The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Haha lebrons buddies are getting texts from the mayor of akron asking if they know lol
I didn't get no text. I thought me and LEBRON was tight. We went to different schools together.

Edit...nevermind

at least he is not doing a big tv event this time. I dont even think he should do a press conference. just let someone report it and move on like all other free agents. yes i know thats a pipe dream but even if he did it that way he would get beat up by the press.

if his people are talking to the teams I dont see the big deal, thats what all free agents do.

the fact it is cleveland makes it much worse as they will crucify him for not coming home and/or for teasing them.

you are right, thats what comes with being the best. like i said, my sympathy only goes so far for one of the richest and most popular athletes out there.

Let's be honest dude, why wouldn't Cleveland fans go all in on Lebron? What else do they have to look forward to?

Let's be honest dude, why wouldn't Cleveland fans go all in on Lebron? What else do they have to look forward to?

Johnny football!?!

Johnny football!?!
With Johnny Football's apparent coke habit he could easily be the next player to leave Cleveland for Miami...

LBJ head to Brazil for the WC final has said he will let teams know tomorrow

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade flew back to Miami on Thursday night after the Miami Heat free agents had spent the day at the LeBron James Skills Academy in Las Vegas.

Summer.

Listening to ESPN radio, they are reporting that at this point the "Letter" is holding up LeBron heading to Cleveland.

Listening to ESPN radio, they are reporting that at this point the "Letter" is holding up LeBron heading to Cleveland.

Its funny that that was mentioned, because on Fox Sports Radio (local channel), they said the "Letter" could go the other way. He went on to explain that LBJ is one of those players that craves postivity and knowing that an entire city, his home city, detests him for leaving, is motivation to return and show how much he can be loved again.

I dont agree with either FWIW. I think they are all grasping at straws. However if he snubs Cleveland (again), the fans will blame the owner for the letter without question. The same fans that burned his jersey, booed him for that awful and selfish decision show, etc.

I think it will be hard for him to look past it. If Gilbert just shut his mouth when he left I think LeBron would have went back in a heartbeat. He still might end up back in Cleveland but that letter is an issue

Its funny that that was mentioned, because on Fox Sports Radio (local channel), they said the "Letter" could go the other way. He went on to explain that LBJ is one of those players that craves postivity and knowing that an entire city, his home city, detests him for leaving, is motivation to return and show how much he can be loved again.

I dont agree with either FWIW. I think they are all grasping at straws. However if he snubs Cleveland (again), the fans will blame the owner for the letter without question. The same fans that burned his jersey, booed him for that awful and selfish decision show, etc.
I can see both sides to that letter - an owner who is passionate to win, with a fan base that is just as ready to win.

On the other hand, there were parts that borderline mocked LeBron so I can understand the potential reluctance to go back to an owner who wrote it.

Like you, I honestly wonder if the letter is a smoke screen for LeBron. Use the letter as an factor - if he decides to head back to Miami - Gilbert is the enemy, not him.

Like you, I honestly wonder if the letter is a smoke screen for LeBron. Use the letter as an factor - if he decides to head back to Miami - Gilbert is the enemy, not him.

It absolutely will be. This way the Cleveland fans that were pulling the jersey ashes out of their urns blame someone else.

It absolutely will be. This way the Cleveland fans that were pulling the jersey ashes out of their urns blame someone else.
In a twisted way it is the perfect way for LeBron to stick it to Dan Gilbert. You want to write that letter - here is payback.

It's hard not to blame the owner if that's the case.

The finger always gets pointed, and while it was a hilarious read at the time, it was waaaaay over the top not to mention in comic sans of all things.

Twitter has been interesting this morning, Sheridan calling out Broussard for his column

and separate from that rumors that Gilbert and Lebron patched things up when Z's jersey was retired.

regardless the whole Lebron meeting with Riley to tell him he is going to Cleveland seems like total garbage cause if that was the case I think we would hear more from MIA about them working to sign players.

The finger always gets pointed, and while it was a hilarious read at the time, it was waaaaay over the top not to mention in comic sans of all things.

Sources say that if LeBron snubs Cleveland again, the next letter will be in wingdings.

Twitter has been interesting this morning, Sheridan calling out Broussard for his column
This whole thing has been comical to follow. I am trying to remember the last time there was this kind of bottleneck in NBA free agency. How many teams are waiting on LeBron right now?

It's hard not to blame the owner if that's the case.

Hard to blame the owner and welcome the fans...

and separate from that rumors that Gilbert and Lebron patched things up when Z's jersey was retired.

regardless the whole Lebron meeting with Riley to tell him he is going to Cleveland seems like total garbage cause if that was the case I think we would hear more from MIA about them working to sign players.

They did patch it up. In fact one of Lebron's crew said Gilbert and LBJ have been quite open and friendly for quite some time.

I dont think the letter has ANYTHING to do with it. it will be used as a scapegoat if he chooses elsewhere without a doubt. If the letter was a big deal, you DONT tell you guys to make sure Cleveland puts a max offer out.

This is all so ridiculous. The number one guy reporting LeBron to Cleveland is Sheridan, the one guy to vote against LeBron for MVP. Who honestly thinks anyone in LeBron's camp is leaking anything to Sheridan?

LeBron had said nothing. The only pro-Cleveland chatter is coming from Cleveland. It looks more and more to me like people in Cleveland are making things up to whip the public into a furry and make it harder for LeBron to not go to Cleveland (like he'd be hurting them again).

Either that or there's something even bigger afoot, like some massive deal Pat "Gordon Gecko" Riley had worked out...

Hard to blame the owner and welcome the fans...

They did patch it up. In fact one of Lebron's crew said Gilbert and LBJ have been quite open and friendly for quite some time.

I dont think the letter has ANYTHING to do with it. it will be used as a scapegoat if he chooses elsewhere without a doubt. If the letter was a big deal, you DONT tell you guys to make sure Cleveland puts a max offer out.

Agree. What I find funny are that the majority of the recent ESPN articles (past 48 hours) have a very keep Lebron in MIA feel to them for whatever reason.

talk shows not so much oddly enough

and its UNREAL how big of an impact on free agency this has had, such a log jam because of this its unreal

This is all so ridiculous. The number one guy reporting LeBron to Cleveland is Sheridan, the one guy to vote against LeBron for MVP. Who honestly thinks anyone in LeBron's camp is leaking anything to Sheridan?

LeBron had said nothing. The only pro-Cleveland chatter is coming from Cleveland. It looks more and more to me like people in Cleveland are making things up to whip the public into a furry and make it harder for LeBron to not go to Cleveland (like he'd be hurting them again).

Either that or there's something even bigger afoot, like some massive deal Pat "Gordon Gecko" Riley had worked out...

wrong, Stephen A smith has also stated yesterday Lebron is coming back as far as "non cleveland" chatter based on what he is "hearing"
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/steph...ng-to-cleveland-on-espn-radios-mike-and-mike/

Agree. What I find funny are that the majority of the recent ESPN articles (past 48 hours) have a very keep Lebron in MIA feel to them for whatever reason.

talk shows not so much oddly enough

and its UNREAL how big of an impact on free agency this has had, such a log jam because of this its unreal

I think its a log fam for multiple reasons. Obviously talent, but the other being money. He costs a lot of money.

I think this long drawn out drama is worse then the whole announcement debacle from a few years back.

Back