Contest - Callaway Commemorative Open Championship Coins

Entry:
I enjoy watching the British Open becuase it challanges the top golfers of the world and you can see that they are human and not always have great shots. Very fun to watch, and even funner to watch when it gets windy and rainy and players have to rethink and adjust there shots.

I love to watch when the big boys are playing a tough course, when the weather beats them up and really tests them! It makes me feel a little better about my game and the struggles I deal with. Also, it is probably as close as I will get to see a course where golf began.

I am lucky enough to have one of these amazing coins already, but I wanted to thank THP and Callaway for making sure some lucky THPer's get one as well.

I enjoy the open championship because I can watch live coverage before work in the morning.

Entry:

I love watching the Open Championship because it is such a visual difference from all the domestic tournaments. The links style layouts with hard, fast, brownish fairways, tall grasses, pot bunkers, and sloping greens are a visual that I don't get to see often. I love seeing the respectful, knowledgeable crowds (rarely have "Mashed Potato" guy across the pond), and all the history involved with the Open.

I love The Open because it is played here in the UK and it is great to see the pros playing a different style of golf to the majority of the year

I enjoy the Open because of the unpredictable weather.

**entry**

I love the open championship, the course is tuff and it's a whole different style of golf
would love to learn how to play links golf

thank you THP and Callaway for the chance

I enjoy the open because it has such a different feel to it. We get to see a completely different style of golf from the pro's.

I always look forward to the Open because I love Links golf. Hard to single anyone out as a clear possible winner year in, year out. I'd love to see Phil go back to back.

Gotta love watching the top players in the world compete on a links course where they all have to change how they hit every shot.
One day I will see the Open Championship in person! Trying to make the grand slam of seeing all the major's in person (so far only have been to the PGA Championship last year).

I love The Open because of the great historic links courses.

I love the Open because of the history, and I love the pot hole bunkers!

Love the Open, as its usually a completely different beast than a regular tournament. The best part for me? When a feature completely stymies players (ie. Pot Bunkers!)

The Open is as close as we come to a Canadian Open as a major. Also, to me that's the way the game is supposed to be played.

I love the Open Championship because it showcases a completely different kind of game than the one that most of us play, yet was the style for the bulk of golf's history.

I love watching the Open Championship because of the different conditions and I like being able to wake up and watch the tournament and then golf during my daughters nap time.

I love watching the Open because of not only the style of golf course, but how the elements of the weather can drastically effect a round. A Par 4 can play like a Par 3, a Par 3 like a Par 4. Players are forced to be creative in their shot making and for me - that is golf at its finest.

The open championship is an amazing week. Just seems like it is golf in the raw form it was meant to be played in.

entry #1:

i like the open because no one knows what kinda weather they're going to play in. adds drama and luck to it. the morning guys have wind coming left and the afternoon groups have to play in rain. everyone has to deal with something different.

I love watching The Open because it is simply golf at its best. The history of the tournament and the history of the courses used is unmatched by any in the world.

I enjoy the Open Championship because it's golf the way it was originally meant to be played.

I will and have enjoyed the Open Championship because the lone Finn, Mikko Ilonen has been more or less successful in his appearances. I can see him finish in the top 10 this year!

Entry:

For me it is the truest test of Man vs Earth. It is gol,f how it was originally intended to be played. It is the peace and calm like heaven on the outward 9 while Hell breaks loose with Hurricane like conditions coming home. It rewards creativity and doesnt care what your past record is as one bounce changes everything

Back