Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular. ..When I heard Kuchar was gaming the stiff I wanted 0 part of it

Darn, I got fit into i95 stiff earlier today. I'm trying to find a set of pulls instead of buying all of the shafts new.

I'll have a full post on my fitting today after the Trackman data gets emailed to me, but yes, I like the SLDR irons and got fit for those over a number of other irons. I actually hit the Tour Preferred CB really well, but asked to try the SLDR to go for a little more forgiveness and the numbers were better with the SLDR over the TP CB irons. They weren't the longest irons that I hit, but they were the most consistent. Lie angles need to be bent a little flat for me, I was pulling some of the shots in the standard configuration.

I cant tell you how excited that makes me. I am really dying to hit these, and cant wait to get them in the bag.

I loved the TM CBs, so you liking the SLDRs over those has me even more jacked for these.

I cant tell you how excited that makes me. I am really dying to hit these, and cant wait to get them in the bag.

I loved the TM CBs, so you liking the SLDRs over those has me even more jacked for these.

I put a short post in the SLDR irons thread about it. Spoiler alert: I was more impressed by what those clubs did for my mishits than what they did when I hit the sweet spot.

I put a short post in the SLDR irons thread about it. Spoiler alert: I was more impressed by what those clubs did for my mishits than what they did when I hit the sweet spot.

Just read it, pretty excited to read how your fitting went dude.

I really have have no clue. Something to play from my 4 iron to 2 deep gap.... Hence the Two hybrids

Adams Pro hybrid 20*? I can bring one for you to try out during our practice round at Caledonia. You're welcome to keep for awhile (or maybe forever) if it works for you.

I don't know enough about them honestly Mike. Never hit an iron with a graphite shaft in it. Thanks for the offer dude

Adams Pro hybrid 20*? I can bring one for you to try out during our practice round at Caledonia. You're welcome to keep for awhile (or maybe forever) if it works for you.
I think you should take cookie up on this. I have come to love this club, especially off the tee. It took a bit of time to get comfortable with it, but it has become quite a good stick for me. Probably my favorite in my bag at the moment.

Sure I'll give it a go. Thank you Sir

Stock graphite.... Looking at making the switch myself, but I'm lost when it comes to where I should start, and what flexes are equivalent to where my steelshafts are currently.

They are probably a bit soft for you. But you're welcome to hit my SteelFibers anytime. We could meet up at Laurel Golf Park one night.

Stock graphite.... Looking at making the switch myself, but I'm lost when it comes to where I should start, and what flexes are equivalent to where my steelshafts are currently.

You'll have lots of options my friend. I'll bring my J40 CBs with Recoil 125 protos to the Cup. They are stiff flex, but they'll be able to handle the awesomeness of the SoleilSwing. You'll be shocked at how much they react like steel.

Can't believe I am saying this but a Versa #7 I have been draining putts at golfsmith for the last 45 minutes with it in disbelief usually mallets and I don't get along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe I am saying this but a Versa #7 I have been draining putts at golfsmith for the last 45 minutes with it in disbelief usually mallets and I don't get along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give the Jailbird a run. It's like the 7 but a bit more awesome.

thinking about pulling the trigger on a Odyssey Metal-X milled #9 HT Putter. anyone used one? any thoughts??? The bug is biting i haven't made any purchases i shouldn't make in a while so its about time.

thinking about pulling the trigger on a Odyssey Metal-X milled #9 HT Putter. anyone used one? any thoughts??? The bug is biting i haven't made any purchases i shouldn't make in a while so its about time.
Huge fan of the #9 and ht but the mxm just didn't do it for me. Not in love with the feel of it but that's not to say you won't love it. I'd go try to demo one

It's what I'm gaming right now. Great feel and sound with adjustability for weights, it's great. I'd suggest demoing one if possible!

It's what I'm gaming right now. Great feel and sound with adjustability for weights, it's great. I'd suggest demoing one if possible!

that's just the thing i can not find anywhere within 2 hours of me that has one i can demo. as it is id be ordering it online because that's the only place i can find if. I an currently waiting on the #9 Damascus to ship to me i won that for $73 but just love the look of the milled with the high vis color set up. any clue if the two will have similar feel?

that's just the thing i can not find anywhere within 2 hours of me that has one i can demo. as it is id be ordering it online because that's the only place i can find if. I an currently waiting on the #9 Damascus to ship to me i won that for $73 but just love the look of the milled with the high vis color set up. any clue if the two will have similar feel?

I'm not qualified to give insight on that, but jlukes, lmh3, and others maybe able to help.

Is is the white Damascus (silver) from Japan or is it the US version (black) with just the white Damascus insert?

Is is the white Damascus (silver) from Japan or is it the US version (black) with just the white Damascus insert?

JDM silver

JDM silver

Just went and hit a few putts with each to jog my memory.

Both feel and sound very similar when struck in the center of the putter. The mxm is bit clicky near the heal and toe while the White Damascus in more consistent across the putter face

Just went and hit a few putts with each to jog my memory.

Both feel and sound very similar when struck in the center of the putter. The mxm is bit clicky near the heal and toe while the White Damascus in more consistent across the putter face

Ok thank you. That just solidified it for me. Now to think, realize i don't need another putter and hit the "place order" button anyways.

Ok thank you. That just solidified it for me. Now to think, realize i don't need another putter and hit the "place order" button anyways.

Haha you're talking to a guy with any Odyssey staff bag filled with putters I have just for the sake of having!

Knew he wouldn't steer ya wrong!

Haha you're talking to a guy with any Odyssey staff bag filled with putters I have just for the sake of having!

Very nice,(and I'm quite jealous) the Damascus and the x-milled are only my 2nd and 3rd odyssey putters i have ordered. But i am starting to love my first one already. (Dart belly i cut down to 34.5" with an Iomic grip)

Thank you for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back