The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

That max Bosh contract assumes a sign and trade as well (since that is the only way Houston keeps his Bird rights and can give him that much $).
That will be good news to Houston as they would only have to get rid of Asik (to NOP) and Lin (for a ham sandwich) and maybe some picks (likely the NOP pick from the Asik trade). Houston will still have their MLE to try and add to the bench and will be able to sign Parsons to what his market value is.

Okay, say Bosh leaves... who do the Heat bring in to fill his void?

Haven't looked into that enough to give you an honest answer. An intriguing thought is go after Love but that is extremely unlikely. After that you just have to find a 7 footer who hates playing inside....LOL

Looks like the Heat are offering McRoberts the full MLE as well (4 yrs/$23 mil).

Max money for Bosh. No thanks. That is a terrible contract in my opinion. He's a good player, but I would not tie up that much money with him.

Max money for Bosh. No thanks. That is a terrible contract in my opinion. He's a good player, but I would not tie up that much money with him.

C'mon! He averaged 16 points and 6 rebounds last year. That easily makes him worth $20M a year! Not many others in the league can do that.....

(please note the sarcasm here)

Honestly, this is best case for LeBron, Bosh and the Heat. Bosh is a nobody that wants to be a somebody and LeBron will ALWAYS be the "guy" on any team. It would clear space for the Heat to bring in some real talent that will actually help and LeBron gets his max money.

Wade will slowly disappear over the next year or two so the Heat need to be smart and not give him any serious money. I would load his contract with performance based incentives and not guarantee much at all.
See ya later Bosh! Heat don't need a 7 ft PF shooting 3s. Use that money to bring guys who will actually grab rebounds.

See ya later Bosh! Heat don't need a 7 ft PF shooting 3s. Use that money to bring guys who will actually grab rebounds.

Or Josh McRoberts. It seems like people think that the Heat offering McRoberts the full MLE means they may have more of a commitment from the big 3 since that gets rid of a lot of their flexibility (assuming he is getting the actual MLE and not just the value of it, if that makes sense). I'm sure there is still a long way to go before the dominoes fall, though.

I'm not sure how much cap room they'd have if Bosh left. I don't think they would have his full value to sign a player on the open market (i.e. Melo), but I could be wrong.

Or Josh McRoberts. It seems like people think that the Heat offering McRoberts the full MLE means they may have more of a commitment from the big 3 since that gets rid of a lot of their flexibility (assuming he is getting the actual MLE and not just the value of it, if that makes sense). I'm sure there is still a long way to go before the dominoes fall, though.

I'm not sure how much cap room they'd have if Bosh left. I don't think they would have his full value to sign a player on the open market (i.e. Melo), but I could be wrong.
Done. Gasol next?

Verbal commitment from McRoberts to the Heat.

Heat have also signed Danny Granger. 2 years 4.3MM.

Channing Frye to Orlando for 4yrs/$32 million?!?! Good for him, I guess. He got paid.

feGTnOz.gif

Bosh is silly to turn down 22 million a year!!!!! Is it just that fun to play with LBJ?

Bosh is silly to turn down 22 million a year!!!!! Is it just that fun to play with LBJ?

I think Bosh really is about winning championships (which is what matters). He has a better chance at a ring in Miami in the East with LeBron than he would in Houston and have to go through 3 tough rounds in the West. If Melo leaves the east and with the Pacers shopping around Hibbert, the east will still only have 4-5 decent teams next year. Miami will have a breeze in the first 2 rounds, most likely.

no kidding, especially since MIA wants to give him about half of that

Channing Frye to Orlando for 4yrs/$32 million?!?! Good for him, I guess. He got paid.

feGTnOz.gif

It seems like one of those examples of a team having money to spend, realizing a lot of the top shelf FA's are looking elsewhere, then saying to themselves, F- it. he was good 25 years ago, maybe he'll rejuvenate with us.

It seems like one of those examples of a team having money to spend, realizing a lot of the top shelf FA's are looking elsewhere, then saying to themselves, F- it. he was good 25 years ago, maybe he'll rejuvenate with us.

I could see that. He is still serviceable, but I'm surprised they didn't wait a bit longer to see how the market plays out. Lots of players are making top dollar this offseason, so I guess this was no exception. Surprised they didn't make a run at Parsons although I don't think he is leaving Houston unless they can somehow swing Kevin Love.

I saw this on the twitter machine. Very interesting development.

I don't see how playing with Lebron is worth turning down about half that money.

Gordon Hayward signing max offer sheet with the Hornets...4 years $63M

Time to see if Jazz match it as they said they would with any he received.

Wow! That is nuts. Does not bode well for the Rockets on Parsons' deal. Can't believe he is going to get the max, but I guess sometimes those are gambles you have to take (like Eric Gordon and the Pelicans) to get a player away from their current team.

Jordan always has to screw over the Jazz, even when he's in the front office and not on the court.

Also, "supposedly" Riley and Lebon are meeting in Vegas today, perhaps we know his fate tomorrow?

Also, supposedly bettors are loading up on Cleveland to win it all at 40-1 and 60-1 odds next year, so much so its dropped the odds down to 10-1...thats funny

Really? You think this soon?

would go hand in hand with the first day of signing f/a, and at least let whichever team doesnt get him more time and a better chance of signing other guys (not that he probably really cares).

Maybe not the official announcement, but maybe we see something unofficial.

Or maybe Im just quasi excited for the NBA for the first time in 4 years and trying to deflect attention away from the Browns mess

I agree with MD. I think we will see a decision regarding LeBron sooner rather than later. The whole FA market is basically frozen right now since so many teams are hinging their plans on the Heat. Once LeBron decides, the rest of the dominoes should start falling into place.

LeBron has a camp starting today in Vegas, so perhaps after the camp? Not really sure.

Back