#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

with all the discussion for the upcoming DOS....the recaps throughout this thread are full of awesomeness.

That video JB made that is in the first contest thread, yeah, that gets watched at least once a week. Such an amazing experience, truly life changing. One year ago tomorrow was my selection day and it was probably the craziest, most surprising day of my life and I can't wait for 7 others to feel that same feeling. Still, couldn't ask for a better group of people to share this experience with and bonds have been made that will hold for a long time.

with all the discussion for the upcoming DOS....the recaps throughout this thread are full of awesomeness.
So much awesoness in the original!!! You guys rocked it!

For ease of viewing, has any of the participants shared their photobucket folder link that contains all the images taken per them?

For ease of viewing, has any of the participants shared their photobucket folder link that contains all the images taken per them?

I posted my pictures in a link somewhere on here. I will try to find it.

Not me. Mine are all in the recap thread though. Within the first 30 pages or so

As are mine.

Just looked at Joes again and it brought back a ton of memories.

As are mine.

Just looked at Joes again and it brought back a ton of memories.

True story:

I have the links to Joe's Google pages constantly open on my phone so I can go back instantly and look at these photos.

He did a great job documenting everything.

I just went through all of Joe's photos again. Just an amazing place with the best of company.

Makes me giddy inside for the journey about to be embarked on.

I just went through all of Joe's photos again. Just an amazing place with the best of company.

You should be man. You are in for a helluva ride. Hoping to join you

You are one lucky man and soon 7 other #basementdwellers will find out that they are just as lucky.

Of course when all is said and done we are all the lucky ones as while 8 have the first hand experience the rest of us get to share the experience with you through various forms of media.

here you go

Having to get all the way to picture 178 to see the best of them all was well worth the trip down memory lane #11to5

All kidding aside, great to see the recap again and the Zoo Crew is looking forward to this event again this year. Is it December yet?

Having to get all the way to picture 178 to see the best of them all was well worth the trip down memory lane #11to5

All kidding aside, great to see the recap again and the Zoo Crew is looking forward to seeing the woodshed this year. Is it December yet?

FIFY old pal :D

I've been in this thread for about 5 hours from this morning until now and I'm only half way thru it. I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time while I sit at my desk. I know my experience won't be exactly the same at the DreamTeam, but even if it's only HALF of what you guys had (I know it won't be half) I'll cherish it for LIFE. OK, back to page 51, I think. (Goosebumps)

I've been in this thread for about 5 hours from this morning until now and I'm only half way thru it. I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time while I sit at my desk. I know my experience won't be exactly the same at the DreamTeam, but even if it's only HALF of what you guys had (I know it won't be half) I'll cherish it for LIFE. OK, back to page 51, I think. (Goosebumps)

At anytime you have questions don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be glad to help whatever way we can.

I went through these a couple of days ago, I was showing my dad... While we are looking at the photos, he turns to me and goes... "If for some reason you can't go, you know...2/3 of our name is identical..that's probably good enough, I can go."

Jlukes, you did a great job taking pics.

All kidding aside, great to see the recap again and the Zoo Crew is looking forward to this event again this year. Is it December yet?
Any predictions for this year Mr. Finley?

You should come to KC and play a round with me. We can talk all about it.. Give you a perspective of my thoughts from the event.

You should come to KC and play a round with me. We can talk all about it.. Give you a perspective of my thoughts from the event.

I'd LOVE to TH! However, as of right now, November might be soonest I can get back up to that area, unless you'd be willing to meet me half way in Manhattan/Junction City area. I might be able to swing that on a Sunday, if you'd be interested in that?

I'd LOVE to TH! However, as of right now, November might be soonest I can get back up to that area, unless you'd be willing to meet me half way in Manhattan/Junction City area. I might be able to swing that on a Sunday, if you'd be interested in that?

We can talk about it. It is a possibility, would have to look at the schedule though.

We can talk about it. It is a possibility, would have to look at the schedule though.
Check your schedule and throw me a few Sunday's that work for you and we can figure something out. I still have minor connections at Manhattan County Club and especially at Colbert Hills. Outside of that, we could play at the course I use to work at (10 years ago) in Junction City. It's usually is decent shape, at least it use to be. Still affordable, that I know for sure.

There's nothing like being on a THP team! Being in the Morgan Cup last year just makes me want that feeling again so much more. Here's to hoping I'm fortunate enough to be selected and I can call you "teammate." :)

Check your schedule and throw me a few Sunday's that work for you and we can figure something out. I still have minor connections at Manhattan County Club and especially at Colbert Hills. Outside of that, we could play at the course I use to work at (10 years ago) in Junction City. It's usually is decent shape, at least it use to be. Still affordable, that I know for sure.

I really want to play Colbert hills

I really want to play Colbert hills
I know the Head Pro there pretty well, that shouldn't be a problem. As long as there isn't an event going on, of course.

Back