The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

I hope he spurns Cleveland. I dont think it happens, but I kind of hope he does. Watching the backpedaling has been amusing, and I completely understand wanting a winner, but in a twisted kind of way, I hope he says no thank you.

I hope he spurns Cleveland. I dont think it happens, but I kind of hope he does. Watching the backpedaling has been amusing, and I completely understand wanting a winner, but in a twisted kind of way, I hope he says no thank you.

Ohio might start a war against the rest of the US!

The backpedaling from the fans and Dan Gilbert is nauseating. I hope he signs with the Rockets and just shocks everyone.

The backpedaling from the fans and Dan Gilbert is nauseating. I hope he signs with the Rockets and just shocks everyone.

YESSSSS!

Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

LelBron-Troy-Barnes.gif

you would...crotchity old man

you would...crotchity old man

When I jumped on and became a Browns fan, I told you I had an uneasy feeling. I bailed because of it. I think I did anyway. This is icing on the cake. I mean I am all for a winner. 100%. But people are literally praying for a guy that just a year ago they called a Judas, the scum of the earth, etc. Reminds me of Lakers fans and Kobe. Tosh summed it up well.

Now obviously not apples to apples, because of the people and their acts, I was speaking strictly of the fans.

I hope the prodigal son returns home and I don't even like him, the Cavs, or Miami.

I don't think he leaves Miami. I see melo in a heat uniform next year. Bosh and wade take pay cuts and bring in a guard

I don't think he leaves Miami. I see melo in a heat uniform next year. Bosh and wade take pay cuts and bring in a guard
I thought Melo already committed to the Knicks? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

I thought Melo already committed to the Knicks? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Reports are saying that... his people are saying he has not made up his mind.

Reports are saying that... his people are saying he has not made up his mind.
Oh gotcha. Who knows then haha guess it will come down to Lebron and his decision

Oh gotcha. Who knows then haha guess it will come down to Lebron and his decision

He is waiting to see where lebron lands before he signs with anyone

How do you guys think that'll work? I mean them playing together if the stars align (no pun intended). I think it could work but I wonder sometimes with too many superstars

Im not sure I believe that. A few days ago those were the reports. A lot has changed in the last 24 hours.

How do you guys think that'll work? I mean them playing together if the stars align (no pun intended). I think it could work but I wonder sometimes with too many superstars

It worked with Wade, he took a back seat to win titled. I think these guys are building brands. Melo and LBJ could win numerous titles and build buggers brands.

It worked with Wade, he took a back seat to win titled. I think these guys are building brands. Melo and LBJ could win numerous titles and build buggers brands.

But Melo is not Wade. Not offensively (at the time of signing) or defensively. They also play different positions.

Im not sure I believe that. A few days ago those were the reports. A lot has changed in the last 24 hours.

Unless something changed since last night that is what I saw

Melo would be good with Lebron. He could stand around and do nothing while James did the work.

I do not see them teaming up at all. I think it would work, but I think it's more or less, a pipe dream.

But Melo is not Wade. Not offensively (at the time of signing) or defensively. They also play different positions.

My point was a star taking a back seat. They need someone to spell DWade. But melo and LBJ could win some titles.

My point was a star taking a back seat. They need someone to spell DWade. But melo and LBJ could win some titles.

So based on that, I guess you are making the assumption that LBJ is staying in Miami?

With where the salary cap is at, there's no chance they can get melo and keep Bosh and Wade. Bosh isn't going to take much of a pay cut by all accounts, and how much is Wade even willing to give up after just opting out of 20 million + a year?

IF the big three return, the Heat is pretty much Lebron, wade, bosh, cole, mcroberts and granger. Throw in a couple vet minimums perhaps. Yeah, this is no championship team. If Wade wasn't broken down there would be hope but barring a miracle this is a significant downgrade from this year's team. Lebron's no dummy so he knows this. Wade must be kicking himself for opting out now.

And what choice does Miami have but to resign Wade to a career ending contract after the Heat lose both Lebron and Bosh? It would be an empty arena if all three were gone and the Heat end up overpaying Stephenson and Ariza.

Things are dire for the Heat. Mostly because all their young cheap assets have been busts more or less. Chalmers looked decent until this years playoffs and now looks unsignable. Coles a worthless chucker and JJ is pretty useless too.

As a fan of another eastern conference team that is not Cleveland, I would love for Lebron to stay in Miami and open up the east while screwing Cleveland again (actually if Lebron stays, Cleveland is just screwing themselves). But all logic point to him going to Cleveland.

That will probably be ok too when they trade wiggins, Anthony and picks for Love and realize defense is somewhat important in the NBA. Particulalry after Varajeo gets his annual season ending injury in December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So based on that, I guess you are making the assumption that LBJ is staying in Miami?

Yes, I don't see him leaving. Riley will build another championship squad

With where the salary cap is at, there's no chance they can get melo and keep Bosh and Wade. Bosh isn't going to take much of a pay cut by all accounts, and how much is Wade even willing to give up after just opting out of 20 million + a year?

IF the big three return, the Heat is pretty much Lebron, wade, bosh, cole, mcroberts and granger. Throw in a couple vet minimums perhaps. Yeah, this is no championship team. If Wade wasn't broken down there would be hope but barring a miracle this is a significant downgrade from this year's team. Lebron's no dummy so he knows this. Wade must be kicking himself for opting out now.

And what choice does Miami have but to resign Wade to a career ending contract after the Heat lose both Lebron and Bosh? It would be an empty arena if all three were gone and the Heat end up overpaying Stephenson and Ariza.

Things are dire for the Heat. Mostly because all their young cheap assets have been busts more or less. Chalmers looked decent until this years playoffs and now looks unsignable. Coles a worthless chucker and JJ is pretty useless too.

As a fan of another eastern conference team that is not Cleveland, I would love for Lebron to stay in Miami and open up the east while screwing Cleveland again (actually if Lebron stays, Cleveland is just screwing themselves). But all logic point to him going to Cleveland.

That will probably be ok too when they trade wiggins, Anthony and picks for Love and realize defense is somewhat important in the NBA. Particulalry after Varajeo gets his annual season ending injury in December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with all of this. Unless LBJ stays in Miami, and Bosh leaves and they bring in someone else, but I dont see it unfolding that way.

Back