The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

A woman my wife works with had a baby a few weeks ago. She asked everyone in the office to donate sick time to her so she can stay home with the baby longer. Who does that? My wife is offended that she would even ask. I am just annoyed. People these days man. Geeze.
That's just crazy Ricky...I would never think to even wonder about such a thing

On similar but much different note. One of my employees had terminal stomach cancer a few years ago. He no disability insurance and very little leave. When he went out one of the employees took it upon herself to ask people if they had any time, vacation or sick to donate to him.

Many employees who had very little time donated a day or two each. Very generous of them.

One lady who had been with the company 14 years had 6 weeks vacation and over 150 hours of sick time. Didn't donate as much an an hour!!

I know it was strictly voluntary, but the lack of caring of some people amazes me. So often it's those who have so little that give so much.

Last edited:
That's just crazy Ricky...I would never think to even wonder about such a thing

On similar but much different note. One of my employees had terminal stomach cancer a few years ago. He no disability insurance and very little leave. When he went out one of the employees took it upon herself to ask people if they had any time vacation or sick to donate to him.

Many employees who had very little time donated a day or two each. Very generous off them.

One lady who had been with the company For 14 years had 6 weeks vacation and over 150 hours of sick time. Didn't donate as much an an hour!!

I know it was strictly voluntary, but the lack of caring of some people amazes me. So often it's those who have so little that give so much.

And thats the thing. If it was a legit reason then that would be one thing. Knowing full well how much time my wife has taken off because of our kid being sick and asking just so you can stay home longer takes some serious balls.

Good luck with your knees you guys! Take care of yourselves.
A woman my wife works with had a baby a few weeks ago. She asked everyone in the office to donate sick time to her so she can stay home with the baby longer. Who does that? My wife is offended that she would even ask. I am just annoyed. People these days man. Geeze.
That's pretty eff'd up man. You get 12 weeks by law if you've been there a year. How long does she want? I agree longer would be much better for mom and baby, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that here. If she wants longer, gotta be a stay at home mom for a little bit.

We have a leave donation program here, but it's really only for medical emergencies...or when I need another day to attend a THP event.

Requesting leave from others to stay home longer with a baby is pretty selfish IMO.

Good luck with your knees you guys! Take care of yourselves.

That's pretty eff'd up man. You get 12 weeks by law if you've been there a year. How long does she want? I agree longer would be much better for mom and baby, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that here. If she wants longer, gotta be a stay at home mom for a little bit.

Its a tough spot because all of the women my wife works with are self centered just mean horrible people. I feel bad for her because the job pays well and is very stable and is a state job. I would love to tell her to leave but state health benefits are really good and inexpensive.

We have a leave donation program here, but it's really only for emergencies...or when I need another day to attend a THP event.

This made me laugh out loud !!

Its a tough spot because all of the women my wife works with are self centered just mean horrible people. I feel bad for her because the job pays well and is very stable and is a state job. I would love to tell her to leave but state health benefits are really good and inexpensive.

We have some awesome women here Nerfy and GG, Kelly Bo among others I may have missed.

But I so often here from my sisters and my fiancé that there are some very mean vindictive women in the work place.

I know there are no shortage of SOB men as well. But so often when I hear of petty or mean spirited actions it seems to be by a woman.

I'd be curious to hear Jens or Morgans thoughts.

Last edited:
We have some awesome women here Nerfy and GG, Kelly Bo among others I may have missed.

But I so often here from my sisters and my fiancé that there are some very mean vindictive women in the work place.

I know there are no shortage of SOB men as well. But so often when I hear of petty or mean spirited actions it seems to be by a woman.

I'd be curious to hear Jens or Morgans thoughts.

There are plenty of petty and mean spirited men as well...folks like that just don't last in this community long.

Then she takes her 12 weeks and goes back to work. Sure it's tough, but many people do it. My wife wanted to be out longer too, but just doesn't work that way.

Then she takes her 12 weeks and goes back to work. Sure it's tough, but many people do it. My wife wanted to be out longer too, but just doesn't work that way.

depends of the coutry I guess, we pay a lot more taxes but moms get about 9 months off and dads get 5 weeks here

Sucks, Ricky. Write those fools off.

depends of the coutry I guess, we pay a lot more taxes but moms get about 9 months off and dads get 5 weeks here

I was about to add that as well, it's pretty insane how much time Canadian families get off after a newborn, but I love the idea.

Yeah I largely dislike the 12 week thing here. Honestly think it should be a year, but it is what it is. Everyone's gotta abide by it.

The US, Liberia, Suriname and Papa New Guinea are the only countries that don't offer paid maternity leave.

Let that sink in.

The US, Liberia, Suriname and Papa New Guinea are the only countries that don't offer paid maternity leave.

Let that sink in.

And yet its one place people are literally sneaking into every day. Perhaps others are not always correct despite what small snippets appear to say on the outside looking in.

There are plenty of petty and mean spirited men as well...folks like that just don't last in this community long.

No doubt. We need JB and GG to moderate the workplace as well.

I could picture JB now as he comes up to the water cooler and hears non work talk going on saying "let's keep this on the TPS reports please" :)

And yet its one place people are literally sneaking into every day. Perhaps others are not always correct despite what small snippets appear to say on the outside looking in.

Post of the day right here.

Let that sink in.

its all about politics (might be worthy of another rant or a debate thread), but from what I hear about american politics up here (might be wrong) I doubt the people would be in favor of a new tax for parental leave, and have even more doubts that a government would fight for that, especially after what hapenned with the obamacare. this is not my political opinion, just how I think people would welcome the Idea)

again, we have that and "free" healthcare, but we do pay an awfull lot of taxes to pay for it

You know that people aren't coming to the country thinking about maternity leave. Don't try to use that as an argument.

Maternity and paternity leave in this country is terrible compared to the rest of the world, but that's more of a debate room topic.

No doubt. But I also chuckle at the hypocrisy of a country that goes to great lengths to protect the rights if the unborn, but then washes their hands of providing support for those children once born.

Rant of my day is weekday afternoons at my golf course. Every time I've got an evening to myself and want to get out to play a few holes, the course is either booked with a league or an outing. I dont know if my timing just sucks or if the course is booking every day they can. Cant fault them for making money, but I want to play!

You know that people aren't coming to the country thinking about maternity leave. Don't try to use that as an argument.

Maternity and paternity leave in this country is terrible compared to the rest of the world, but that's more of a debate room topic.

Where did I say anything of the sort?
I said people were sneaking in here. No country is perfect and taking snippets of this and that from the outside looking in and all the while watching people sacrifice their life to get to this "awful" place says more to me than maternity coverage.

No doubt. But I also chuckle at the hypocrisy of a country that goes to great lengths to protect the rights if the unborn, but then washes their hands of providing support for those children once born.

I wont get into this in this type of thread, but to think that what the govt is spending is "washing their hands once born" is just not accurate. In fact not even close.

Where did I say anything of the sort?
I said people were sneaking in here. No country is perfect and taking snippets of this and that from the outside looking in and all the while watching people sacrifice their life to get to this "awful" place says more to me than maternity coverage.

I dont think anyone said this place was "awful", but like any other country, we all think it could be better in some ways, but then again, politics being what they are, what some think is better, some think its worse, its all about the votes.

just looked it up. Where I work, 6 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave. That's almost an incentive.

just looked it up. Where I work, 6 weeks maternity/paternity paid leave. That's almost an incentive.

Ours is 2 weeks for each year of service up to 3 months maximum I believe. Not bad at all......but not good enough reason to make another kiddo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back