Hopkins DJ21 Irons Review

Great review Hawk!

Hopkins golf is going about this all the right way. They have great wedges that can be customized for the same cost as wedges from the bigger OEM's. And now they are releasing what appears to be a great set of irons at a fantastic price point. Definitely great to see another club manufacturer coming into the picture. Options are always great.

I really like the looks of these and the value can't be beat for a forgiving players iron.

I'd really like to give these a good run and see how these play for me as I suspect if see similar flight to my DPC's.

Ryan, solid review. I love my Hopkins wedges. I'm more of a GI guys with my irons though. I love the look of these, they remind me of my TM 200s. Also hoping you have the 6I in Florida in September... :act-up:

Great review Hawk. I love the look at address and they have that great profile that I really look for in an iron set. I agree with you on the hurdles that Hopkins has to get over in order to be successful with the sales of these, the 30 day money back guarantee is huge and will help. I think word of mouth will be a big driver too if they turn out to be solid.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing how this works out for Hopkins.

Wonder how many people are reading this review now with the recently announced deal for THPers. Hawk you did a great job on this one buddy. I think they look good, and you mentioned the somewhat uphill battle. Giving 30 days to test irons seems kind of crazy these days. However it's just crazy enough to work.

Wonder how many people are reading this review now with the recently announced deal for THPers. Hawk you did a great job on this one buddy. I think they look good, and you mentioned the somewhat uphill battle. Giving 30 days to test irons seems kind of crazy these days. However it's just crazy enough to work.

Missed that, which deal is this?

These definitely are a winner from price point alone - good to hear that the performance isn't at a discount as well. Great review Hawk! If I wasn't trying to go in the MORE forgiving direction, I'd be giving these a serious look.

I think it was in the interview, but maybe not the entire conversation.

With many items, Greg just thinks that there is a wall that prevents much more in the way of meaningful improvement. I think a players iron sort of sits in that category, though different materials and processes might differentiate some. His main point was that these irons aren't going to be better than comparables, but they are just as good at a better price.

Ryan, I really enjoyed reading this one. These honestly are polar opposites of what I expected we would see, the profile immediately took me aback. As such I'm not surprised to hear about the distance being where it is as well as the ball-striking/forgiveness factor. Definitely some interesting irons for the right type of player.

While there is no way a guy like me that misses all over the club face could game these, they seem like a very intriguing offering to someone that could.

Must......hit.......asap.......

Great review hawk, the bag deal looks killer too. I wish I had the money now.

Great review Hawk. When you first see them from the back they look like they would be aimed at the higher handicap but then you see the top line and sole and they look quite good.

Bump anyone else get a chance to give these a run.

I was wondering about these the other day also.

At first I was seeing advertising for these, but nt much now.

Back