What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot a 78 (8 over) with 7 putts on the first 2 holes. I was even on the back. I haven't shot par on a side since I started playing again.

I've felt like I've had a good round coming for the last few weeks. Finally happened today. Stayed away from blowup holes. This was a new personal best for this course, previous personal best for this one was 78.

71214MirrorLakeMountain_zpsaf585377.jpg

44/40 for an 84 pretty happy overall . I think it is starting to cone together just need some more short game work.

You beat me this time, but I'm coming for you! 46/48 for a 94. LB44 is right that I would have been happy with that last year, but these days I expect to be under 90. I'm blaming my hat and/or too much powerade. Or possibly it was the 3-putts and a couple of 7's.

You beat me this time, but I'm coming for you! 46/48 for a 94. LB44 is right that I would have been happy with that last year, but these days I expect to be under 90. I'm blaming my hat and/or too much powerade. Or possibly it was the 3-putts and a couple of 7's.

You kept the 8 off the card though. Solid round today tomorrow you will be under 90.

Shot 83 in a best ball scramble today. Probably used my ball for 80%+ of the round. Really happy with my play today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 9 with my 13-year-old son today and had an absolute blast. What great father-son time. Of course it didn't hurt I shot 39. :)

Shot a 43 only played 9, really enjoyed the new driver, raxr fit extreme, hit the irons and wedges good to, putter was the trouble today 3 putted 4 greens today, but sure enjoyed the day

I've felt like I've had a good round coming for the last few weeks. Finally happened today. Stayed away from blowup holes. This was a new personal best for this course, previous personal best for this one was 78.

71214MirrorLakeMountain_zpsaf585377.jpg

Well done, Barry.

76 at Mirror Lake is no joke.

Played 9 with my 13-year-old son today and had an absolute blast. What great father-son time. Of course it didn't hurt I shot 39. :)

Treasure those times as they are truly special :thumb:

hrrrrmmm 40-42 = 82 from back tees. 2 bad swings on the back 9 cost me a double and a triple, otherwise the round was pretty good. Oh well, will try again tomorrow.

Played 36 today to prep for Morgan Cup.

Shot 75 (38-37) this morning at my usual course. Kind of kicked the ball around a lot, but I also had several birdies and an eagle. Definitely an up and down round of golf. Struck the ball well, made some putts, but also missed several make able ones.

This afternoon I played Crystal Falls with flog for a match play round. Very nice course north of Atlanta that I'm looking forward to playing again. Great condition.

Shot 73 (37/36). Played a solid round. Gave a few strokes away, but also had some solid scoring. I also seemed to burned edges or lip out on three or for 30-40 foot putts. It seemed like one would fall. Either way, putting was generally solid.

Flog continues to whip me, but I made him take me to 18 to decide the match. One day.

Two solid rounds today, ATL. Nice job!

Well played Seth! Playing to 18 against Kyle is golfing your ball!

Some real nice rounds out there fellas well done!

Nice rounds Seth!!

Played 36 today with a bunch of THPers. I had two triples today and the doubles that really liked my scoring. Just really bad decisions, but what an amazing day.
I shot a 42/46 for an 88 in the morning round. The 18th s where I got the triple, after a good drive, then some serious bad breaks.
The afternoon round was a little better. 40/44 84, with a triple on the 6th hole. Birdied the next to relieve some of the pain.

I like the trend of breaking 80 I have going. 78 today :)
9yve6yjy.jpg
ba5e7ede.jpg

Played with my buddy Diabolo this afternoon at Southwyck in Pearland. didn't play bad, just didn't play good. Another 78 same as yesterday. 8 fairways and 11 greens but 35 putts. None were missed badly but just wouldn't drop I swear I burned 9-10 edges.

40 front 5 pars, 4 bogeys
38 back. 1 birdie, 3 bogeys, 5 pars

Played Southwyck yesterday as well. Totally horrible on the front 9 and must have lost confidence for a good round and ended up with a 56 in front. Not sure what happened on the back 9, but I shot 36. Best 9 holes I've ever shot.

Today I shot a very lackluster 40-43=83
I hit 7/14 fwys (pretty good on that course)
6/18 GIRS (very good for me)
31 putts (very Ehh)
And 3 lost ball penalties.

My only birdie came on a 30+ foot breaking putt that I got lucky on. Missed 2-3 great birdie looks. Hit the driver great but can't get the ball to go anywhere.

Last edited:
Played 36 today to get some MC prep, and had a disappointing round and an amazing round. First round I shot a 44/49 for a 93 that was ESC 91. Front 9 started incredibly well, but had a blowup hole and shot a 9 on a par 4 where my tee shot went into a large tree, and dropped right below it. I had a great lie but chunked 2 5 irons in a row and then pulled my 4h OB. Back 9 just wasn't doing much right, and had 4 doubles and a triple. Went home after that round frustrated and a little tired from the round, grabbed some lunch and went back out for my afternoon round on a different course. Ended up shooting a 42/41 83 that was 1 over my PB, but it was a harder course so my lowest differential ever. I'm really proud of my back 9, as I didn't have anything higher than a bogie, and that was after 27 holes in some heat and the wind was picking up. Figured something out on my swing during the second 18, and I'm excited to work on it and see what it does to my game. Best thing is that with these scores entered, I'm trending to a 14.9 for the update on Tuesday, my lowest ever and somewhere I never thought I'd be, and I think my game has the potential to take it even lower.

Played 36 today to prep for Morgan Cup.

Shot 75 (38-37) this morning at my usual course. Kind of kicked the ball around a lot, but I also had several birdies and an eagle. Definitely an up and down round of golf. Struck the ball well, made some putts, but also missed several make able ones.

This afternoon I played Crystal Falls with flog for a match play round. Very nice course north of Atlanta that I'm looking forward to playing again. Great condition.

Shot 73 (37/36). Played a solid round. Gave a few strokes away, but also had some solid scoring. I also seemed to burned edges or lip out on three or for 30-40 foot putts. It seemed like one would fall. Either way, putting was generally solid.

Flog continues to whip me, but I made him take me to 18 to decide the match. One day.

Damn, Seth. Crystal Falls is in my back yard and I was a member there for awhile. It's
a great track and a good prep for both of you. Nice round for you both on that course.

Played 36 today to get some MC prep, and had a disappointing round and an amazing round. First round I shot a 44/49 for a 93 that was ESC 91. Front 9 started incredibly well, but had a blowup hole and shot a 9 on a par 4 where my tee shot went into a large tree, and dropped right below it. I had a great lie but chunked 2 5 irons in a row and then pulled my 4h OB. Back 9 just wasn't doing much right, and had 4 doubles and a triple. Went home after that round frustrated and a little tired from the round, grabbed some lunch and went back out for my afternoon round on a different course. Ended up shooting a 42/41 83 that was 1 over my PB, but it was a harder course so my lowest differential ever. I'm really proud of my back 9, as I didn't have anything higher than a bogie, and that was after 27 holes in some heat and the wind was picking up. Figured something out on my swing during the second 18, and I'm excited to work on it and see what it does to my game. Best thing is that with these scores entered, I'm trending to a 14.9 for the update on Tuesday, my lowest ever and somewhere I never thought I'd be, and I think my game has the potential to take it even lower.

Great work Neb, We reversed roles and I shot my good round in the morning and blew up in the afternoon. It was a good humbling experience for me though. The golf ego was getting too big and this brought me back to reality--need to put the same mental focus into every shot and not just the ones in a tournament or match.

Put up an 85 (+15, it's a par 70) on the home course, for a personal best there. Didn't hit the ball great, but stayed out of big trouble, and was decent on and around the greens with only 31 putts. I can't say I hit any extraordinary shots, but I didn't have any complete blowup holes. Extremely happy with the result, considering I borrowed a set of irons to play with to get used to playing with something different than my set heading into the MC.

PB on borrowed irons, solid DOTCOM work there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back