Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
anything I should look into putting on my new laptop? software, games, anything useful or entertaining?

I am using a surface 2 (non-pro) as a super lightweight laptop alternative and like it a LOT. I have a pretty hefty laptop for work and the surface is much more convenient when I just want to THP, web surf, do email, etc.

Also, windows 8 with a nice touch screen is just plain awesome.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Looking for a Verizon iPhone 5 if anyone is looking to sell one.

Looking forward to not being a wall hugger when the new Note is released.

Got my new OTA antenna hooked up and getting everything but ABC right now, need to move it around a bit so i can find a spot that works. All other channels come in great. Placed a bid on a lifetime Tivo 4 HD. Looking forward to calling Comcrap and telling them to take their constantly changing prices, lies, and bad customer serifs and shove it. :)

Got my new OTA antenna hooked up and getting everything but ABC right now, need to move it around a bit so i can find a spot that works. All other channels come in great. Placed a bid on a lifetime Tivo 4 HD. Looking forward to calling Comcrap and telling them to take their constantly changing prices, lies, and bad customer serifs and shove it. :)

Good luck brother. We say just about every day that we dont know what we would do without our Tivo Roamio. The UI is better than any out there and it works so freaking well.

In serious ponder on a gopro. We almost bought one last night but the wife spotted the sony action cam and wants me to compare them both first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you buy one, get a battery back to keep it charged. The battery life is flat out terrible if you use remote or phone at all.
I regret purchasing ours, the quality vs dollar is just not there.

I'm debating on picking up a tablet to use for books on tape that I can download from the library, Tapatalk and surf the web on.

Also looking for a head set I can use while driving a truck to listen to the above or talk on the phone while driving

I'm debating on picking up a tablet to use for books on tape that I can download from the library, Tapatalk and surf the web on.

Also looking for a head set I can use while driving a truck to listen to the above or talk on the phone while driving
Can you not use your phone for the above?

If you buy one, get a battery back to keep it charged. The battery life is flat out terrible if you use remote or phone at all.
I regret purchasing ours, the quality vs dollar is just not there.

Thanks JB I will make sure I do my research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you not use your phone for the above?

I can I just don't like killing my battery all the time using Tapatalk while at home/work on wifi or while I'm driving having it plugged in constantly.

I am pretty sure I have asked this before but I am looking into a new tablet for work. Needs to be windows based, something mid range would be ok but I do like the finer things. Any suggestions?

Got the note 3 last night and I'm already in love. Whole round of live updating and had 82% left without needing an external battery. This thing is just so good.

Got the note 3 last night and I'm already in love. Whole round of live updating and had 82% left without needing an external battery. This thing is just so good.

The note has a beefy battery, no doubts about it. Need that battery size to power that massive screen.

Upgraded to the Galaxy S5 active with camo guerrilla cover. Quite a few upgrades and new features compared to the S4 like a 16 megapixel camera and heart rate monitor. It's water resistant up to 30 minutes which will help with the summer rain on the course.

Do any of you guys have any experience with the FitBit. My wife has asked me to pick one up for her and am just curious if anyone has any experience with them good or bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Do any of you guys have any experience with the FitBit. My wife has asked me to pick one up for her and am just curious if anyone has any experience with them good or bad.

I dont use the FitBit, but do use the Withings Pulse O2. Similar in function.

My wife likes it. I on the other hand had a massive allergic reaction to the band.

I have one, solid device for what it is but haven't tried any of the other offerings.

I love to read, but reading on a tablet is useless so I am contemplating a Kindle Paperwhite.

I love to read, but reading on a tablet is useless so I am contemplating a Kindle Paperwhite.

I love the way the Samsung views reading. It gets the lighting right on for me. I struggled with my iPad for this.

I like the reading on my HDX, but nothing beats my original kindle for me.

I like the reading on my HDX, but nothing beats my original kindle for me.

My wife loves her original. Still going after 4 or 5 years. Starting to have issues and she dreads replacing it with a newer model because they just aren't the same and the new cases evidently suck. She has a lighted case for reading in the dark and the new versions get poor reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back