What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
106, 53-53 today at Lemoore Muni. 7/15 FIR's (which is good for me, along with 4 more that were less than a yard from the fairway), but 0/18 GIRS. One of my better days tho, I'm not sure what my PB there is, maybe 104. Will Celebrate when I break 100!

Yesterday afternoon played a course new to me. 45/40 for 85 at Traditions of Braselton. Not my best stat day. Struggled with my driver swing and fought the hooks with it all day. 3/13 fairways, 7/18 GIR, 16/18 GIR+1. 36 putts total (Four 3-putts).

Said to myself after front nine "lets shoot 40 on the back to make this respectable". Should have had 37 on the back. Three-putted the last three holes. Twinged something in my lower back on my drive on the 15th. Did some stretching and was good enough to keep going. Ironically I only felt it when bending over to putt on the last 4 holes.

Hoping the back is good enough to play today.

First formal round in a while, wasn't expecting to play but got a slot that came up.

2014-07-12%20card.png

Could have been an ok score, 2 holes really wrecked it, a few scrappy ones in the middle but taking encouragement from 2 net eagles, 4 net birdies and 3 net pars.
So for those 9 holes, 8 under handicap. Stupid 7 on par three 15th and really stupid 9 on the second were very disappointing.

Yesterday afternoon played a course new to me. 45/40 for 85 at Traditions of Braselton. Not my best stat day. Struggled with my driver swing and fought the hooks with it all day. 3/13 fairways, 7/18 GIR, 16/18 GIR+1. 36 putts total (Four 3-putts).

Said to myself after front nine "lets shoot 40 on the back to make this respectable". Should have had 37 on the back. Three-putted the last three holes. Twinged something in my lower back on my drive on the 15th. Did some stretching and was good enough to keep going. Ironically I only felt it when bending over to putt on the last 4 holes.

Hoping the back is good enough to play today.

Nice job of setting your goal for the back nine and shooting it.

went out and played with Bobby (Intimadator2007) and some guys today. Came away with just an 80...alot of missed opportunities but had a blast anyway! It was a beautiful morning. Will post pics in the action shots thread

Put up an 85 (+15, it's a par 70) on the home course, for a personal best there. Didn't hit the ball great, but stayed out of big trouble, and was decent on and around the greens with only 31 putts. I can't say I hit any extraordinary shots, but I didn't have any complete blowup holes. Extremely happy with the result, considering I borrowed a set of irons to play with to get used to playing with something different than my set heading into the MC.

Congrats on the course pb

40/38 +8 78

Fanatic day with the driver, just couldn't hit my approach shots close enough for realistic birdie Ops

39/38 77 with THP folks in DFW. Nate is good luck for me!

Great round Ward.

Heck of a round ward. ...well done

42/37: 79 in a match play round w my buddy.

Shot 70 this morning. 29 putts, 11/14 FWYS, and 13/18 GIR. This is a new PB for me and my first time breaking PAR anywhere. Prior PB was a 75 and recently I've been putting horribly and scoring some high numbers. Been trying to work on my drives and wedges lately and it's nice to see the work paying off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot 70 this morning. 29 putts, 11/14 FWYS, and 13/18 GIR. This is a new PB for me and my first time breaking PAR anywhere. Prior PB was a 75 and recently I've been putting horribly and scoring some high numbers. Been trying to work on my drives and wedges lately and it's nice to see the work paying off

Very nice! Congrats!

Great round !

I put up a 87 today with the DFW crew at Grapevine. I played decent, put still not clicking on all cylinders. Hit 10 FW, 6 GIR & 37 putts. Putts are misleading bc I count when I putt from the fringe & burned a lot of edges, but that the result & something that needs work.

As always playing with THP'ers is that much better!

50/51 on Dunes West with Trout Bum and Atkjoh in Mount Pleasant. Marc picked a great course. Struggled with full swing shots < 100 yards but the putter was on fire today (5 one putts, one three jack). As long as I kept my tempo, the driver was doing well. Was a great day of golf, and while I wanted to break 100 in a bad way, I'll take the 101. Handicap now sits exactly at 30.0.

Thanks for the great round Marc, we'll tee it up again soon!

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Played in a scramble and struggled. 66. I hit 4 fairways and 5 greens. My new clubs can't get here fast enough. Put the new Ketsch counter weighted in play today. Really liked it.

Went out and played today. Shot a 46/46 for a pretty happy with it 92. I had trouble with driver the first 5 or 6 holes, but turned it around and was hitting great drives the last 12 holes. Great round for only hitting 2 greens and 1 fairway. With the minus of 1 blowup hole, and a couple doubles, I would of had a PB. I feel a new PB coming this year however.

38 - 36 - 74 (+2). 3 birdies, 5 bogeys.

Most encouraging thing about the round today is I think I finally figured out the right mix of medicine to take to alleviate much of the pain in my left arm that has been bothering me for the last 8 months. Today was the first time in 7 months I have really felt comfortable taking a full, aggressive swing at the ball. Was finally able to get back my hard drawing, mid flight with my woods that I am accustomed to. Granted I did overcook a few, but I will certainly live with that after finally feeling that I was striking the ball solidly again.

38 - 36 - 74 (+2). 3 birdies, 5 bogeys.

Most encouraging thing about the round today is I think I finally figured out the right mix of medicine to take to alleviate much of the pain in my left arm that has been bothering me for the last 8 months. Today was the first time in 7 months I have really felt comfortable taking a full, aggressive swing at the ball. Was finally able to get back my hard drawing, mid flight with my woods that I am accustomed to. Granted I did overcook a few, but I will certainly live with that after finally feeling that I was striking the ball solidly again.
Nice round!

46-47 getting off the tee pretty well, and striking irons really well albeit, hitting everything surprisingly long. I've inadvertently discovered some secret way of getting another 10-15 yds out of my irons. While this might sound good (it is) I was sending shots over the greens and missing targets. I'll have to troubleshoot this and figure out how to make it repeatable, and then re-calibrate my ranges. :act-up:

I was pretty happy with the game but couldn't buy a putt. I 3-putted on 7 holes, and missed several up and downs. I figure this added 8-9 strokes to my game. They had just aerated/sanded the greens at our club. Everything was running slow and the punch marks made it impossible for me to see a line. I was leaving almost all of my first putts short but within 3 feet. Then the really frustrating part was missing the short putts. :banghead: I missed all but 1 from that distance....burned a ton of edges. Really, really frustrating.

46/37 83. Tale of two sides, and it was all due to slow play I'd say. Front was played in 2:45, back played in just under 2 hours. Putted well all day, but a lot of troubles came from waiting at the tee and into the green. The 37 was an incredibly encouraging sign as the wind even picked up for the back 9 and I still played well. Driver was hit and miss, still playing a disappointing fade, but it's working. Apex were stellar, T grind was a champ, and the Deeps are becoming a go to set for me.

Shot a 45/51 for a 96. 34 putts three 3 jacks that happened in the beginning of the round that shouldn't have happened. 8/13 Fwys. 4 GIRs. Course was a 130 Slope. I definitely left a few shots out there especially putts, but I'm hitting my driver better and the chips and pitches that I worked on with my instructor have been improving by each round, which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back