The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I couldnt have said this any better. The last month has been very demanding at work, home and everywhere else. Ive managed to prwctice and play when I could but man I wish I had more time... but ill be ready yhr best I. Can

I went through the same thing broham. Started hitting it hard this week again. We'll be fine

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

I'm happy with how my game has come along, but there is always going to be more to do - Srixon's Journey to Better campaign really resonates with me that way. I feel like things are coming together though - played a stretch of 9 holes at +2 during my round last week, and my putting is coming around after a disappearance midseason. I just need to stay away from blowup holes, and I think I'll start seeing some personal bests.

It's been telling lately that I've been upset about rounds that still have lower differentials than the score they're knocking off on the back end. From a more qualitative standpoint, I now feel a lot more confident standing over the ball - I know what my swing is, and have a good idea of where the ball is going before the swing. At the end of last year and the start of the year, I felt like my swing would come and go from round-to-round.

So, getting very close to #THMPC now, a question for the participants.

Is your game where you want it? If you could improve anything about your game, what would it be?

And more importantly, how freeking excited are you!!!???

Game's in a pretty good place I think. Could always be better, but it'll have to do. Putting still needs some work, but it is better than it was before the journey started.

I'm beyond excited. It's been a long build up and it's almost here. I'm not sure what to expect to be honest.

I keep seeing light at the end of the tunnel and it's still not a train. Even though I may go off the tracks from time to time, the game is coming along. Even though I may...may, not reach my goal, today was enlightening. Yet another ah ha moment thanks to a great friend. I for sure haven't peaked and I believe all the hours of work, frustration, and joy have made this journey what it is...Ultimate. I truly believe today makes a turn that will give me the added confidence to be able to support my team. There are very few days, hours...and seconds left on this final leg of the journey. I WILL be ready and so look forward to planting that first...and many, tees in the ground with so many wonderful people! #doworkwithapurpose

I started my MC journey way back in November. I feel my game has improved leaps and bounds since then. If round one was tomorrow would I be ready? Sure I would but these last few weeks will I will put the finishing touches on a few things and show up in MB ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I don't think my game is where I'd like it to be, I'm aware that the likelihood that I was going to meet the lofty expectations I set for myself was pretty slim. My short game needs to improve, and I'd love to be a little longer off the tee. Other than that, I could always improve, but I feel like I gave it my all to get my game to where it is right now. All that's left now is to have fun, tee it up, and grip it & rip it.

Some serious MC prep today. 36 holes and match play. Worn out, but happy with the prep.

I'm feeling confident with my game, much more then I was this time last year going into the Morgan cup. I've worked a lot harder this year, especially through the winter and other than a couple of hiccup rounds,I feel like I am playing the best golf I have ever played. Putting and short game will continue to be my emphasis all the way up to the cup in just under 3 weeks

The game is where it needs to be. It has been interesting watching my game be transformed. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds here in a few weeks. However you can bet I'll be putting something out to be proud of.

You guys are coming down the home stretch... You've been working hard no doubt. It's almost time to stop, and soak it all in. I'm sure there have been times hat you've felt the heat from your loved ones. Take the time to thank them for the sacrifices they've made too.

You guys are coming down the home stretch... You've been working hard no doubt. It's almost time to stop, and soak it all in. I'm sure there have been times hat you've felt the heat from your loved ones. Take the time to thank them for the sacrifices they've made too.
So much truth, thanks Kevin.

Is your game where you want it? If you could improve anything about your game, what would it be?

I am going to come up just shy of the goal I had set for myself, but my game has never been better so I can't complain about that.

I'm like most golfers, I just want to hit it farther.

I'm not a real excitable guy, but I can't freakin wait for the MC!!!

I am playing the best golf I have ever played in my life and I have met my handicap goals--its just a matter of turning that into actual results now.

I could always use more mental focus and green reading is one area I really want to dwell on these last few weeks.

Excitement is at an all time high. I wish I could share more now, but my sponsor and THP has made this beyond a special experience for me.

I set a lofty goal for myself when I was selected and have not reached it yet, but I'm happy with where my game is at. I was under the false assumption that simply putting in time would make me better but found that isn't the case and have to focus on specific weaknesses to really improve, and especially the short game. If I could improve anything right now it would likely be my chipping game, and that is something I will continue to work on in the coming weeks.

My game is good now, I'm confident and I trust my swing.

I'm extremely excited! My game is almost exactly where I want it. I'd like slightly more consistency, but other than that, I'm pleased!

I went through the same thing broham. Started hitting it hard this week again. We'll be fine

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note
I feel confident that we are going to have a blast. Do I want to win..yes. did I put in work to win...yes. my main focus honestly is just to play some good golf and have the weekend of my life.. which I fully believe is in the cards... man its close..

Wow, counting today, I've got only 12 more days of work until I head east. So great to have this to look forward to on a couple of weeks I really don't want to be at work.

It is sure getting close now. I took the long weekend off from golf and now it is time to dig in for the stretch run.

I just went through and caught up once again, I envy each and every one of you, the work you guys put in, the way you've all been there for each other.

I have a couple questions:

What are you scared of? and how are you preparing to deal with those fears? I am not scared. Heading into the process I was nervous that I wouldnt be good enough for my team. Indy and Ocean City showed me where my game is at and that the practice and time I have put into this process have been worth it.

What would you want if you could have it, more lessons, more range time,or more playing? I think I have had a good mix of lessons, practice and playing. In years past, I wouldn't have taken lessons or practiced so its been a change for me but a good one.

How are you preparing yourself to play in a tight match, when youre in control of your match, or playing catch up in a match? I plan to play my own game. Play the course, not my opponent(s). I can only control me.

How do you plan to reset (relax) between matches/days? Hanging with everyone, relaxing and having fun. First and foremost, THP events are about fun and this will be no different.

Thanks!

Again, you all are freaking rock stars I am enjoying the heck out of this thread, I cant imagine how glued I will be to your updates!

You guys have put a tremendous amount of time and thought into The Morgan Cup. You've probably spent a large percentage of every waking moment since finding out you were in thinking about prep, clubs, matches and so forth. Now my question is have any of you gone beyond waking moments? Who has been dreaming (while sleeping) about the MC? What was your dream?
Maybe I am an oddball but I havent had any dreams about the MC. I think about it constantly and talk about it constantly but never dream about it.

Is your game where you want it? If you could improve anything about your game, what would it be? I like where my game is at. I wish I could hit the ball further, putt better, but if I sit here and think back to where I was 7 or 8 months ago, its such a major transformation and one I am very proud of. I plan to continue pushing until there is no time left.

And more importantly, how freeking excited are you!!!??? Words cant describe my level of excitement. It changes on a daily basis. Last night I was talking to my wife about how excited I am to see what shoes we get. Haha.

Thanks for the questions guys. Sorry for not answering sooner. Wanted to make sure I got to a computer and put forth a thorough answer.

I really really want one of these:

jy8uhagy_zpsf4c60274.jpg

I wonder how much shandy can fit into one of those trophies...

Back