Adams Pro DHy Hybrid Review Thread

If the SHAFT measures 39.5, keep in mind that it will play a bit longer when installed, about 40" or so.

So is the length listed under club specs on a companies website the shaft length or playing length?

Playing.

Just tell them same length and they can handle that I would think.

Yeah I have a pull from a my 20*hybrid that was stock 39.5 so I'll just make sure the shaft is the same length as that one. Thanks gents

Bingo.

Too many times I've seen people install a shaft straight in or have someone do it and be playing about 1" longer and can't figure out why its hard to hit, its funny.

Shaft installed, shortened to 39.5,and grip installed. Can't wait to hit some balls with it!

zere2usy.jpg

ygyzegum.jpg

ahataqyz.jpg

Never expected it, but this club turned out to be one I hit best out of the three Adams hybrids. It's become almost stupid at this point (yes, I am aware of that lol), but the shaft works for me. For a 3h I was getting decent trajectory off the turf. Enough so that I never bothered hitting it off the tee. I like it better than the old one. I've said it before, but as 5 iron replacement this could be pretty fun. I hit this as far as the others and had less instances of the left miss. Sound at impact is similar to the old (basically the same), but it feels different in the swing. I've always sort of been not a big shaft feel guy, but the White Tie stands out to me as pretty dead feeling. TB is sort of the opposite.

Nothing spectacular for distance or forgiveness. It is what it is. Miss often enough and you'll probably wish you had a more traditional hybrid.
Hawk,
Thank you for your review.
It's my understanding that the White Tie is considered a higher launch shaft. Did you find the launch characteristics of this club to be similar to the previous version? I'm currently gaming the previous version DHY in 18°, 21°, and 24° and I see mid trajectory off the deck with the 3h and 4h (low with the 2h) and you've made me curious about the Tour Blue.
(Wow, my club ho'ing increased after joining THP now I'm starting to think about shafts :banghead:)

I can't say I noticed a huge difference in trajectory DT. If you are happy, probably not a compelling reason to upgrade.

I remember how you felt about the previous DHY. It impresses me that a similar club has made you fall in love.

I do love the shaft. The club is fine, but still probably not the best match for me.

But I'm sure you look good doing it :D

I've hit all the Adams hybrids quite a bit over the last two days to get some final thoughts together before I write the review. Going to copy/paste this post in each thread to save a little time.

I have to say that I probably wouldn't play any of them long term. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but they just aren't great matches for me and I have much better results from some others.

Good swings with the Pro deliver a pretty piercing ball that is reasonably long, but for a hybrid that I'd be hitting into greens I'm not sure I can deal with the trajectory. Lots of balls showed that it delivered the highest ball out of the three Pro series hybrids, but even then it wasn't that high/soft shot that most are looking for in a hybrid. Misses were pretty penal compared to some others as well, with this one being the kindest to misses.

I go back and forth on the feel. It's muted. Is that a good or bad thing - I guess that's up to the individual, but when I really put down a good swing I love to hear/feel a sound that reflects that - like the X2Hot, Mashie, Super LS, etc.

Of the turf I think they lag behind a little bit compared to many others as well. With that all said, these are better player hybrids, and I'm me. Probably not the target market, even on the internet.

If I could pick a favorite, it would probably be the Mini, and I'd use it pretty much exclusively off the tee. Windy days or firm fairways would make that a decent option, but that's makes the club pretty one dimensional. It's not a club made people that miss either. Big difference in center contact and elsewhere.

The Dhy feels absolutely harsh on lower face or heel side misses. As in it made my hands hurt, which was unexpected. If I was going to keep that club it would have one job - punch shots. It sends some low rockets out there, but again - that's one dimensional for a hybrid. A stronger player could probably do more with it though.

In all, a bunch a quality clubs, but the Tour focus is pretty apparent.

Going to hit this tomorrow night. Pretty excited I love the look of it.

Going to hit this tomorrow night. Pretty excited I love the look of it.
Please post your results.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The 2,3,4 gap nicely with my stronger lofted "winter" clubs (I'm not a long hitter). Off the deck I see low to mid flight with my 2 (18*) but both the 3 and 4 are mid to mid high. All three are mid high off of the tee.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Please post your results.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The 2,3,4 gap nicely with my stronger lofted "winter" clubs (I'm not a long hitter). Off the deck I see low to mid flight with my 2 (18*) but both the 3 and 4 are mid to mid high. All three are mid high off of the tee.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Will do. I'm interested as primarily a Fairway finder of the tee with the option of using it on nice lies as well. Curious to see what shaft suits me best.

I just picked up a 21* after hitting one on the range. Love the flight and feel of the shaft. I have last years Super Dhy in an 18* with the white tie but I wasn't crazy about the "dead" feel of that shaft. This 21* will be replacing my trusty old Titleist 503h that has been in my bag for over 7 years. I'll report back after I have a few rounds in with it.

I just picked up a 21* after hitting one on the range. Love the flight and feel of the shaft. I have last years Super Dhy in an 18* with the white tie but I wasn't crazy about the "dead" feel of that shaft. This 21* will be replacing my trusty old Titleist 503h that has been in my bag for over 7 years. I'll report back after I have a few rounds in with it.
That was a very solid purchase. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
I didn't think the shaft change would have really made that big of a difference, until I demoed this year's model. I can't justify the expense but I have thought about swapping out my 3 current Dhy's for the new models.

That was a very solid purchase. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
I didn't think the shaft change would have really made that big of a difference, until I demoed this year's model. I can't justify the expense but I have thought about swapping out my 3 current Dhy's for the new models.

After 3 range sessions and rounds with the 21* Dhy Pro with Tour Green shaft I have finally found a replacement for my 7 year old Titleist 503h. I may even add the 24* and pull my 4 iron for the first time ever. This is long and straight and most importantly I can control the trajectory. I sometimes use a hybrid for a low stinger shot off the tee or for a 2nd shot on a par 5 and I have trouble controlling the trajectory of the numerous hybrids sitting in my garage. This one I can dial in a low, wind piercing trajectory and still get almost the same distance out of it into a 15 mph wind. This club is very accurate left or right as well, something I can't say about the Callaway X2 Hot and other hybrids I own. Funny how much better this club feels than last years Adams Dhy with the "White Tie" shaft. This head/shaft combo fits me perfectly.

Glad to hear that the DHy fits your game so well. I think you'll see equally good results as a 4i replacement.
The DHy seems to be overlooked by most. However, for those of us that prefer the long iron replacement style hybrid (503h, MP FliHi) I think the DHy is a really good option.

I just grabbed the 18° and 21° for $50 each. I'm really curious how this will compare to the UDI I'm hoping it will replace. As schizophrenic as my tee game is even only gaming a 3w, I need an option that can get me out to 230 or better. I have a better iron swing than a wood swing so this should suit me I think.

I just grabbed the 18° and 21° for $50 each. I'm really curious how this will compare to the UDI I'm hoping it will replace. As schizophrenic as my tee game is even only gaming a 3w, I need an option that can get me out to 230 or better. I have a better iron swing than a wood swing so this should suit me I think.
They are small but I hope they work great for you

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

These just arrived and I immediately took a few swings into my net. I love everything about them from the jump. I favor irons, and can play longer irons. The look of these is great to me. The head has just enough heft compared to the shaft, but not too much. I don't feel like I have to put much of a swing on it to get the ball to fire off the club face. The length of the shafts are just what I'd want in a longer club.

I am going to put these through the testing on my Skytrak very soon, and if my schedule allows I may even sneak out to the course before the weather turns and see what they can do there. But I have high hopes for them from both the tee and the deck.

First round on Skytrak LM done. Stock shot with these has been a fade or a push fade. Exactly the shot I want from these. The push fade is a me thing, happening up and down my bag as I go through a swing adjustment. But if you like hitting down on the ball iron-style this is the hybrid for you. I have come a full 180° from just 5 years ago, I was a picker and sweeper and now I prefer to hit down on the ball.

The distances were encouraging. Well struck shots with the 18° went in the 215-230 range including rollout. The 21° went 210-220 for the most part. But here is what I was surprised at, fat shots did not lose too much distance. I hit one 18° just god awful fat (I use a Monster Tee mat so it simulates fat shots pretty well) but it still went on line and total distance was 175. I was expecting like a 130 total from it. Saw that consistently with both clubs, shots not struck well were not losing much at all in terms of distance and accuracy.

I am giddy with the prospects of these. I expect to use them a lot off the tee and off the fairway and short rough.

Back