Flash Q&A! 30 mins

Do you wear your crown from #TheKing often? I find I get strange looks when wearing mine in public. ..

Boy that one isn't an easy answer but I think interacting with consumers is so critical and THP gives us the chance to engage with the community both digitally and in person. And I think it's imperative to have as many people from Callaway as possible open to consumers. A lot of places will make it the role of the social guy or the PR dept. I don't believe in that at all.

So is that further validation that Hashtag does nothing?

If you were to be stuck on a deserted island with any other member of the ZooCrew for 1 full year, who would it be and why?

Hi Harry,

Any teasers for Callaway Talks guests at the Open Championship?

Haven't seen the Alternate Shots segment in a while, will you be bringing that back soon?

#scottygiseverywhere

We have a great Solid35 Open Championship show for tomorrow. Bones and Peter Harrison (former Euro Tour player and guy who runs our European Tour operations.

Alt Shots is on a hiatus briefly but will be back with new launches for sure.

If an advertising campaign isn't delivering the way you had hoped it would, how long do you stay with that campaign before you change it up? What types of limitations do you run into while creating advertising campaigns?

How did Speed Regime work out for you? Able to make a dent in marketshare? How was the acceptance with the SR1 in particular compared to what you expected or hoped.

Speed Regime has worked well from the standpoint that we really believe it's a better approach to the Tour ball category. We believe that one ball does NOT fit all. It will take some time to get trial and adoption definitely. But we are in it for the long haul. As you would expect, SR2 is most of the sales, since it fits the broadest range of the market.

When are you planning on releasing a bonded Big Bertha with a weight that doesn't move?

Can you dig through your vault and find me one of these? If not, can you make me another one? I might name my next child after you.

6y3a5amy.jpg

When are you planning on releasing a bonded Big Bertha with a weight that doesn't move?

This made me laugh out loud.

what part of your personal golf game is struggling lately, and what part is thriving? (driving, putting, etc)

My putting has been just awful the last two years really. Very frustrating. But its my own fault. Been going through swing changes last year and this year and haven't practiced putting at all.

Do you have an teasers for #TeamCallaway for the upcoming #THPMC?

#Scottygiseverywhere

Also, has 2014 lived up to you guys hopes and expectations?

Absolutely. We've grown again in a tough macro retail environment. We sold more irons in May than anybody in the US for the first time in a while. Iron category is doing great, led by Apex and X2Hot. Wood business has grown a lot too. Putter business continues to be #1 around the world and in the US. Work to do with golf ball, but we have a great plan there to continue to grow too.

It's been a tough year with a lot of big competitors, including our biggest, discounting products early and having a lot of retail inventory to sort through. But we're really happy with the business and the growth of the brand.

What's your current handicap? And when we play, how many strokes will you be requesting?

About a 6 index right now. Let me know when and where.

Who wins a Zoo Crew long drive contest?

Hmm. Good question. Within marketing specifically, that would have to be either Johnny Rodriguez or Jamie Slonis.

Also, dont forget to update your signature, its #BasementDwellers this year!

Since you are not captaining a team in the Gauntlet, which of your #zoocrew captains are you throwing your support behind? #scottygiseverywhere

Well, I think Rhiona is the most excited. Tough to root against her. But all the folks should be good captains and bring their own personalities into it.

Is the BBA with Gravity Core deemed a success? We know it's successful on tour but what about average consumer?

Great question. I will hold off on this because it really tees up some future stuff quite well. Bombs away!

Were you saddened with the retirement of Alan Mulally?

Got to see his farewell speech and it made everyone tear up just a tad. He really turned this company around it's sad to see him go.

What do you think is next for him? What would you do?

He deserves to retire! Dude is awesome! I'd be playing golf, traveling, and writing another book!

Great question. I will hold off on this because it really tees up some future stuff quite well. Bombs away!

That answer is like going to a buffet with and only eating salad!

Apex is a solid franchise for us so we'll be looking to continue to grow that and keep getting people introduced to them.

Then, please, please, throw the brand on some apparel, accessories, bags, etc.

I'm loving the 2014 line-up and it's hard to figure out how clubs like the Alpha and Apex Pros can be improved upon in my opinion. A great blend of player/forgiveness/technology/feel/insert more adjectives here.

Any changes to an already great product seems difficult to fathom.

If you had to lean in one direction... Do the changes seen in 2nd generation clubs come from internal ideas or are they reactions to feedback you've got from tour players, customers, etc?

Absolutely both. You'll see new MBs from us here shortly and those will be changes made to the Razr MBs as a direct result of Tour feedback. Ditto on the MD2 tour grinds.

Hogan or Macho King?

I personally have never forgiven hogan for trying to steal Miss Elizabeth.

Macho Man x 1MM

Absolutely both. You'll see new MBs from us here shortly and those will be changes made to the Razr MBs as a direct result of Tour feedback. Ditto on the MD2 tour grinds.

wow new MB's and love what we keep hearing on the MD2's.

If you had to work in one specific department, whether it be for marketing or design or whatever, which would it be (woods, irons, putters, balls, etc)? And why would that be?

Thanks for taking the time to do these Harry. Always fun to see what you guys and gal are up to.

Back