Country Music Fans in Here!!

Which song was that? One he sang with his wife?

No, although we did consider that song. It was Something that we do, and he did sing it. He did write it with her.

Never knew this thread existed. I am all about the country music and its pretty much all you'll hear blasting from my car or truck.

Big and Rich/ Vince Gill/ Kenny Chesney/ George Strait

heck we raise wild mustangs ..6 of them.. So listening to country is a prerequisite

mm

Massive fan for years, mostly listening to bands at the moment -Florida Georgia Line, Gloriana, Lady Antebellum etc but particular fave right now is Casey Donahew Band, great in the car

Massive fan for years, mostly listening to bands at the moment -Florida Georgia Line, Gloriana, Lady Antebellum etc but particular fave right now is Casey Donahew Band, great in the car

Wow, surprise to find a Casey Donahue fan across the pond.

Yeah, limited coverage on radio/tv but I keep an eye on the billboard country charts and thanks to the digital age and the likes of amazon, super easy to check new things out.

Garth Brooks Live from Las Vegas tonight at 8 PM Central time on CBS.

Garth Brooks' live Las Vegas concert set to air on Friday

By JERRY WOFFORD

Garth Brooks is set to air his Las Vegas concert Friday, which he has said will be the last performance of his hit one-man show.
The concert will air live on CBS, channel 6 at 8 p.m.

The special, "Garth Brooks, Live from Las Vegas," will air from the Encore Theater at the Wynn Las Vegas, where Brooks has performed his one-man show to sold-out audiences for the past three years.

Brooks and his guitar take the audience through the influences that made Brooks a country superstar. Brooks performs several of the songs from those artists and talks about how they influenced his life and career.

"This is the soundtrack of my life," Brooks said in a release announcing the special. "Growing up the last of six kids, music was the life blood of our family and as you can imagine, mom, dad, and each kid had his or her own favorite stuff, and it all funneled down to me."

Brooks is also offering an eight-disk box set featuring new music and a DVD of his Las Vegas show, available on Black Friday and only at Walmart stores.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/mus...cle_a9723718-6b1f-5d00-a71c-3b5aedae3285.html

Last edited:
Thread from the dead but worth sharing I thought... Big surprise to me this past week was how good Lucy Hale's debut album is.
My mrs watches Pretty Little Liars and Privileged so I'm familiar with her as an actress and was expecting an album of an actress *acting* as a singer but very wrong indeed.
The voice was not what I was expecting at all, she does a great job and while not hard core country, I'd liken it to a pre-pop Shania Twain, or maybe an early Martina McBride.

Definitely worth checking out.

I was just going through amazon prime to see all the country music that I can get for free. I'm a kid in a candy store:D

I spent most the weekend drinking beer and listening to bro country. Good times.

I don't normally think of myself as a CM fan, but I do love me some Johnny Cash and Dwight Yoakam.

Yokam is awesome.

Yokam is awesome.
His live album is my default road trip music choice. In can't hear those songs without thinking about the open road, or vice versa.

Big CM fan. I have XM in my truck and it never leaves channel 59. Considered Prime for times when not in truck but just can't quite justify the price yet.

I love country music. I don't listen as much as I used to, as I tend to get wrapped up in Sportstalk a lot. But I enjoy many of the new artist as well as the ones that originally brought me to country, George Strait, Alan Jackson and others.

dwightyoakamacoustic.net is in my top 10 albums of all time.

He's also terrific in the Crank movies :D

I love country music!!! We have 2 country music festivals nearby. Country fest and taste of country music festival. I want to go to Taste of Country music festival next year the headliner is supposed to be Tim McGraw

I went and seen Brantley and Tyler Farr Friday night. It was pretty awesome as we watched from the stage. A buddy does work there and hooked me up with passes.
9u4e4yqe.jpg
gubuva5y.jpg
a2uqa2eg.jpg

dwightyoakamacoustic.net is in my top 10 albums of all time.

He's also terrific in the Crank movies :D

Agreed, crazy good cd, some of those songs are hauntingly good.

Big country fan, all I listen to anymore. Zac Brown band has to be tops on my list. Gotta say though, as much as I love country music, there's some of it that is pretty awful.

Big country fan, all I listen to anymore. Zac Brown band has to be tops on my list. Gotta say though, as much as I love country music, there's some of it that is pretty awful.

Agreed, I like Zac, but so much of what you hear on the radio is bunk.

Just saw George Strait, Tim McGraw, & Faith Hill in concert a few weeks back and have Miranda Lambert coming up in Sept. The Mrs is a huge country music fan, it's really all we listen to anymore

I love me some Country music too. I like pretty much all of it from the good classic stuff to the modern pop-ish stuff. Was at a Luke Brian concert a month or two ago and it was a riot.

Here's some big news:

Back