Bubba Watson at Golfsmith

there are guys in the game that have to place blame, i have played with guys who hit the "perfect" putt that did not go in, it was a bump, bad greens, the grain, etc. same with other shots the wind took it, i got no roll, it should have released, the ball, the club etc.....it's never them & Bubba seems like one of those guys.

Oh & that video was totally a PR move

I like some of the things he does, like playing against regular guys, etc. It's his behavior on the golf course in tournaments, specifically the treatment of his caddie, which has rubbed me the wrong way.

I love the part where he says he just got off the plane so he is not sure. Kang said the same thing to me when we were in Indy and he went on to hit his first tee ball 330

How can he hit ladies flex and not snap hook it:alien:

How can he hit ladies flex and not snap hook it:alien:
pga-featuring-bubba-watson-large-10.jpg

Bubba confuses me. He looks miserable on the course and has certainly showed a temper. However you see some of the videos and he is more like a big goofball.

Funny video, "what is this ladies flex"

I can honestly say I've never flipped out on anyone on the golf course. It's just a game

It's not just a game to the pros. Can't evaluate the impact of a specific moment of pressure, momentary fatigue, Summer heat, or maybe a repeated conflict/mistake with a caddy.

Seems overblown by wannabe haters.

It's not just a game to the pros. Can't evaluate the impact of a specific moment of pressure, momentary fatigue, Summer heat, or maybe a repeated conflict/mistake with a caddy.

You can try to justify being a dbag all you want. Im not buying it, no excuse for it

You can try to justify being a dbag all you want. Im not buying it, no excuse for it

I'm not sure if it's over blown when your caddy has threatened to quit if you don't control your anger. Bubba himself has talked about his anger issues. Oh and I'm not a hater, I love watching the guy hit golf balls.

fun video and I am a Bubba Golf fan. Some things on the course bother him, i.e camera phones, and he complains about it. Off the course, I think he is a cool dude.

How do you explain his caddie threatening to quit then?

I thought it was a pretty cool video. As a fellow lefty, I sure could relate to Bubba's having trouble locating the lefty clubs and also needing to wait while they switched the flight monitor to the other side.

I wonder if that is the club he used in the 'hybrid only' round.

How do you explain his caddie threatening to quit then?

We all threatened to take our ball and go home when we were children. Did he quit? Then he understands, or its overblown, or the caddie was being a baby, or it's worth the money. For these guys it's a business. Bad behavior if the norm is inexcusable. An occasional blow up is different. Be adult about it when adult stakes are at risk.

So gang up, ridicule, but if you hate Bubba, it's what you bring up. Poor caddie. On his way to becoming a millionaire if not already.

Bubba's good for the game, good for his caddie, fun to watch. What's to hate?

We all threatened to take our ball and go home when we were children. Did he quit? Then he understands, or its overblown, or the caddie was being a baby, or it's worth the money. For these guys it's a business. Bad behavior if the norm is inexcusable. An occasional blow up is different. Be adult about it when adult stakes are at risk.

So gang up, ridicule, but if you hate Bubba, it's what you bring up. Poor caddie. On his way to becoming a millionaire if not already.

Guy is a total douche to spectators, caddies, other players.

Feels the need to praise jesus at every opportune time but is the first to drop a g dammit or f bomb.

acts like he's just one of the good olé boys but takes every opportunity to flaunt his wealth.

The list us endless really.

Guy is a total douche to spectators, caddies, other players.

Feels the need to praise jesus at every opportune time but is the first to drop a g dammit or f bomb.

acts like he's just one of the good olé boys but takes every opportunity to flaunt his wealth.

The list us endless really.

Geeeeze, sounds like our US Governmental elected officials there to me! :D

Ah so the caddie just over-reacted, that's an interesting take on it...

Guess people just have to be adults about it...........Lol now that's funny

It was a fun video, for sure...terrible quality on the video though. Thought I'd see some guy with a 80's style shoulder camera in a mirror at one point. I'm a fan of Bubba's, mainly because we all have faults, no one's perfect....especially on the golf course.

I was wondering the same thing. I guess his wife is just as guilty as she had talked to him about his anger.

Bubba Watson at Golfsmith

"It should be noted that Scott took the blame, and both joked around about it a couple days later."

"But just a few looks at his bagman during his underwhelming day on the greens, and that's all anyone needed to presume he was pissed off at Scott."

"The 2012 Masters champ is a unique talent on the course. His first name, the way he bombs it all over the place and the insane shot shapes from the fairway (it's how he pulled off that memorable shot on No. 10 to win it) should make him an overwhelming fan favorite. He also raises plenty of charity dollars, appears to be an awesome dad and engages well with fans on Twitter. But the guy with the folksy first name and entertaining golf game is a polarizing character, and of all the guys at the top of the leaderboard on Sunday, he's probably got the most people rooting against him."

Big stakes. Big press, big presumptions. He's imperfect. I'm pretty sure his wife didn't call him a d***bag, but while you're hating why not add that all Scotty's are overpriced Pings and Holly wears too much makeup. Lol.

Last edited:
Back