Golf Digest's change

I really don't care what people want to do as far as smoking goes. That said I thought the article was stupid to be included in GD. I don't remember them running a five page story about drinking on the course. No matter how you feel about it, it is still an illegal activity in most states. Heck even the states that it's legal it illegal federally so doing an article like that made no sense to me.

I have to agree.

Just one part of golf. I would rather they talked about weed among golfers than Paulina Gretzky's stretching routine.

Nobody got that issue for the article dude! Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This must be like a east and west coast thing. I have never once seen someone smoke weed on a golf course.

This must be like a east and west cost thing. I have never once seen someone smoke weed on a golf course.

You're in Iowa dude. It's probably meth.

Sad to say

This must be like a east and west cost thing. I have never once seen someone smoke weed on a golf course.
I think it could be because most guys that do are discreet about it (kinda have to be haha) opposed to you know when the group ahead of you is boozing. I could be wrong tho, in all honesty I don't see many guys doing it either

A touchy subject for some. I kind of agree with GD, if its relevant in the game why not talk about it. Depending on which area you live, you may be more prone to other judgements. Here weed is legal and many times on the course or even driving range you can see lighting one up. BC is very diverse as there are people from many different backgrounds and cultures. You can see when they are trully taken back and report things right away to someone high up. Even overheard one man call the police, as teenagers were smoking weed on the range. I think thats a little much, but thats me. Other ways and directions to go before that step. I am not for or against this topic just as long as they keep it light.

But how is it relevant to golf? I don't recall that they commonly have feature pieces on drinking scotch or beer or smoking cigars on the course. What's next, a piece about Obamacare or the unemployment rate and golf?

This must be like a east and west coast thing. I have never once seen someone smoke weed on a golf course.

I've seen it (smelled it) on a little nine hole course in Exira, Iowa and a then nine hole course in Anita, Iowa.

I've seen it and smelled it on numerous courses in Kansas City,

I've seen it (smelled it) on a little nine hole course in Exira, Iowa and a then nine hole course in Anita, Iowa.

I've seen it and smelled it on numerous courses in Kansas City,

I've never even heard of those places so I'll take your word for it? Heh

They are about 80 miles (give or take) west of Des Moines on I- 80. One is about 15 miles north of I-80, the other is about 15 miles south. Used to go there a lot when I was married to my first wife.

They are about 80 miles (give or take) west of Des Moines on I- 80. One is about 15 miles north of I-80, the other is about 15 miles south. Used to go there a lot when I was married to my first wife.

Ah. Central Iowa doesn't count they're all Delta Bravo's anyway.

You've never heard of Kansas City? hahaha

You guys don't know how difficult it is for me to not launch into a 1,500-word analysis of the editorial and ethical implications of issue acknowledgment and the media, as well as the balance between journalistic entertainment and objectivity, which was mentioned above. :glasses-nerdy:

Whether you're ok with weed or not, there's no reason to be bothered by an article about it. Clearly, it's happening enough that Golf Digest finds it relevant enough to write about it.

Whether you're ok with weed or not, there's no reason to be bothered by an article about it. Clearly, it's happening enough that Golf Digest finds it relevant enough to write about it.

I wasn't gonna get this into it with my views but since you said what you did I truly feel the need to respond. Yes there is a reason to be bothered by the article because me and I'm sure countless other people took the article as nothing more than a propaganda piece to help promote the legalization of marijuana. Now we could argue for hours on both sides of the coin as to why they should and why they shouldn't but that's not the point with this argument.

Yeahhh. I actually followed the link and read the "article" in question.
This is a WHOLE lotta to-do about nothing. That piece is filler. Quarter page stuff. Of which the whole "weed" thing is a lame joke by Levine IN A GQ INTERVIEW THEY QUOTE.

This is not an editorial on weed. This is just trying to fill space with something golf-related that might appeal to a younger demographic. Adam Levine is popular. Adam golfs. "Article" takes 3 minutes to work up, and costs bupkiss.

Don't really care if someone on the course it smoking, or drinking ... What ticks me off, is when they get in a car and drive ... Putting me at risk ... Then I have issue ...
This. Some of these fools can't even finish the round driving a golf cart, and then they get behind the wheel?

So lets smoke pot! Yeah, great idea!

You know how hard it is to do a line of coke on the front of a golf cart? That angle is far too severe.

Interesting was the candy THC mentioned. Was this the article, I may be confusing with another read recently. If thc slows down the nervous system, then it has a similar effect as beta-blockers which could possible be an unfair advantage to your opponent.

I was just thinking the same thing. For as "prevalent" as it is in the golf community, I must be golfing under a rock.

I don't know that I have ever seen someone smoke weed while on a golf course.

Yeahhh. I actually followed the link and read the "article" in question.
This is a WHOLE lotta to-do about nothing. That piece is filler. Quarter page stuff. Of which the whole "weed" thing is a lame joke by Levine IN A GQ INTERVIEW THEY QUOTE.

This is not an editorial on weed. This is just trying to fill space with something golf-related that might appeal to a younger demographic. Adam Levine is popular. Adam golfs. "Article" takes 3 minutes to work up, and costs bupkiss.

While I agree it's filler, it's garbage filler at that.

Also, I find it funny at the idea that Adam Levine talking about weed = appealing to a younger demographic. They should try something a bit more practical next time.

I was just thinking the same thing. For as "prevalent" as it is in the golf community, I must be golfing under a rock.

I don't know that I have ever seen someone smoke weed while on a golf course.

Maybe it is dependent upon where you live. I have seen dozens of people do it. In fact when I worked at very nice private course in college, I saw it more than at the muni I play out of now. I think it has always existed (modern), but people are more brazen now. I think the article was trying to reflect that.

Back