What new tip have you learned lately that has helped your game?

And dont forget Vapor Lockin Rob Wedge. That is the key to your 350 yard hybos.

For sure Rickie. Actually only getting about 349.99 yards now. Age is a female dog!

I'm definitely trying the straight arm pitch technique next time out, I'm leaving too many strokes go with mishit green side chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot help taking the club inside then laying off at the top. Anyone have any tips to fix this? I've been focusing on taking the club straight back and then hinging my wrists up, but then I end up laying off at the top of the backswing again.

I'm very incosistent with the driver, if it wasn't for the big stick I'm sure I would be playing in the 80's much more often then I do now. So I was searching for some driver techniques until I stumbled upon this one.

It just sounds so very logical but I'm one of those guys who always has been setting up the driver right behind the ball. Went to the driving range and focused on the 3 tips from the video and wow! I've hit about 40 drives and I didn't slice a single one! I hit 4 hooks but the rest was just hit pure and rather straight, sometimes a little draw or a baby fade. That is HUGE for me! Besides that I struck all of them really well feel wise.

Been borrowing a lot of cues from Rickie Fowler's swing, especially his irons. Not letting my left knee turn back to the inside, and made a point to keep my left foot flat on the ground on my back swing did a lot to quiet my lower body and made my swing much more consistent and even stronger, I think. Felt a lot more stable, and at the same time I felt like I had a much more efficient coil and swing path, and it put an end to a tendency to reverse pivot off the tee.

I have been trying to copy Steve Stricker's by not having a lot of wrist cock in the top of my swing. I'm a short hitter to begin with, and was worried I might lose even more distance. Fortunately, that has not been the case, but my ball striking has improved tremendously.

Today my instructor noted how much my grip has improved.
For some reason, grip was really overlooked as a emphasis in my game.

Swing felt a lot more free today, even with an injured finger.
Cannot wait until next week!

My coach this weekend showed me how to get the club properly taken away on the right plane. What a difference. Crazy part is its so simple. So instead of using my hands to take away the club I am using my arms and body. Im pretty happy right now.

I'm very incosistent with the driver, if it wasn't for the big stick I'm sure I would be playing in the 80's much more often then I do now. So I was searching for some driver techniques until I stumbled upon this one.

This is very cool jefka - I've never seen that explanation of how to set up the same every time and why your upper body sometimes shifts forward to the ball with the driver. Can't wait to get out on the range and work on this some.

My Tip: I've been playing golf for 40 years and always thought I was a feel player. Well I found out about a month or so ago that my feel relies on visualization. I have to visualize it first, THEN I feel it and can execute. I never realized this was how my swing process really worked and it explains a lot about my game. I can hit the most beautiful, perfect shot and then with what I think is the same swing hit a crappy one. I also seem to make better swings on harder shots. When I really focus on (visualize) how to hit a difficult shot I usually pull it off, but with an easy shot many times I will just hit it without thinking about it too much resulting in a mediocre or worse result. I realize now that I have to get into the habit of visualizing every single shot to play my best. What I've started doing is talking through the shot out loud, like I'm talking to a caddie, which allows me to better visualize the trajectory, movement, etc. and then step up and swing away.

You may already be doing this but if not it could definitely make a difference for you.

I was playing with an elderly couple yesterday and after watching me just make a fool of myself for the first two holes he walked up to me, pit his hand on my shoulder and said "Son, you need to slow the EFF down" Well I started taking the club back and transitioning much slower and BOOM, just like that I was hitting clean and crisp irons and wedges.

Can't wait to play again!!

A grip pressure that is too tight leads to all sorts of issues.

A 3 out of 10 grip strength wise is sufficient!

It just sounds so very logical but I'm one of those guys who always has been setting up the driver right behind the ball. Went to the driving range and focused on the 3 tips from the video and wow! I've hit about 40 drives and I didn't slice a single one! I hit 4 hooks but the rest was just hit pure and rather straight, sometimes a little draw or a baby fade. That is HUGE for me! Besides that I struck all of them really well feel wise.

I have just watched this video and it is exactly what I started to do yesterday at the range and I was hitting absolute bombs with my 3W and I can't wait to receive the driver I have just ordered to practice the same thing with that as well

Like you say, absolutely nothing went to the right - I had a couple of pulls but even they weren't too bad and I think this could have just changed my game for the better for this year

The beauty of THP. You can do the same thing here and get help from the iconic Freddie Kong and do so absolutely free.

Best thing I learned all year...work on swing adjustments on the practice range. Once on the course, trust your swing and let it fly.

Slowing down my backswing and controlling my overswing were two tips that recently changed my game dramatically. I now hit further, straighter iron and wood shots. Still swing quite fast with my driver, for some reason I can't slow it down or I'll hit a worse slice than usual.
Oh, and, the straight-arm pitch is a gem of a technique.

Steady head, left arm straight through takeaway, and stronger grip have all contributed to me making better and more consistent contact with my irons.

I have been trying to copy Steve Stricker's by not having a lot of wrist cock in the top of my swing. I'm a short hitter to begin with, and was worried I might lose even more distance. Fortunately, that has not been the case, but my ball striking has improved tremendously.

"I can't think of a swing of a world-class player that's easier to copy." The key to Stricker's swing is, it has fewer moving parts

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-inst...s/2010-08/photos-steve-stricker#ixzz2uveZ1Bhp

Although only a temporary on-course fix, I learned that if I take a baseball grip, or slightly separate my hands on the grip, I will not shank that short approach shot into the green.

For short putts, seeing the cup in my peripheral vision can cause problems so just close my left eye.

I tried this...works amazingly well. I'm crushing the ball using this technique. I have hit a few snap hooks when my weight drifts off-center, but I am enjoying contact like I've never had before!

Other than alignment. Work the left hip away from the ball and let the right arm fold have really started to feel right for me.

Tom Watson had one on Golf channel this week about keeping the shoulders level through the swing when his feet were above the ball (downhill lie) Was able to use it today in practice and avoided the typical slice.

I have been making a seriously conscious effort to keep my back elbow tucked throughout my backswing and downswing. I noticed I was severely chicken winging my back elbow when I recorded myself for the first time. Since then? I have been hitting my irons much better.

Another tip I picked up from Callaway's Office Tips. To hit a higher shot, lift your head up down your target line to raise your front shoulder. It will force you behind the ball and will help you swing up. Did it today and it seemed to work well. Between that and slowing my swing down, I was getting off the tee fairly well today.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

To hover my driver before the take back. It slows my turn down which helps keep me from sliding back with my hips. 90 % of my physical mistakes come from rocking to the right instead of turning core with arms as 1. Thats 60° all the way to driver for me.

The thought of trying to gets left shoulder over my right foot on the backswing which promotes a fuller turn. And the sensation of keeping my back to the target a touch longer to promote more lag and clubhead speed. Combine all that with firing the right hip through to get the weight transfer and it's all adds up to the same old **** on a different day lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back