SeeMore Putters Thread

To those who have made converted putters over to CB how did you go about finding the weight you wanted in the butt end? Looks like I'm going to be starting with a 370g Si2 head and will be using a 100g grip. I do plan on cutting some of the grip down, because I don't like look of the long CB style grips. Total length of the grip at 100g is 17" and I'm going to cut 3" off of it. I would guess this will remove about 20g. Total length of the putter will 36.5 inches when measured from the center of the face at the floor and I will be gripping it at a length of 34 inches to bring the length above the hands to 2.5 inches. Does anyone have an idea of how much weight to add at the butt end just as a starting point? I was thinking about 120g-140g total at the butt end, but i'm unsure if this to much, too little or just right?

well this came out perfect...

bDgtKW_DBBOtDsNnuOWtDXmVT7-QVdceeF81WQsMd14=w1158-h652-no

Very awesome

To those who have made converted putters over to CB how did you go about finding the weight you wanted in the butt end? Looks like I'm going to be starting with a 370g Si2 head and will be using a 100g grip. I do plan on cutting some of the grip down, because I don't like look of the long CB style grips. Total length of the grip at 100g is 17" and I'm going to cut 3" off of it. I would guess this will remove about 20g. Total length of the putter will 36.5 inches when measured from the center of the face at the floor and I will be gripping it at a length of 34 inches to bring the length above the hands to 2.5 inches. Does anyone have an idea of how much weight to add at the butt end just as a starting point? I was thinking about 120g-140g total at the butt end, but i'm unsure if this to much, too little or just right?
Looks like I will be doing something similar.
Winn has a 15" CB grip with a weight of 128 grams. That seems to be my future route. I hope that I can find it in a color other than red.
I think Dawg Daddy introduced that grip to me (I will give credit where it is due)!

So, for cutting down a long putter, converting it to counterbalance, is there some sort of ballpark figure to look for as far as a ratio of head-to-butt weighting? What do you all think is a good starting point for grip weighting? I have one that is 105g and one of those really long SeeMore grips weighing in at 150g. The thing with the latter is, it's like 2/3 the length of the shaft! Not sure how that would look.

So, for cutting down a long putter, converting it to counterbalance, is there some sort of ballpark figure to look for as far as a ratio of head-to-butt weighting? What do you all think is a good starting point for grip weighting? I have one that is 105g and one of those really long SeeMore grips weighing in at 150g. The thing with the latter is, it's like 2/3 the length of the shaft! Not sure how that would look.
Ha..ive done this with my previous "franken OneCs". It looked very....interesting but worked well. Personally these days I use a pure grip big dog grip. About the size of a s.s. 2.0 but has the weight of a longer grip. Does great for counter balancing

Those pictures were taken at SeeMore HQ in Franklin TN.
Oh ok. I was just wondering what to do once the paint down at the bottom of the shaft gets a little dinged up from bag chatter.

Oh ok. I was just wondering what to do once the paint down at the bottom of the shaft gets a little dinged up from bag chatter.

Someone can correct me but I do not believe that is paint. Shouldnt get dinged up but I could be way off.

I got the PCB from the order first, and it's really nice, and heavy!
350g head on that one. I went to Lowes last night looking for some sort of counterweight so I could use a SS grip, but not too much luck unless I really wanna rig something up. I'm trying to go low-ball on this so didn't/don't want to spend a ton just to use a SS. I'll look into that other grip option.

Someone can correct me but I do not believe that is paint. Shouldnt get dinged up but I could be way off.
I could be wrong too just seemed like paint. Got my SeeMore in from the Golf Smith sale last night and had one little nick down there.

I could be wrong too just seemed like paint. Got my SeeMore in from the Golf Smith sale last night and had one little nick down there.

There was a pretty large group of THPers that visited SeeMore HQ last month. I am sure one of them will chime in here.

I played a round last night with my new SeeMore PTM1 putter I got down at the SeeMore Event, and man I miss using a SeeMore. No hate to my #THPMC Sponsor but the SeeMore putter is just amazing and I just love the assurance of the red dot to help me get back on track again and make some key putts.

I am finally getting the hang of my PTM1. I have used it for about 7-8 rounds and have improved each outing. I initially had a really tough time getting the speed of putts correct, but the last couple rounds have been great. Worst second putt I had was on Sunday on the 18th hole. I ended up about 8 feet away, only because the first putt was about 90 feet. Only three putt of the day. I love this putter.

There was a pretty large group of THPers that visited SeeMore HQ last month. I am sure one of them will chime in here.

I think it's some sort of acrylic material or something. I bought a used M2 that had whatever it is removed, and there is no sign that anything was removed at all.

I think it's some sort of acrylic material or something. I bought a used M2 that had whatever it is removed, and there is no sign that anything was removed at all.

I'm not trying to speak for SeeMore, but it definitely has the appearance of some thin material that is heat melted onto the shaft (just my guess). It gets nicked and if you don't take care of your putter, it will look like a mess after a short period of time.

I'm not trying to speak for SeeMore, but it definitely has the appearance of some thin material that is heat melted onto the shaft (just my guess). It gets nicked and if you don't take care of your putter, it will look like a mess after a short period of time.

Do you know of a way to take it off? I will leave it on for now but if it ends up looking rough I will just remove it if I can.

Do you know of a way to take it off? I will leave it on for now but if it ends up looking rough I will just remove it if I can.

Like I said, I'm just making assumptions. If you want to know first hand how to manage it, I'd definitely either call or email SeeMore.

They'll respond quickly and make sure you're taken care of... And it awesome!

Whatevwr the material on the shaft is, you can eaily take it off with paint remover. I used the gel style and it csme off in one try.

I got the PCB from the order first, and it's really nice, and heavy!
350g head on that one. I went to Lowes last night looking for some sort of counterweight so I could use a SS grip, but not too much luck unless I really wanna rig something up. I'm trying to go low-ball on this so didn't/don't want to spend a ton just to use a SS. I'll look into that other grip option.
Toad. Clevis pins are your friend in this department. I have the part number at the house. I believe its 1/2 inch by whatever length. Then you just wrap some tape and lightly tap it into the shaft. Then you can gauge weight and cut some off if need be

Toad. Clevis pins are your friend in this department. I have the part number at the house. I believe its 1/2 inch by whatever length. Then you just wrap some tape and lightly tap it into the shaft. Then you can gauge weight and cut some off if need be

Clevis pins are what I use. A 3 inch length 1/2 inch diameter pin is a little over 80grams, and fits well in most shafts. I'm going to attempt this again with a cut down project I just bought. Hopefully it fits and there are no step-down problems.... The best part about clevis pins is that they are under 3 bucks at your local department store.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk

Seemore uses a powder coat process to put the paint on the shaft. They get it done locally. Dont know the exact process, but it requires baking the shaft at high temps to get the paint to stay on. It is actually a very durable finish. Almost like automotive paint.

Seemore uses a powder coat process to put the paint on the shaft. They get it done locally. Dont know the exact process, but it requires baking the shaft at high temps to get the paint to stay on. It is actually a very durable finish. Almost like automotive paint.

I'd be curious as to whether it's the same process on the FGP as some of their tour models. I feel like the FGP has a matte finish vs the m series and above, which have a bit of a glossy finish.

I'd be curious as to whether it's the same process on the FGP as some of their tour models. I feel like the FGP has a matte finish vs the m series and above, which have a bit of a glossy finish.

Powder Coat/Plating vs PVD

Back