The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

With where the salary cap is at, there's no chance they can get melo and keep Bosh and Wade. Bosh isn't going to take much of a pay cut by all accounts, and how much is Wade even willing to give up after just opting out of 20 million + a year?

IF the big three return, the Heat is pretty much Lebron, wade, bosh, cole, mcroberts and granger. Throw in a couple vet minimums perhaps. Yeah, this is no championship team. If Wade wasn't broken down there would be hope but barring a miracle this is a significant downgrade from this year's team. Lebron's no dummy so he knows this. Wade must be kicking himself for opting out now.

And what choice does Miami have but to resign Wade to a career ending contract after the Heat lose both Lebron and Bosh? It would be an empty arena if all three were gone and the Heat end up overpaying Stephenson and Ariza.

Things are dire for the Heat. Mostly because all their young cheap assets have been busts more or less. Chalmers looked decent until this years playoffs and now looks unsignable. Coles a worthless chucker and JJ is pretty useless too.

As a fan of another eastern conference team that is not Cleveland, I would love for Lebron to stay in Miami and open up the east while screwing Cleveland again (actually if Lebron stays, Cleveland is just screwing themselves). But all logic point to him going to Cleveland.

That will probably be ok too when they trade wiggins, Anthony and picks for Love and realize defense is somewhat important in the NBA. Particulalry after Varajeo gets his annual season ending injury in December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If bosh does take cut then he will play some where else. I think wade stays, melo comes in with crazy contract and LBJ gets restructured contract. 55million under cap leaves a lot of wiggle room

If bosh does take cut then he will play some where else. I think wade stays, melo comes in with crazy contract and LBJ gets restructured contract. 55million under cap leaves a lot of wiggle room

I guess that's possible, but I don't believe replacing Bosh with Melo makes Miami a better team. Their defense will be pretty atrocious. Wade can't stay in front if anyone anymore, Melo never could. The only positive I see if this happens is Melo takes some scoring load off of Lebron. Of course, it increases his defensive load too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotta admit, based on all the things being reported in the last 24 hours, that is a pretty shocking. Anything is possible of course, but I would be pretty darn surprised if that did.

FWIW, I dont think that makes them better. Especially at the defensive end.

So is the only way wade doesn't lose out on opting out pretty much involve everyone else leaving town and Miami offering him max for the simple fact they would have 0 star players without him?

So is the only way wade doesn't lose out on opting out pretty much involve everyone else leaving town and Miami offering him max for the simple fact they would have 0 star players without him?

It depends what you mean by losing out. If its dollars, I would say yes. However I dont think it is on his part.

BsMcfcnIcAA8ycp.jpg

I think Wade is in serious trouble all the way around if LBJ leaves. Lebron controls Wade's future and that has to be a sickening feeling IMO.

Apparently Dan Gilbert modified his letter.

h4lej7qrck1gbqegw4kr.jpg

I think Wade is in serious trouble all the way around if LBJ leaves. Lebron controls Wade's future and that has to be a sickening feeling IMO.
Wade needs to retire. Physically he's not there anymore.

It is all over the radio and news right now that the Melo to stay in NY deal is done. Whether true or not, is anybody's guess, but there are some big names writing about it now.

While Wade isn't what he once was...

Lets not get too carried away... John McRoberts (Averaged 8 PPG and 4 RPG) just got 4 years 23MM.

Wade needs to retire. Physically he's not there anymore.

At least accept a limited role coming off the bench. Against the Pacers in the Conference Finals he did fine. Against the Spurs, he was too slow and looked terrible.

Bosh is on a family world tour in Ghana! Who needs $88MM.

It is all over the radio and news right now that the Melo to stay in NY deal is done. Whether true or not, is anybody's guess, but there are some big names writing about it now.
Yeah last I saw Melo said he has total confidence in Phil and would stay in NY. Which leads me to believe Lebron is headed to Cleveland

IF..

Melo to NY
LBJ to Cavs
Bosh to Houston

Does DWade stay in Miami(a terrible team) or take a lot less and go to team that will contend?

While Wade isn't what he once was...

Lets not get too carried away... John McRoberts (Averaged 8 PPG and 4 RPG) just got 4 years 23MM.

True but I think it was also said that Lebron and he haven't gotten along playing against each other in the past so unless that beef is squashed it may not be ideal for Lebron. I'm sure he doesn't care about that as much tho. But yeah Wade isn't himself anymore nor do I think he can contribute as much as he once did. Maybe his woman Gabrielle Union can do something to get the old Wade back lol.

IF..

Melo to NY
LBJ to Cavs
Bosh to Houston

Does DWade stay in Miami(a terrible team) or take a lot less and go to team that will contend?

I say DW to Chicago if he doesn't stay in Miami.

Apparently Dan Gilbert modified his letter.

h4lej7qrck1gbqegw4kr.jpg

This really mad me laugh. It would be so funny to see Gilbert choke on his own words.

Sheridan was just on cowherd

Says will without a doubt be released on lebron site.
Will be before Saturday
And says the cavs have 0 reassurance it's happening.
100% sure, putting his 25 years experience and reputation on the line (his words)

Nothing enlightening but was interesting interview as sheridan picked and chose his words wisely after each question

Last edited:
I say DW to Chicago if he doesn't stay in Miami.

That would be a good look for sure. Lebron back home and Wade the same.

IF..

Melo to NY
LBJ to Cavs
Bosh to Houston

Who will still have room to sign him? I don't see a contender trading Miami any serious talent in a SnT for Wade, that is assuming Wade takes a semi-decent pay cut.

This would be better than weather people predicting that global warming was bringing sunshine to Cleveland for 12 months straight and then on September 1st having a blizard roll through.

Chris Sheridan was just on with Collin Cowherd he stood by Lebron to Cleveland 100%. Says he has a rock solid source and is not going to waiver one bit.

Speaking of Stephenson... I am shocked that he has not gotten more consideration. I know his character is questionable, but dude is a gamer.

I know the Mavs and Bulls are in on him, but I expected several teams to be checking up on him.

I think after the Cavs will sign LeBron they will grab Lance to help cool LeBron off during practices & games.

I just can't wait to hear this song over and over and over and over again once Lebron announces he's coming back to Cleveland

[video=youtube;k-ImCpNqbJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw[/video]

Back