Status
Not open for further replies.

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
New driver hitting the Tour this week at Greenbrier. I do wonder what the purpose of the ridges on the crown are for.

Initial reaction: don't like it, the ridges - especially on the crown - are ugly.

A Ping driver is the only brand I have never owned. Those pics don't move the needle for me.

gliderails for the crown. hmmm

The turbulators look like there is a wrap on the crown and it is bubbled in spots. Not a fan of the looks. The G20 was ugly also but its probably my favorite driver of all time so I would love to hit one.

It's different for sure, I will save judgement until I can see it in person.

Really interesting. The 25 was one of the top drivers of the year for me. Interested to see how this one pass out.

Also, could you imagine the uproar if TM or Callaway released a driver with stuff like that on the crown?

PING seems to be doing some very un-pinglike things in the last couple of releases.

A Ping driver is the only brand I have never owned. Those pics don't move the needle for me.

Same here for the most part, no irons, wedges, or drivers, but did have a hold 4 wood i liked years ago(i3 i think) and i have gamed a few putters, and taking a hard look at the TR Anser 5 out now.

Really interesting. The 25 was one of the top drivers of the year for me. Interested to see how this one pass out.

Also, could you imagine the uproar if TM or Callaway released a driver with stuff like that on the crown?

I think we saw that already when the R1 was first released.

First Titleist with a speed slot and now this from ping. The Internet is bound to explode

Given the patterns, I would say it is an attempt to square up the club face a touch using the air resistance during the swing. I'll be interested in hearing about it from Ping when the time comes.

No thanks. Especially the Bubba one.

Given the patterns, I would say it is an attempt to square up the club face a touch using the air resistance during the swing. I'll be interested in hearing about it from Ping when the time comes.

I don't even mind the ridges on the crown from as aesthetic standpoint, but if they perform some kind of technological face squaring magic...now we're talking.

I don't even mind the ridges on the crown from as aesthetic standpoint, but if they perform some kind of technological face squaring magic...now we're talking.

I could sign up for that!

I believe the the turbonators are there for aerodynamics. These will basically smooth and straighten the air as it goes over the top of the crown and down off the back of the crown. You will see these a lot on semis at the back of the cab to straighten and help airflow off the cab and down the sides of the trailer. These will also help speed up the air as the clubhead passes through the air by directing the air into a smaller space and straightening it.

I think this is going to be the next wave of innovation. Adams dabbled in the aerodynamics of golf a few years ago, but I think this is going to be the next wave of it. The OE's are figuring out that we are swinging a barn through the wind at 100+ mph and that aero and air play a role in how fast you can swing that barn. I personally like it. I can see a bigger benefit coming from reduced drag and better aerodynamics than a slot in the head.

From what I read on the ridges they are supposed to increase clubhead speed.

hmm this thing looks mean, but I will have to see it in hand to decide if I like it

I wonder when we'll see a driver that has dimples and the crown and sole similar to a golf ball

I didn't like the look of this driver when I saw it before, and I'm still not a fan of it. Just don't like those ridges on the top of the club face.

That being said, I don't really love the look of my G20 either, but I love the performance of my G20. So if this G30 works better than my G20, I wouldn't hesitate to bag it.

I kinda like it. Seeing all those colors makes me wonder if you can customize it? Hmmmm

Interesting. I wonder if those turbulators are distracting at address. Even so, if it performance is king. Between speed=more distance. More stability=more consistency. If those do that, sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back