Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Shouldn't have in a good way you mean? Sorry I'm on TT but you're playing the Bio right Jman? Just curious how they compare for you

In a great way.

They're my two favorite heads this year, for my needs. Its literally going to be a battle royal, and I have no clue who ends up winning.

In a great way.

They're my two favorite heads this year, for my needs. Its literally going to be a battle royal, and I have no clue who ends up winning.
Haha gotcha, thought that's what you were saying. That's great tho, have two very solid options for you and just let them battle for supremacy. Obviously you're coming away with something you bomb! I can't wait to have Bertha in my bag

I was playing today with the BB and noticed a pronounced line on the crown just behind the face (about a .50" or so) where the top must be joined to the face. It is raised up in the paint but not cracked that i can see. I tried to get a good picture of it but it just doesn't show up well. Just wondering if any other BB owners can see that line, I stopped at Dick's Sporting goods on the way home and looked at 5 they had on the rack and none of them had the line showing. I will try to post it from Tapatalk. It wraps around the top of the hosel and extends across the top of the head.

I was playing today with the BB and noticed a pronounced line on the crown just behind the face (about a .50" or so) where the top must be joined to the face. It is raised up in the paint but not cracked that i can see. I tried to get a good picture of it but it just doesn't show up well. Just wondering if any other BB owners can see that line, I stopped at Dick's Sporting goods on the way home and looked at 5 they had on the rack and none of them had the line showing. I will try to post it from Tapatalk. It wraps around the top of the hosel and extends across the top of the head.
I have 2 BB drivers and both have that line. They appear after some use fue to the hyper speed face cup flexing in

egyja5ej.jpg

You can see it some in this picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It doesn't seem to affect anything, I just had not noticed it before.

I see that too at just the right angle and light. I thought it might have been an extra clearcoat type of coating for the front of the crown.

I notice the line on mine too.

Mine has the line to. As long as it doesn't crack or affect the club its ok.

Mine has the line to. As long as it doesn't crack or affect the club its ok.

How is the big bertha going? Finally got the red tie, like it but not a huge fan of white shafts, which I new before I got it :(

How is the big bertha going? Finally got the red tie, like it but not a huge fan of white shafts, which I new before I got it :(

Its going great. I just have the standard factory shaft as I didn't have a chance to try others but I seams to be ok. I don't think im seeing much more distance but like I have said the forgiveness across the face on mishit shots is great and worth not having those extra couple of meters. Yesterday my swing wasn't on song until about the 14th hole but the club still performed like it should.

Have you tried the BB? How come you don't like white shafts?

I am close to pulling the trigger on a BB. I have no trouble hitting FW with my R1 but something is either wrong with the club or I'm just not swinging fast enough. I hit the sweet spot or very close to it almost every time but my average carry is barely over 200 yds. My longest drive of late is 240. That was my average last year.

Out if all the drivers I have hit this year in year the BB stands out with more
Average carry (close to 220 on the monitors) and is at least as
Good if not better total distance wise than the r1.

I'm seriously frustrated with missed GIR and certainly putting myself inside of 150 instead if at or outside of it would help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent some time on the range the past couple of days and was noticing some inconsistency in my yardages. Decided to change the settings yesterday and noticed the 5 gram weight had somehow become loose. I had never touched it at all since receiving the driver so I suggest everyone at least check it once to see if it might have worked loose like mine.

Yardages were much more consistent after I tightened the weight.

Interesting, mine has never come loose. Do you tighten it until it clicks?

Separately, I love this driver so much, it has officially become part of my avatar...

Saturday, I went thru a fitting back home in Michigan at one of the Top 100 fitting locations in the US. I've been hitting a a 15 yard draw to huge hook all day, every day, with my Alpha. Tried a number of different drivers and I ended up being fit for the Bertha.

One thing the fitter mentioned is that I needed the weighting adjustment around the perimeter more due to my hand action in the swing. He put the sliding weight all the way in the toe, changed my shaft to a heavier Diamana X stiff, and I never hit one left again!!! Unreal. Literally, I was hitting dead-straight balls down the range.

Trackman and computer numbers confirmed what I was seeing. Wow. No more trying to figure out why I'm hitting a book- just get the best fitting money can buy and it's figured out! He told me, "It's not your swing. It's your current set-up." Good to know, now!

Good stuff, Paul. Doesn't the heavier weight in the toe promote a draw?

Good stuff, Paul. Doesn't the heavier weight in the toe promote a draw?

No. Heel would. Also going to the 82g shaft helps as well.

No. Heel would. Also going to the 82g shaft helps as well.

Yup, heel is draw, toward the toe is fade.

Mine is set two over to the heel side.

Spent some time on the range the past couple of days and was noticing some inconsistency in my yardages. Decided to change the settings yesterday and noticed the 5 gram weight had somehow become loose. I had never touched it at all since receiving the driver so I suggest everyone at least check it once to see if it might have worked loose like mine.

Yardages were much more consistent after I tightened the weight.
This also happened to me after I was fitted and one range session. I heard a rattle after hitting a ball and it had come loose.... Hasn't happened since I tightened it ::knock on wood::

This driver keeps on surprising me. Was hitting the ball well today, and was further down the first hole at my home course than I've ever been. Was hitting into a headwind as well. This thing just produces ball speed. Was in or near the fairway all day.

Adjustable setting

Adjustable setting

This also happened to me after I was fitted and one range session. I heard a rattle after hitting a ball and it had come loose.... Hasn't happened since I tightened it ::knock on wood::

Hi All..

Newbie here and need some advice on the fantastic Big Bertha ..

I recently purchased the club online and love it! I tinkered with the adjustments and cannot get the click slound when screwing the head back to the shaft?!? I have twisted it very tight to the point where any tighter is just uncomfortable and scary to do..

am I doing something wrong here ? All the lines are in the correct position, and I had my local pro give it a go and he also felt uncomfortable turning the wrench any tighter. Recommended I send it back, has anyone else come across the same problem?

(hopefully I have not overlooked this in the thread already!)

That first time, it is a bit awkward, but the truth is, if the club is the real deal, the adapter is the real deal and the torque wrench is made for the club, there is not a whole lot of damage you can do. Its hard to turn when you think you are going to break it, but it will click by design.

Thanks JB.. I will give it another go. The club is defo the real deal delivered directly from a reputable supplier warranty included. The screw is making that uncomfortable squeaking sound where it's pushing into the head to the point where 'it seems' it cant go any further without damaging something.

I was hitting it at the range and it felt great! but each time I was uncomfortable knowing the head is not fixed as the manufacturer recommended. I will have to put my brave face on and give the screw the extra twist! Cheers !

My swing has been a bit inconsistent lately, but the BB still keeps it either in the FW or at least in play. I rarely ever lose one off the tee anymore thanks to Bertha. I get a little greedy every once in awhile and I'll either hook it or miss it out on the toe, but I still see 250 yd drives that are playable. Still need to throw a midsize grip on the shaft, but overall, I'm still more than happy with what I'm seeing.

Back