Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

I'll tell ya, this putter is really good. I can't get over how quiet everything is throughout the stroke, I am really growing to love this one.

When I bought mine I paid no attention what so ever to the length. I think it was like 35 or maybe even 36 inches. Came back from Franklin where I was fit to 33 and just could not make a putt with my TB to save my life. I could make 5 in a row with my X2 and miss the same 5 with the TB. Cut it to the same length as the X2 and problem solved. Doesn't get so "loosey goosey" on the longer strokes either.

JM

Was able to spend some time with one today. I am very impressed with how the insert in the face feels. Really glad they have the other larger grip. I will say though the putter is a little to light for me. But I really did enjoy the balance of it.

The longer I spend with this putter, the more I'm liking it. I had 16 putts last night, and I realized that you don't have to swing hard with this putter because the insert is so good. I just let the weight of the putter swing it, and let the insert put a good roll on the ball, and good things happen. Initially I wasn't a big fan, but it is certainly growing on me in a big way.

I was just looking at these on the bay...

TD-01 or TD-03...

When is payday again...?

I was just looking at these on the bay...

TD-01 or TD-03...

When is payday again...?

What style of putter do you normally use? Just ask next time I'm up in Michigan and you can borrow my TD-01 partner.

This putter just continues to grow on me. In the beginning those lengthy putts were nightmarish for me. I now have the confidence when standing over 20+' putts that I can leave it close for a sure putt. Where I improved was keeping the hands from getting out in front and deadening the putt.

What style of putter do you normally use? Just ask next time I'm up in Michigan and you can borrow my TD-01 partner.

This putter just continues to grow on me. In the beginning those lengthy putts were nightmarish for me. I now have the confidence when standing over 20+' putts that I can leave it close for a sure putt. Where I improved was keeping the hands from getting out in front and deadening the putt.

Stop by and bring Mike's...lol
I'm sure he wont mind...

25 putts with the TD-03 today!!! Yes ball striking sucked, yes good chipping helped pad that number, bit the putter was hot all day. Drained couple good 8 footers to save par and a 10 ft birdy putt!

25 putts with the TD-03 today!!! Yes ball striking sucked, yes good chipping helped pad that number, bit the putter was hot all day. Drained couple good 8 footers to save par and a 10 ft birdy putt!

NICE!! I think we are getting one of these for winning the OC Invitational, not 100% sure, but I can't wait to try one. I don't know if I could give up my SeeMore but there's nothing wrong with trying something new is there? Kind of like looking, just don't touch.

NICE!! I think we are getting one of these for winning the OC Invitational, not 100% sure, but I can't wait to try one. I don't know if I could give up my SeeMore but there's nothing wrong with trying something new is there? Kind of like looking, just don't touch.

You sure are.

I believe you have one on the way (if past invitational winners prize pack holds true). This putter is the real deal. Definitely different from anything out there but once acclimated to it, you can trust your stroke and the ball will roll true

I believe you have one on the way (if past invitational winners prize pack holds true). This putter is the real deal. Definitely different from anything out there but once acclimated to it, you can trust your stroke and the ball will roll true

Got a few goose bumps. I spend hours on the putting green. Can't wait to roll this thing!

32 putts today with this putter. Getting much more comfortable with it and actually enjoying it more than I expected. I am trusting my stroke so much more with this putter.

Has anyone done anything different then the stock grip on these putters? I have the putter and like it, but would really like a different grip as this one feels like a pool noodle to me and just something I want to tinker with.

Has anyone done anything different then the stock grip on these putters? I have the putter and like it, but would really like a different grip as this one feels like a pool noodle to me and just something I want to tinker with.
Nope, and honestly the grip doesn't bother me at all anymore. Going back to my winn the winn feels REALLY tacky, but when I just play the true balance I can't tell it's a pool noodle.

Ryan was rolling this well today, the performance was speaking for itself for sure.

I would be careful in doing that, as the weighting of the grip really makes the true balance concept work. Adding a heavier grip will likely mix up that balance point.

Love this putter never putted better. My only complaint is this yellow grip. Come on bridgestone plain black would suffice.

32 putts today with this putter. Getting much more comfortable with it and actually enjoying it more than I expected. I am trusting my stroke so much more with this putter.

You were putting very well today. Your speed control was very good.

I hit 3 or 4 putts with Ryan's putter on the practice green, and it honestly wasn't enough time to give it a fair shake. From the few putts I hit with it though, I wasn't a fan of the feel. I think it was just because it was a lot different than my current putter as far as weighting and everything.

Let me tell you guys about the true balance putter in my experience. When they first released, I went to pga store and rolled them. The weighting and feel of this putter is dramatically different from any other putter and ill admit I did not take to it right away.
After the conference call with bridgestone and hearing the tech and the passion behind it, I went ahead and purchased one. Since then I have grown accustomed to it and came to love it. The insert is fantastic and puts a very true roll on the ball. The way you feel the putter head in the stroke is great. Just trust your stroke and it produces results. It is honestly ruining my putter collection. I have so many beautiful putters and the TD-03 is the one I roll!

I must admit. I am seriously looking into these. I am intrigued. The tech seems to make sense and work.

I must admit. I am seriously looking into these. I am intrigued. The tech seems to make sense and work.

The hard thing about this putter is that it is so different, you're probably not going to like it if you pick it up and putt for 10 minutes in a golf shop. I've struggled with distance control for a long time, and with this it just swings so naturally that I can control distance a lot better. I picked mine up used on ebay, and there are some decent deals to be had, but I think if people give this a true trial period (1-2 weeks?), I think they'll end up loving it. I think if Bridgestone put these on their test drive program, people would end up buying more of them.

The hard thing about this putter is that it is so different, you're probably not going to like it if you pick it up and putt for 10 minutes in a golf shop. I've struggled with distance control for a long time, and with this it just swings so naturally that I can control distance a lot better. I picked mine up used on ebay, and there are some decent deals to be had, but I think if people give this a true trial period (1-2 weeks?), I think they'll end up loving it. I think if Bridgestone put these on their test drive program, people would end up buying more of them.

I know that I definitely would need more time with the putter. As you said, it's just so different compared to "normal" putters with regards to how it feels to not only swing the putter, but to actually hit a ball with it.

Back