2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

This is "next" for for me, and really looking forward to it. Starting to put together some of my swing learnings from the off-season, and it appears to be paying-off with more consistent swings and results. Hoping that continues for the next few months - wanna be able to contribute to a couple of strong rounds with my partner!

Congrats on the new additions to the Championship! Looking forward to meeting you.

I am not really finding decent flights from Portland to Palm Beach. What is it from the resort to Fort Lauderdale, an hour? Are people renting cars or taking shuttles? Any good tips on shuttle service companies to Fort Lauderdale?

I am not really finding decent flights from Portland to Palm Beach. What is it from the resort to Fort Lauderdale, an hour? Are people renting cars or taking shuttles? Any good tips on shuttle service companies to Fort Lauderdale?
Safer to figure 90 minutes from FLL to the course, depending on traffic (could be less).

Shuttles at FLL are more or less monopolized by GO Shuttle.

just my 2 cents....when we travel i will always check for cheaper fares from FLL & from what I have seen the difference in fares between flying to/from FLL instead of PBI are usually offset by the shuttle costs each way, if its 50-65 each way from PBI to PGA, FLL to PGA would be double that

just my 2 cents....when we travel i will always check for cheaper fares from FLL & from what I have seen the difference in fares between flying to/from FLL instead of PBI are usually offset by the shuttle costs each way, if its 50-65 each way from PBI to PGA, FLL to PGA would be double that

Thanks for the info. I am working around some logistical stuff and the more limited flight options into PBI make it look like we need to fly into FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I am working around some logistical stuff and the more limited flight options into PBI make it look like we need to fly into FLL.

I'm with you, many more flights that work for my wife and I going into FLL. I think we are going to rent a car, haven't really looked into the logistics of it yet though. I don't know if it cost anything if we bring a car to PGA. Still trying to workout all the details but most likely because of the better flights we will be flying into FLL

Frank, it would take a significant difference in price for me to consider FLL.

for me it was a no-brainer...no directs into PBI for me, and it was cheaper. Renting a car was cheaper (and more convenient) than shuttle as well for 3 nights or less.

yea having directs is definitely a perk. I'm routed the ATL either way.

for me it was a no-brainer...no directs into PBI for me, and it was cheaper. Renting a car was cheaper (and more convenient) than shuttle as well for 3 nights or less.

Martsy, so you're going to fly into FLL, rent a car and drive up?

At this time we are about 99% leaning that way as well because of the better flights and direct as well

Martsy, so you're going to fly into FLL, rent a car and drive up?

At this time we are about 99% leaning that way as well because of the better flights and direct as well

I am. Unfortunately, because i live in the metropolis of Richmond, only direct flight to FLL leaves at noon Friday, gets in aroudn 2pm...so i'm actually landing, driving to our office in Boca, and probably working until 6-7, and then going up to PGA National.

It's only about an hour drive with no traffic. I've done it a couple times.

I think a list will start to get built at some point regarding flight arrival times so we can set up sharing shuttles and things?

I think a list will start to get built at some point regarding flight arrival times so we can set up sharing shuttles and things?

Yeah. I would think maybe two weeks out or so. As history has shown. A lot of names can change with three months to go.

Coming from the west coast, I had to go into FLL. Saving a couple hours each way with no layovers and it was at least $200 cheaper then flying into PBI so I figured this was the best option for me. Glad you got in, and hopefully you figure out your travel plans soon!

Rambler and I are flying into FL and plan on renting a vehicle.

From The HTC One Blue!

Regardless you guys will have a blast at PGA National and on the drive down! #willnotdisappoint

I was looking through the pictures in the 2011 outing thread and got really excited again about this trip. So happy to be able to have this experience with my THP friends.

Back