NHL 2014-2015 Season

Jarome Iginla to the Avalanche per the Boston Globe. Bruins now need a new top-6 winger to replace Iggy.

Jarome Iginla to the Avalanche per the Boston Globe. Bruins now need a new top-6 winger to replace Iggy.
I love that pickup for the Avs.

No wonder talks broke down with MN. That is a lot of cash for Iggy.

yes, I was hoping the Canadiens were still in the run for him, they will still have a good offense this year

I just wish Vancouver would write this year off and be happy with losing. Take a run at McDavid or something like that. Even if we compete and make the playoffs somehow we don't stack up well against LA, CHI, SJ, COL, STL etc etc

I wouldn't mind another trade in Columbus. Ship out Jack.

They may have to if they can't make Ryan Johansen happy..............

THat's stupid money for him.

Why wouldn't Joey be happy?

I wouldn't want to be on the hook for an almost $5 million cap hit for Iginla 2 years from now. Crazy.

I wouldn't want to be on the hook for an almost $5 million cap hit for Iginla 2 years from now. Crazy.
It might be crazy money, but I'll take his veteran leadership in the locker room any day.

THat's stupid money for him.

Why wouldn't Joey be happy?

He called their qualifying offer a slap in the face............He wants a long term deal, Jackets want him to sign a 2-3 year...........

Hey Hawk fans, what are the Wild getting in Bickell?

He called their qualifying offer a slap in the face............He wants a long term deal, Jackets want him to sign a 2-3 year...........

This is a pretty typical reaction. They want him to prove himself over the course of a couple seasons rather than ONE breakout season, especially after watching him sit games out playing for their AHL affiliate not a year prior. It's an incredibly awkward situation to be in, but in the end he needs to come to terms that one season of great play isn't going to net him a rick nash level contract in Columbus, especially after what that douchenozzle did to the team.

He'll figure it out. The fact that he says repeatedly that he wants to be a Jacket is a great thing.

Hey Hawk fans, what are the Wild getting in Bickell?
Someone who will do nothing in the regular season, then become one of your best players in the Playoffs.

Gorges and Gionta are gone, which is great! I feel sorry for Andy and the other sabres fan, but on the bright side you now have a better shot at MacDavid.

Thanks, Martin :)
Sabres have been more active than I thought...Gionta and Georges, ehhhh. Brought back Moulson and McCormick and now Meszaros. They're filling the team with marginal NHL talent to let the young studs play in juniors and Rochester. They will definitely be in the running for MacDavid.

Avs made some great moves. Hope the flyers find a spot for vinny and I love emery coming back on a team helpful 1 mil contract he's a solid back up I know he's not what he used to be but I think he's good for mason

I can't say I impressed with the Avs picking up Iggy I don't think he will be a good fit. Dallas is looking fast and talented they should be fun to watch.

I can't say I impressed with the Avs picking up Iggy I don't think he will be a good fit. Dallas is looking fast and talented they should be fun to watch.
I disagree only for the fact that his veteran leadership can be huge in that locker room.

I disagree only for the fact that his veteran leadership can be huge in that locker room.

I tend to agree with the leadership need in that locker, but I tought that contract was too steep, and too long

I like you Icey but I think this was a bad contract. We will see and get what you are saying but I think you will be singing a different tune in the not too distant future.

I like you Icey but I think this was a bad contract. We will see and get what you are saying but I think you will be singing a different tune in the not too distant future.
I can't argue with the numbers, it's too long and for too much, but I almost look at it as a premium for the extra pieces you get on/off the ice now. Almost no different than clubs buying out contracts to get rid of a player, not worth the money, but serves a purpose.

I actually hoped that Iggy would sign in Montreal, but seeing the numbers, I am happy he didnt

That's a LOT of money to pay for Leadership. I personally think they went backwards losing Stastny and replacing him with Iggy.

Briere was enough IMHO. Iginla for 3 years is ROUGH.

That's a LOT of money to pay for Leadership. I personally think they went backwards losing Stastny and replacing him with Iggy.

well to me they replaced Stastny by Briere and Parenteau by Iggy, Iggy is better than Parenteau, but briere is not even close to stastny... I really hope their young guns are improving this year to make up for the loss

Back