Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Dropped my set of Apexes off at the builder to get them bent 2° upright. It'll be the exact setup I have in myrtle in 3 weeks, c-tapers and everything!

I am waiting for my new irons with the same shafts Tour V stiff. How do you like the shafts hearing a lot about the recoils, whats your opinion. Thanks

OOOOOOOOO Recolis nice. Curious to hear your thoughts. These clubs continue to preform for me on a daily basis. I am in love.

I'm now content to say these are my favorite irons I've ever put into play. They honestly are.

I'm now content to say these are my favorite irons I've ever put into play. They honestly are.

Dethroned your i25s???

They are up there for me, just sitting right behind the DPCs.

Last edited:

Knowing how many you've tested/gamed over the years that says a lot. I'm anxious to get these in play.

Thats a bold statement coming from someone who gets to hit more irons that just about anyone. But totally deserving I can see. Everytime I have someone hit them they are sold instantly on the feel and performance.

Dethroned your i25s???

They are up there for me, just sitting right behind the DPCs.

Crushed the i20's and i25's.

Just not enough distance out of the DPC's for me, a full club behind, it's a fickle thing on my part, but I love the length/forgiveness I get out of these with the looks they still maintain at address, it's silly at times.

Crushed the i20's and i25's.

Just not enough distance out of the DPC's for me, a full club behind, it's a fickle thing on my part, but I love the length/forgiveness I get out of these with the looks they still maintain at address, it's silly at times.
That is something I've been meaning to talk to you about. The difference between the DPC, i20/25, and the Apex. I love my DPCs, and I like the Pings and Apex irons, but would it be that much better for me to move over to the Apex irons. You made the point, being a full club shorter with the DPC. I really feel that I am not getting everything out of my swing from the DPCs.

I bought the Apex 5-SW and love them I havent really gain any distance maybe a little but the looks and feel what I like and so forgiving, I got standard specs and shafts,

That is something I've been meaning to talk to you about. The difference between the DPC, i20/25, and the Apex. I love my DPCs, and I like the Pings and Apex irons, but would it be that much better for me to move over to the Apex irons. You made the point, being a full club shorter with the DPC. I really feel that I am not getting everything out of my swing from the DPCs.

If you're playing next weekend you can Hit mine all you want and I can also bring you the 25's to try

I bought the Apex 5-SW and love them I havent really gain any distance maybe a little but the looks and feel what I like and so forgiving, I got standard specs and shafts,

which irons were u coming from?

If you're playing next weekend you can Hit mine all you want and I can also bring you the 25's to try
Oh brother. You just got my attention, seriously. That would be amazing. Especially trying them out on the same day. Thanks. You may be starting my Christmas list for my wife.

Oh brother. You just got my attention, seriously. That would be amazing. Especially trying them out on the same day. Thanks. You may be starting my Christmas list for my wife.

I'm always happy to help my friend

mikeg: incredible looking setup man!!

which irons were u coming from?

I've been playing Ping I20's, there great irons, and almost went with the i25's, this is my first set of callway irons, and I've got a callaway hybrid, and just order a callaway tour grind wedge,
my buddy always played callaway so i never did really look at them i know that is crazy but when he bought speedblades irons i bought the apex irons, and now its driving him crazy esp when i beat him ha

I've been playing Ping I20's, there great irons, and almost went with the i25's, this is my first set of callway irons, and I've got a callaway hybrid, and just order a callaway tour grind wedge,
my buddy always played callaway so i never did really look at them i know that is crazy but when he bought speedblades irons i bought the apex irons, and now its driving him crazy esp when i beat him ha
Yeah jman had tried both so I'm sure he could speak to distance differences for him. I know in my experiences the apex are longer then some but when they arent they usually at least feel way better

I am waiting for my new irons with the same shafts Tour V stiff. How do you like the shafts hearing a lot about the recoils, whats your opinion. Thanks
Got them today, wow they are one handsome iron. going out tomorrow for a break in and get to know ya

I'm really bad at this game. However the last couple of rounds something has changed and I am now swinging these better than I have swung a club before. I even pulled the 5 iron out this morning and that is one club I really struggle with, nice gentle relaxed swing, a crack type noise and the ball was in the air heading in its intended direction and not sliced off into the wilderness. I'm finally seeing a nice penetrating ball flight, with good height and reasonable distance with a tiny fade. The feel and the sound when I get the centre of the face is something else. My AW wedge has finally arrived here and Fedex will be delivering it tomorrow. I do not hit long, my SW is 50 - 60 and my PW is 95 - 105ish. Today I found myself 3 or 4 times in the 75 yard area Im hoping the AW will fit right in there. These Apex and Nike RZN White balls seem to be working for me now. I just need to resist the urge to swing them with the Recoil shafts and stick with the NsPro 950.

Another good day on the course with these. I wasn't quite a precise today as last weekend with these but man they are forgiving. Came out of a few and caught them low on the face but distance loss and accuracy was almost nil. They are so easy to hit and they still scream confidence over the ball. Super...super satisfied.

After a few practice sessions with the new clubs, I really like the Apex a lot - but found myself a bit overmatched by the Tour-V (at least in stiff). I had to swing much harder than I want to with my age (46) and wonky back to get them to launch how I want and was pulling too many shots by overswinging. I could deal with the stiff in 9, pw, aw but it wasn't working very well in 6, 7, 8.

Gonna go back to some C-Taper lites (but in stiff this time instead of regular.) I think that's gonna be the ideal setup for my 78-80 mph steep but smooth trap draw sorta swing. The Apex are keepers though!

Apex's were on the money today, shot 75 and they were pin seeking.....buttery forged flavor :)

I know one way you guys are related. You both faced me at #TheKing (with similar results) :alien: Also, the Apexes are great irons.
Considering you are known as sandy I would say me and my brother sparks slowed you down pretty well, oh which team won #TheKing???? Sorry brother could not reaist lol

Had 3 days of fun with the apexes again this weekend. I actually love these more and more everytime I play. The forgivness is mind blowing

Back