Country Music Fans in Here!!

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought i'd make a thread for us country music lovers to discuss our favourite artists and what not. Seems there is not much love for country around these forums so I think we all need to unite :D

My favourite Male artists is Toby Keith hands down. While there are a few songs I don't prefer I just love a majority of his songs and have been a huge fan of him since I was 12.

My favourite female artist is Terri Clark. She is just coming out with some great music lately including "Northern Girl" which I am just hooked on right now. I like how she is Canadian as well.

I'd also like to point out I CANNOT stand Johnny Reid.

Who's your favourite?

Johnny Cash and some Zach Brown Band are okay now and again.

countries so hit and miss with me. somedays i really like it and others i dont. toby keith is definatly my favorite country artist. Other than that its just certain songs from artists that i like. basically the "hit" songs that everyone finds catchy

countries so hit and miss with me. somedays i really like it and others i dont. toby keith is definatly my favorite country artist. Other than that its just certain songs from artists that i like. basically the "hit" songs that everyone finds catchy

It all depends on your mood. If I feel really energetic usually I won't listen to country. If I am in a relaxed mood and just feel like reflecting I listen to country. Or in the mornings when I'm really groggy.

I grew up a rocker but I do enjoy many types of music, including country. You can never go wrong with Shania Twain. Good for the ears, and even better for the eyes. I just wish she would get back out there. Another great female singer is Alison Krauss. She has it all as well.

"Country music" just doesn't sound like country music anymore. Seems like everyone who can't make it as a pop star does country. I do still listen to real country though. Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash etc.

"Country music" just doesn't sound like country music anymore. Seems like everyone who can't make it as a pop star does country. I do still listen to real country though. Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash etc.

That is exactly why I listed to country music now. The songs there are more like the pop music from 10-15 years ago, while today's pop music is more like techno.

Got to love Willie. He made the classical guitar cool in country. When I play my classical, I often find myself wanting to learn and play some of Willie's stuff. He is a better player than he is given credit for, plus I love his "freestyle" lifestyle.

+1 on the old school country, I have seen all 3 you have listed plus Merle, Conway, George Jones, Loretta, Dolly, Don Williams and many others. The only "new" country act I have seen live is Hank Jr. and that isn't exactly new.

I've seen Willie play a couple times and he's one of my all time favorite artists. Saw him play outside on the side of a mountain in Montana. That was freaking sweet. As for the new stuff, I've seen tons of country concerts, but I'm not really into the music.

Willie Nelson got hit by a truck and died last week.

Spoiler
he was playing on the road again :blob:

I like country music myself :guitar:. I used to sing a little bit in the bars :drinks: and then later on the karaoke circuit :D. I have seen quite a few of the old artist in concert a few years back. One of many favorite male artist has to be Vince Gill. Beautiful voice and can play an instrument. My favorite female vocalist is Reba McEntire. Lord have mercy that gal can sing and she is as cute as a springer spaniel :thumb:

I've seen Willie play a couple times and he's one of my all time favorite artists. Saw him play outside on the side of a mountain in Montana. That was freaking sweet. As for the new stuff, I've seen tons of country concerts, but I'm not really into the music.

He is a Willie keeper. I've been learning this one on a classical guitar as well. Willie can play.

[video=youtube;DkS5H3Of4-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkS5H3Of4-E[/video]

His guitar is definitely an aquired taste in that it isn't technically perfect, etc, but I personally love. Teatro is one of the best albums ever.

I think it's sad that a Canadian who like country probably has never heard of Neko Case. IMO, one of the best female county/bluegrass vocalists I've ever heard. Do yourself a favor Dent and check her out, you'll dump Terri Clark in a minute.

I havent, and I will! Who is Terri Clark? lol
I think it's sad that a Canadian who like country probably has never heard of Neko Case. IMO, one of the best female county/bluegrass vocalists I've ever heard. Do yourself a favor Dent and check her out, you'll dump Terri Clark in a minute.

I just went to a concert last thursday, Band Perry(my wife loves them) with Eric Church. It was a very entertaining show

Willie was one of the best shows I've ever been too in my life. His voice just boomed over the theatre dude. I got goosebumps when he hit low notes lol. HAHAHA. It was seriously awesome though.

I'm a fan of all types of music and I hate to say I don't like the new stuff because some of it is amazing. Gary Allan is one of my all time favorite artists and I remember just almost wearing out my Smoke Rings in the Dark cd haha. Ok nough rambling. Oh and Brad Paisley is a beast on guitar.

His guitar is definitely an aquired taste in that it isn't technically perfect, etc, but I personally love. Teatro is one of the best albums ever.

Paisley is one of the best guitar players in the world right now.

I have his cover of Layla saved as one of my favorite you tube videos. He doesnt cover it note for note but puts his own spin on it and is just amazing. Maybe we can have a Paisley/Nelson concert at the outing.

Paisley is one of the best guitar players in the world right now.

+1 on the old school country, I have seen all 3 you have listed plus Merle, Conway, George Jones, Loretta, Dolly, Don Williams and many others. The only "new" country act I have seen live is Hank Jr. and that isn't exactly new.

+1 Big Time!
Today's country is nothing more than regular pop with less bass, and a southern drawl added to the voice over.

How bout some Ian Tyson? One of Alberta's local good ol'boys - none of that Paul Brandt garbage.

Has anyone heard Drive By Truckers? Alt country band, they put out some really good stuff

Back