Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice,(and I'm quite jealous) the Damascus and the x-milled are only my 2nd and 3rd odyssey putters i have ordered. But i am starting to love my first one already. (Dart belly i cut down to 34.5" with an Iomic grip)

Thank you for the advice!

No problem! Right now I have

Protype IX #9HT (gamer)
Metal X Milled #9HT
White Damascus #9
Versa WBW #9
Tour Design Black #9

Give the Jailbird a run. It's like the 7 but a bit more awesome.
GG uses the Jailbird and the more I mess with it the more I love the thing.

GG uses the Jailbird and the more I mess with it the more I love the thing.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but didn't you really enjoy your time with it when we were at ECPC before it was released?

What do you like better about the jailbird? Besides the headcover which is just sick

I need to find a jailbird to add to my collection. After a little time in Cali with it on a putting green I couldn't miss. Just with the weighting and the looks it just really fit my eye.

I believe I heard the words "it feels like I'm cheating" muttered

I believe I heard the words "it feels like I'm cheating" muttered

That is how I felt with the #7 this afternoon. I setup 5 20-25 footers from different and told myself if I make 3 I am buying this putter. I sunk all 5. I would have grabbed if I was not out of town for work this week with no way of getting it home.

That said I am still a bit concerned mainly because it is so far away from what I normally use. I have a few more days here so will mess a bit more with the 7 and jailbird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am mistaken, but didn't you really enjoy your time with it when we were at ECPC before it was released?
I did. And a few weeks prior when GG and I were out there and we got a 1st look at it, I rolled like 5 putts and knew I loved it.

I wish i could find one of those Jailbird headcovers.

Very nice,(and I'm quite jealous) the Damascus and the x-milled are only my 2nd and 3rd odyssey putters i have ordered. But i am starting to love my first one already. (Dart belly i cut down to 34.5" with an Iomic grip)

Thank you for the advice!

Solid pick ups there, I like both of the two that you mentioned, I was gaming the White Damascus last year and have had both the MXM and MXM Versa putters in the bag for stretches this season.

New Cleveland 588 hybrid for less than $100? Very ​tempted.

Don't tell me things like this.

I think post MC I might need the 20.5 back in my life. But, I also think the Bio there will kick ass, so, maybe not. Hahaha

I seen that to today. Those are some great Hybrids to get if your in the market for some.

Yeah I meant to post the email I got stating drivers woods and hybos are on sale

Don't tell me things like this.

I think post MC I might need the 20.5 back in my life. But, I also think the Bio there will kick ass, so, maybe not. Hahaha
It is frustratingly hard to be a club ho during the current wave of equipment out there. And, I expect it only to get harder on us tinkerers. I feel like I want every new club out.

And I still have a Bobby Jones hybrid in my cart on their website.

I have yet to hit that 588 hybo

It is frustratingly hard to be a club ho during the current wave of equipment out there. And, I expect it only to get harder on us tinkerers. I feel like I want every new club out.

It has to be even worse for you right now. I know every time I cant play for a bit I end up with a pile of equipment due to everything I read online/what I think looks awesome

I loved the Classic from last year (not sure your thoughts on that one), but the 588 blew it out of the water for me when I finally got some swings in with it.

It has to be even worse for you right now. I know every time I cant play for a bit I end up with a pile of equipment due to everything I read online/what I think looks awesome
Actually, it's been the opposite for me. I mean I've pondered everything with my down time, but ultimately I talk myself out of hitting the checkout button because I know I won't be able to swing anything (*soon--hopefully*).

I loved the Classic from last year (not sure your thoughts on that one), but the 588 blew it out of the water for me when I finally got some swings in with it.

Actually, it's been the opposite for me. I mean I've pondered everything with my down time, but ultimately I talk myself out of hitting the checkout button because I know I won't be able to swing anything (*soon--hopefully*).

Loved that hybrid, used it a ton during the MC. Thing was the longest hybrid I had ever hit.

Truth. SO MUCH good stuff out right now its crazy.

I need to hit the Bobby Jones stuff desperately post MC. I mean DESPERATELY.

MikeDean's fault.

You'd like it dude, I truly think you would.

No more pondering for me, just pulled the trigger on some Adams CB3's to experiment with some forgiving irons. Stoked!! They should blend very well with my CMB's if I elect to create a combo set, too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

No more pondering for me, just pulled the trigger on some Adams CB3's to experiment with some forgiving irons. Stoked!! They should blend very well with my CMB's if I elect to create a combo set, too.

I love the look of the CB3's. CMB's are an absolute thing of beauty though. They are one of the most appealing sets of irons I have ever seen. A combo set might be amazing. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I love the look of the CB3's. CMB's are an absolute thing of beauty though. They are one of the most appealing sets of irons I have ever seen. A combo set might be amazing. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Agree 100%. The CMB's are flat out drop dead gorgeous, and feel absolutely outstanding, but in the longer irons there just isn't enough forgiveness for my off days. The CB3's should give me that...the trouble will be figuring out the break point for a combo set haha

All it takes is one half decent range session, and now I'm pondering all things G30. Turbulators? Turbulaotrs!

And I still have the back burner ponder going for Big Bertha driver, Altitude irons, and Karsten TR puttter.

I guess better make sure I can actually golf before this pondering goes any further...

Thinking about changing my 3 wood. Since my swing changes I can't hit this off the tee like I used too.

Not got anything in mind yet, going to go and try a bunch of stuff very soon I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back