2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

It was a lot of fun a couple weeks ago.

Yea that was the date the misses set for the wedding. Didn't want to be divorced before I got married lol

Can we make sure there are Dave and Busters around wherever we go? Haha seriously the most fun I have had in years.

Can we make sure there are Dave and Busters around wherever we go? Haha seriously the most fun I have had in years.

I would say that's a must

2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Has there ever been a repeat city? other than the MC obviously

I guess the better question is what are the chances of a repeat city next year?

Stay and play in CO, The Broadmoor.

Honestly....."if you build it they will come". It was evident this weekend. We had 14 states covered and Montreal. No one event will please everyone, but I know everyone can find an event that pleases them. Stay and plays make it nicer for pre and post golf socializing, where as this weekend we were a little spread out. But it's doable either way.

Has there ever been a repeat city? other than the MC obviously

I guess the better question is what are the chances of a repeat city next year?
Yes there have been a few cities that have had repeat events...not many though.

Not going to lie, anything that would be Milwaukee, Minn/St. Paul, Madison, Chicago would get a vote from me as it's easier for me to get too. However I would throw out The Woodlands, TX and the Club at Carlton Woods purely for selfish reasons, sister and brother-in-law just moved there and they are 3 miles from there...gives me a reason to visit them. LOL As a joke, Big Fish in Hayward, WI (Pete Dye course) and I'll put everyone up at my cabin 30 minutes away, could be called the Woodtick Invitational!

Wherever the events are, you owe it to yourself to try to get there by plane, train, or automobile! These events are truly special, and a lot of hard work goes into them!
Go!, you will not regret it!

I will say this, after seeing the dedication this weekend, my initial internal driving radius of 500 mi has been expanded...anything east of the Mississippi is in my wheelhouse.

I didn't read all 9 pages, but KC took a beating on the first one! And rightfully so, I believe. Great courses here, but that being said BRANSON is probably a better choice for a Midwest/central states region event. We had a good turn out from Texas, MO.,IL.,CO., TN. Etc... And Branson offers plenty of stuff for the non-golfing better halves as well. This may even be a viable option for round2 of LIITA.
So, just for clarification, I'll throw in another vote for Brandon, MO!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wherever the events are, you owe it to yourself to try to get there by plane, train, or automobile! These events are truly special, and a lot of hard work goes into them!
Go!, you will not regret it!
You sound like you speak from experience!!!!

The NorCal crew represents stong and gets together regularly.

2nd would love to see Palm Springs, Scottsdale, San Diego or Las Vegas in the Rotation.

Also Chicago has some great tracks.

Yes Vegas was definitely fun last year and we are excited about both Chicago and Palm Springs again coming up in a few months.

I would have 2nd Colorado as the scenery and courses would be awesome. I'm not sure how large the influence is in Kentucky, but wouldn't mind seeing something there as well.
That was my thinking too, maybe Lexington, KY or Lousiville, KY

I live in West KY..and other than the Indy event and Nashville Event nothing is really close enough. I'd love to see something added in KY. We have some really good courses here that are very underrated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I'll agree on that statement for sure, lots of motels and plenty of courses. CHERRY BLOSSOM comes to mind for a real great course or how about Valhalla?

I'll agree on that statement for sure, lots of motels and plenty of courses. CHERRY BLOSSOM comes to mind for a real great course or how about Valhalla?

Well THP has been close to your neck of the woods with Cincy and Nashville, but ya never know going forward

I got a few places on my list

Kentucky Louisville/Lexington

Tennessee

North Carolina

Pennsylvania

Colorado Denver/Colorado Springs

Michigan

Delaware

Kansas City/ St Lois

Massachusetts Boston

I know ease of travel is big and think the above are pretty easy to get to and from.

What about Ohio jason? :)

Yeah you can throw ohio on there I could think of a few nice tracks to play here, tons around Cbus, Cincy as well as Akron/Cleveland

Regardless of where I will try and be there for the event. If it's while school is out then someplace the Mrs. Would enjoy then it's a bonus for me.

Got a pretty good list going on what is coming, who wants things where, etc.
Keep it coming.

Got a pretty good list going on what is coming, who wants things where, etc.
Keep it coming.
So cool you guys even ask for ideas, it'll make the 2015 calendar even that much more special!

After this weekend I am thinking IOWA would be a great reunion spot. We got a lot of good guys together for an impromptu outing in the middle of nowhere. Des Moines would be a great place to bring an event back too. The Harvester or TCI would be more than able to host I think.

I second this!!!!!

Back