forgiveness, with a lot more workability. Also, can find brand new sets on eBay for around $300 right now.

I first looked that direction due to the price on ebay, but have seen conflicting reviews.

Pondering whether to go KBS Tour R or Project X PXi 5.5 in my MC bag. Would that be the right comparison, or would the 5.0 be more like the Tour R?

From the rep I talked to, 5.5 is stiff so 5.0 would be R flex. The PXi loads wonderfully and feels soft in hand, though so it'd be worth it o try them out.

Not sure what they are worth honestly

Let's talk in a couple days then. Ill have a better idea of what's fair and how they compare to the PXi 5.5 I flipped for.

From the rep I talked to, 5.5 is stiff so 5.0 would be R flex. The PXi loads wonderfully and feels soft in hand, though so it'd be worth it o try them out.

Thanks EvF (and Jman via PM) for the thoughts. I'm just a bit confused, as when I used the Mizuno shaft optimizer, it spat out this:

Spoiler
20140630_121444_zpsrclehule.jpg

So confused. I'm playing Tour 90s in my irons (a shaft I get along with well), and it spits out these three?

I'm playing them currently. They seem decent so far. There's a thread here in the equipment section on them.

I don't imagine there's a huge difference between feel between these and speedblade. Thinner sole, thinner top line, more along the players category than yours, but not going all the way to a MB iron.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Thanks EvF (and Jman via PM) for the thoughts. I'm just a bit confused, as when I used the Mizuno shaft optimizer, it spat out this:

Spoiler
20140630_121444_zpsrclehule.jpg

So confused. I'm playing Tour 90s in my irons (a shaft I get along with well), and it spits out these three?
I had a similar experience with Mizuno's shaft optimizer. I had an average SS of 92, and the three shafts it recommended were all 130 gram X-flex. I am...uh...not playing anything close to those specs now.

I had a similar experience with Mizuno's shaft optimizer. I had an average SS of 92, and the three shafts it recommended were all 130 gram X-flex. I am...uh...not playing anything close to those specs now.

Yeah there is NO way that playing C Tapers would be better for me and my game, especially after swinging the absolute opposite end of the KBS spectrum. Methinks I'm going to go with KBS Tour R.

Trying to figure out what I want to do with the Elements Chrome. I know that it will be in my gamer post MC, but which of the three heads that is, well, that's the ponder.

I'm in full driver ponder as well now too. As part of my contest win from Fujikura last week they're giving me my shaft of choice and they threw in a free driver fitting. Super stoked to finally get my big stick dialed in. Really liked the Bertha I hit last week but I'll see if something better turns up during the fitting.

I'm in full driver ponder as well now too. As part of my contest win from Fujikura last week they're giving me my shaft of choice and they threw in a free driver fitting. Super stoked to finally get my big stick dialed in. Really liked the Bertha I hit last week but I'll see if something better turns up during the fitting.

I. Am. Jealous.

I wish I knew more about Fujikura and their offerings, theres a gap in my education there.

I. Am. Jealous.

I wish I knew more about Fujikura and their offerings, theres a gap in my education there.
I'll admit i know next to nothing! In a way its good I think so I can go in completely open minded and just let things pan out. I'm sure it'll be interesting

Kinda pondering a bio cell driver head for a white tie shaft I have. Seems like that could be a solid setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back