Android Phone Thread

Be very careful if upgrading to KitKat 4.4.4. It is very buggy, broke Exchange support for me, which is a big problem. After searching online it looks like this is a known issue.

So if flashing a ROM, check if it is AOSP 4.4.4 based and if it is I'd recommend searching for any known issues before flashing.

I found issues with it a a well even though it was supposed to be a bug fix release. 4.4.3 had a security issue also so I'm not sure what to stick with haha.

Sent from my DROID MAXX using Tapatalk

What's up guys? I'm coming from an iphone and currently have an upgrade trough Verizon. I am pretty confident I want to switch to an android as I've been with an iphone for years and want a change and the the new iphone I'm Sure will be the same thing with bigger screen.

My question for you guys is what phone out of these 3 do you recommend...... Samasung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, or Sony Xperia X2?

I would have to wait another month for the Sony to be released to verizon. But I don't really want to wait and as of now I really like the HTC One M8. Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up guys? I'm coming from an iphone and currently have an upgrade trough Verizon. I am pretty confident I want to switch to an android as I've been with an iphone for years and want a change and the the new iphone I'm Sure will be the same thing with bigger screen.

My question for you guys is what phone out of these 3 do you recommend...... Samasung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, or Sony Xperia X2?

I would have to wait another month for the Sony to be released to verizon. But I don't really want to wait and as of now I really like the HTC One M8. Opinions?

My vote goes S5 but I a little biased towards Samsung haha just like their phones but honestly I think they're all probably solid choices and you'd be happy with either one

Any of them are solid.
Not including the Note line, I think I like the LG G line the best, but thats not on your list.

S5 or M8 for me. I like the M8 better except for 2 things. If you want or need a removable battery you will need the s5. Also the camera is better on the s5 IMO. The M8 specs are crazy good, it looks better to me, love the speakers on the front. Also after fooling around with the M7 while Nerfny had one, I quite like HTC sense vs TouchWiz.

Any of them are solid.
Not including the Note line, I think I like the LG G line the best, but thats not on your list.

Way to make my decision harder JB. I'm already in major ponder mode and can't make up my mind.

S5 or M8 for me. I like the M8 better except for 2 things. If you want or need a removable battery you will need the s5. Also the camera is better on the s5 IMO. The M8 specs are crazy good, it looks better to me, love the speakers on the front. Also after fooling around with the M7 while Nerfny had one, I quite like HTC sense vs TouchWiz.

That's what has me right there. The camera is better on the S5. But be speakers are awesome on the M8, and when I play solo which tends to be a lot, I like to crank my country in the cart and that M8 would really come in handy.

I personally would get the S5 but that's me. I have the S4 and it really is a great device and I have had very few issues with it at all.

Another recommendation is go to Best Buy or wherever you pick up the real device and see how they feel in your hands and pocket. Try typing on them and other stuff that you will be doing with the phone.

Android is extremely customizable and can be tweaked to fit your needs no matter what they are. Good luck with the decision and let us know what you go with.

That's what has me right there. The camera is better on the S5. But be speakers are awesome on the M8, and when I play solo which tends to be a lot, I like to crank my country in the cart and that M8 would really come in handy.

Just got my S5 a couple weeks ago, and I love it. It takes great pictures and I'm use to the Android OS, so it was a great/easy upgrade from my OLD S3. As for speakers, it's ok, but even with it turned up...doesn't do music justice. I'd suggest getting a UE Boom ($199) and using that at the course. Those are awesome and have 360 music and can get MORE than loud enough to listen to. Plus, it fits in your water bottle holder on your bag (if walking) or in the cup holder in the cart.

Thanks guys. I knew it would not be a straight answer but I appreciate the help. Heading to verizon in a bit so I'll let you know what I decide. If I even make a decision!!

Thanks guys. I knew it would not be a straight answer but I appreciate the help. Heading to verizon in a bit so I'll let you know what I decide. If I even make a decision!!

I love my Sony Z, so i would vote for the Z2, but waiting a month sucks...

I'd go with the M8 if you cannot wait for the Sony to come out. Personally, Samsung's TouchWiz just doesn't do it for me, I like the HTC Sense skin much better.

I'd go with the M8 if you cannot wait for the Sony to come out. Personally, Samsung's TouchWiz just doesn't do it for me, I like the HTC Sense skin much better.

I don't have a problem with TouchWiz, but Nova launcher is so easy to use it really makes it a non issue either way.

There are just too many options. Everybody has their own opinion and I just can't decide. I don't think I want to wait for the sony. But the LG G3 also comes out on the 17th of July which looks amazing as well

There are just too many options. Everybody has their own opinion and I just can't decide. I don't think I want to wait for the sony. But the LG G3 also comes out on the 17th of July which looks amazing as well

I'd wait to see it. Did you get to mess with any tonight?

Ya I'm not sure if I like the samsung as much as the HTC. The lg is supposed to be as good but with a better camera

I don't have a problem with TouchWiz, but Nova launcher is so easy to use it really makes it a non issue either way.
True, but do you really want to throw an Android newbie into the realm of custom launchers right away?

I only buy Nexus devices so the concept of bloatware is foreign to me. iPhone users are the same way (no bloat).

True, but do you really want to throw an Android newbie into the realm of custom launchers right away?

I only buy Nexus devices so the concept of bloatware is foreign to me. iPhone users are the same way (no bloat).

Hey I'm not that much of a newbie ;) haha I dabble a bit with a galaxy tab for work.

Hey I'm not that much of a newbie ;) haha I dabble a bit with a galaxy tab for work.

Fair enough, but the Samsung phones take it to a new level. They are the reason Google has instituted new restrictions on how heavily OEMs can modify the base interface.

I don't think the Nova software is at all hard to use even for a newbie. I tried the Go launcher and it was quite a bit more overwhelming.

I've said it for year, but a non removable battery is a non starter for me. I won't consider any phone without a removable battery. It's just so convenient, and having a 1-2 year old phone with solid battery phone is such a foreign concept to someone coming from an iPhone.

Congrats, nice buy! I'd root it because I can't stand the TouchWiz skin Samsung uses.

Right now I'm trying to run down some headaches with the lock screen. As someone who has developed a habit of locking and unlocking the screen frequently, the S5 has an annoying habit of not letting me quickly get back to the lock screen.

Ya I'm not sure if I like the samsung as much as the HTC. The lg is supposed to be as good but with a better camera

if the camera is important, Sony is the way to go, by a mile

if the camera is important, Sony is the way to go, by a mile

Ya the sony camera looks great. It's not really a breaking point but it's definitely a plus to have a better camera.

Well I picked up the galaxy s5 last night. I couldn't really pass up the deal at best buy. 50 off brings it down to 150 and an instant $50 gift. So 100 bucks isn't bad.

But boy I have some learning to do. I was up to about 2 am playing with this thing and still feel lost.

Well I picked up the galaxy s5 last night. I couldn't really pass up the deal at best buy. 50 off brings it down to 150 and an instant $50 gift. So 100 bucks isn't bad.

But boy I have some learning to do. I was up to about 2 am playing with this thing and still feel lost.

welcome tot he bright side Sully

Back