The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I think this is a bit much..

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/07/espn3-to-live-stream-tiger-woo.html

ESPN3 to live-stream Tiger Woods' British Open rounds

It seems inconceivable that Tiger Woods will be a factor in the British Open next week, given his recent surgery and the lack of on-course preparation he's had. But he will be a curiosity, as he always is, and ESPN is acknowledging this.

Kind of makes sense to me...push it to the web so that people who want to watch him non-stop can, and if he is not relevant, the main televised coverage can stay on the leaders. Is that not kind of what the Masters does online with featured groups?

Kind of makes sense to me...push it to the web so that people who want to watch him non-stop can, and if he is not relevant, the main televised coverage can stay on the leaders. Is that not kind of what the Masters does online with featured groups?

Does that mean they arent going to feature him during the TV coverage?

you mean the same thing that Amol said?

I like it, I'll probably throw it on the tablet or one of the screens here at work.

Does that mean they arent going to feature him during the TV coverage?

If he is relevant, I'm sure they will. If not, they probably won't show his every shot. Given the followings of things like Golf Channel's Tiger Tracker on Twitter, there is a market who wants that or the networks wouldn't show him as much. This gives ESPN the way to cover both ways and possibly expand total viewers.

you mean the same thing that Amol said?

I like it, I'll probably throw it on the tablet or one of the screens here at work.

Haha yeah. I missed it. You can delete my post.

Haha yeah. I missed it. You can delete my post.

nah only picking on ya.

Honestly, there was no TW for the first 2 majors, and they were kind of dull. I think it's a good move by ESPN.

nah only picking on ya.

Honestly, there was no TW for the first 2 majors, and they were kind of dull. I think it's a good move by ESPN.

You? Picking on me? Nahhhh :alien: I am a Tiger fan and I love when he is in the hunt. Just dont think they need to do this but people will watch it.

You? Picking on me? Nahhhh :alien: I am a Tiger fan and I love when he is in the hunt. Just dont think they need to do this but people will watch it.

people will certainly watch. Ratings down in the first 2 majors, perhaps if they watch TW the first 2 rounds, even if he misses the cut, they will be engaged enough to watch on the weekend.

I'll be watching.

They would not be doing it if people did not want it if he was have a great year i might tune in but just back from injury wonder how effective he will be

I think this is a bit much..

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/07/espn3-to-live-stream-tiger-woo.html

ESPN3 to live-stream Tiger Woods' British Open rounds

It seems inconceivable that Tiger Woods will be a factor in the British Open next week, given his recent surgery and the lack of on-course preparation he's had. But he will be a curiosity, as he always is, and ESPN is acknowledging this.

I totally agree. This is the kind of stuff I can't stand...the Tiger-Tracker, highlights of half his round and none of the actual leader. Maybe this works for the casual golf fan who only know Tiger but for real golf fans it's too much IMO. What do you expect from ESPN though. They did a whole show on who Lebron was going to sign with.

I totally agree. This is the kind of stuff I can't stand...the Tiger-Tracker, highlights of half his round and none of the actual leader. Maybe this works for the casual golf fan who only know Tiger but for real golf fans it's too much IMO. What do you expect from ESPN though. They did a whole show on who Lebron was going to sign with.

This works for me, and I'm definitely not a "casual golf fan". Tiger moves the needle and I enjoy watching him play. If he starts hitting it all over the place I'll probably stop watching, but if he doesn't I'm glad there will be a place to watch his entire round.

I always get a kick out of the whole "real golf fans" remarks. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Real golf fans, whether people want to believe it or not, have favorite players. Having a favorite player doesn't make you a "casual golf fan".

Man I'd love to watch an entire round of Tigers especially if he's playing well, I can't think of another player I'd like to watch a whole round of.

Man I'd love to watch an entire round of Tigers especially if he's playing well, I can't think of another player I'd like to watch a whole round of.
You betcha

Am I the only one that thinks TW would be far more likeable if he was more personable? He never smiles!!! Stiffs a long range approach and NOTHING, sinks a tough putt from off the green, NOTHING!!! He used to be far more likeable. I'm still a fan but hate seeing the bored look on his face.

Am I the only one that thinks TW would be far more likeable if he was more personable? He never smiles!!! Stiffs a long range approach and NOTHING, sinks a tough putt from off the green, NOTHING!!! He used to be far more likeable. I'm still a fan but hate seeing the bored look on his face.

I think honestly he's a different person and golfer now, it's still there, it's just different.

I agree. So unhappy.

24b4rw8.jpg

Wow Greg, please read my post again and maybe you'll realize your attempt at a smart arse comment was misguided.

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Seriously? Why does this thread always turn into unneeded comments?

Wow Greg, please read my post again and maybe you'll realize your attempt at a smart arse comment was misguided.

He's got Stacy Lewis syndrome.

Never a smile on her face unless she's holding a trophy or it's a photo op. Otherwise she's walking the course with a pissy look on her face whining about something.

It';s amazing how many professional golfers act like this. I would kill for this job.

I read it. On behalf of Tiger, allow me to apologize for him not skipping down the fairways while his caddy holds a boom box playing "Walking on Sunshine" and doing cartwheels to the next tee after dropping a putt. We're sorry.

Solid 69 today for TW. I was up early wanting to see him & the swing looks better and I didn't see any discomfort. Positive signs & hope he can keep it up. Bogeys hurt, but overall think he struck the ball well and his putting looks good. He burned a lot of edges that ended up tap in pars.

Back