If you could play one hole from any course, which one would you choose?

rlew

Regulators, 2023 Budget Golf Championship #MountUp
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Curious to see which holes get multiple responses.

Per my avatar, there's no question mine would be No. 17 at TPC Sawgrass. The lure, the aura of that hole is incredible. I'd love the chance to hit that green (though I think we all know what that end result would be ;)).

I love the placement of that in the golf course as well. To have such a prestigious tournament like The Players, and to have a hole as dangerous as this as the second-to-last hole on the course, creates such a dramatic atmosphere. I can't imagine being in the running for a tournament like that and walking up to that tee.

The only other hole that could compare would be The Monster, the 16th at Firestone South. In part because it's 10 minutes from where I live, in part because the hole is just gorgeous. For most of us, it'd still be a lengthy approach after two full swings, unless you can get your drive over the first ridge from the tee. That hole is a real beauty.

What's yours?

18th at the Old Course at St. Andrews. The course is #1 with a bullet on my bucket list and just to walk up that fairway with all the history and the incredible structures behind and around the 18th green would be amazing for me.

Last edited:
Road hole at the Old course.

#1 at Erin Hills

Tough one, there are a LOT of great, amazing holes, that it's hard to pick just ONE. I think I'd enjoy playing #12 at Augusta National....close 2nd being #13.

The first place my brain went was #18 at Pebble Beach.

#13 at Augusta. Love that par 5. I wonder how long it plays from the member tees? Wonder if I'd have any chance of going for it in two?

I would have to pick the road hole at the old course. Seems quite interesting and a challenge.

I'd love to play the 8th hole at Royal Troon "The postage stamp"

18 on Clive at the Hideaway was an incredible finishing hole as well
Tee shot
ybu7ape3.jpg

Approach shot
gy6e5anu.jpg

#13 @ Augusta for me as well.

Be the ball!!

Got to go with 18 at San Andrews ...

I've always dreamed of having just one go at #12 at Augusta. One perfect club decision, one perfect swing, a stroll across that iconic bridge, the goosebumps I'd surely get as I crossed where so many legends had, and then hole the short birdie putt.

Last edited:
#12 Augusta. In addition to being such an iconic par 3, getting to walk across Hogan bridge, and getting to hunt through the azaleas to find my ball, it would mean I was playing Augusta!

#12 Augusta. In addition to being such an iconic par 3, getting to walk across Hogan bridge, and getting to hunt through the azaleas to find my ball, it would mean I was playing Augusta!

That would be the one for me as well. Coincidentally, I have a close friend who is building a new home and he has built a replica of #12 in his backyard. I tested it out 2 weeks ago and it is incredible.

Extreme par #19 at the Legends golf course in South Africa or the floating par 3 at Coeur d'Alene since both could offer plenty of challenge and variety.

Has to be #16 at Cypress Point for me. Greatest par 3 in the world IMO.

CypressPoint16_JohnandJeannineHenebry.jpg

#12 at Augusta and there isn't a close 2nd.

Oh man great question here! I'm stuck deciding between Augusta #12 and Royal Troon's postage stamp.

Back