Lebron James Headed Back to Cleveland

No need to turn on ESPN for the next 2 days until the World Cup final. Jeez. Congrats Cleveland, you have hope again.

So Gilbert tried the old my plane is in Florida but Im in my backyard but Im really in Florida with LBJ trick

No need to turn on ESPN for the next 2 days until the World Cup final. Jeez. Congrats Cleveland, you have hope again.

Don't worry, they're known as the Factory of Sadness for a reason. The Browns will remind us all of that in a few months.

That said, I am happy this happened. LeBron belongs in Cleveland. It is a good story.

Pffffftttt.. I said that last night at 6pm. Peyton's head needs new material.

I am literally speechless:

And good lord, this whole thing brought some clarity for my football team of choice...No more Browns without question...I would never last a season.

And good lord, this whole thing brought some clarity for my football team of choice...No more Browns without question...I would never last a season.

Are you an NFL free agent? I've heard good things.

So I had just read the latest posts in this thread, then flipped over to USA Today, and the headline was "Stocks close higher after Thursday's drama" and my first thought was why does the stock market care where LeBron went?

I thought LeBron did a great job with the letter and I'm glad he seems happy. I've always been a huge LeBron fan; I rooted for him in Cleveland, in Miami and I will root for him again in Cleveland. The only thing that irritates me a little is that I don't think Dan Gilbert deserves this but if LeBron has moved on then that's all that really matters. As for personnel, this was a smart decision as Miami just wasn't going anywhere with that roster.

I have to admit, I despised Lebron after he left Cleveland, though ti was classless how he left, and I rooted against him. I didn't think it was possible...but my opinion has 180'd on him, and I really do wish him success. This was a cool move.

p.s. JB, you're welcome to jump on the Jets bandwagon. All I can promise you is a lifetime of lofty expectations and shattered dreams, but man it's fun.

As a fan I am...again.
A certain team is much much less likely to move with a new owner than it was when you were a free agent back in March....but that's for a different thread... :alien:

Well, can't say I didn't see this coming. Now let's see what Cleveland does. Personally, think its a long term mistake to trade wiggins and Bennett for Love. Waiters, Irving and Love don't play any defense already. And Varajeo doesn't either after he's sidelined with his annual injury. I think its a mistake if Cleveland loads up with vets trying to win now and clogs their cap. Lebrons gonna be great for 4 or 5 more years. Let wiggins, Bennett and Irving grow up and become a juggernaut. They screwed the pooch first time around, let's see if Cleveland can stop being Cleveland and do it right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was really surprised when I heard this news at lunch. I really thought there was no way he'd go back, considering what happened upon his departure. Of course if I was a Cavs fan I'd be quick to forgive Lebron too! :)

Interesting rumor news hearing Love trade talks with the Cavs. Crazy crazy. Cavs go from bottom feeders to one of the best teams in the East.

BsTf99qCIAAowgi.jpg:large

I'm honestly more interested to see what Cleveland does with the rest of their roster!

Im happy for Ohio in that a lot of people wanted him to come back and it will be good for the Cavs and good for the city of Cleveland. Im just so over hearing about it and laugh at the predictions that the Cavs will win multiple titles and be the dominant team in the NBA for the next 10 years. Even LeBron himself has said the Cavs arent ready to win a title right now and it will be a few years before they have a team that can compete for a title.
Obviously, Im not from Ohio, am not a Cavs fan and REALLY cant stand LeBron.
I actually found it somewhat strange that Cavs fans were so excited to see LeBron come back and welcomed him with open arms. Its like, lets say you were dating someone and you thought everything was going great. That person told you how much they loved you, how much they wanted to marry you and how much they were looking forward to growing old with you.
Then, you ran into some struggles in life and that person left you for a someone who was better looking, smarter and had more money. They married that person and had children with them.
Then, a number of years later, you heard that their marriage didnt work out and that person calls you up, explains how much they always loved you and wanted to come back and pick up where you left off.
Now, would you REALLY welcome that person back with open arms and be instantly willing to forget the past and forget everything that happened? I personally would and would tell that person to get lost. I just find it really interesting that LeBron releases a letter all about how much he loves Ohio and everyone forgets how selfish he was and that he sold them out when it was convenient for him.
Like I said though, it is great for the city of Cleveland in terms of sports: having Johnny Fooseball and Quitness in the same city.

Cleveland needs some good news like this. I don't really care for the NBA, but it's amazing how big this story was. Unfortunately I think the Johnny Football thing won't end well, but hopefully I'm wrong.

is there a reason for a 2 year deal with an opt out after one, is there something coming in the future that would allow for higher salaries?

is there a reason for a 2 year deal with an opt out after one, is there something coming in the future that would allow for higher salaries?

Yes. Tv contracts are up and the salary cap in two years is expected to jump to $80mill. This is 100% a financial move. LeBron has made his last team change of his career

Yes. Tv contracts are up and the salary cap in two years is expected to jump to $80mill. This is 100% a financial move. LeBron has made his last team change of his career

an opt out just adds drama, could have signed for 2 years no opt out & at any point signed an extension

Back