What would you shoot off the ladies tee?

Depends on the course, some courses there is is 1,500 to 2,000 yard difference between the tees I normally play and the forward tees. On those courses I'm guessing it'd be probably 5-6 strokes better.

I've never played the ladies tees, but I've hit my second shot from there more times than I'd like to admit. I'm not sure it would make a huge difference, you still have to hit the shots. I am more than capable of making bogey from the reds just as I am the whites or blues.

I could probably do a little better. Par 3s and 5s would be fun.

Even par. Done it a few times. Hitting the extra fw's and greens are nice, but putting is still the name of the game.

Probably a bit under.

I did it once with my wife in Myrtle Beach (Heathland at Legends). I shot 66, -5. My best score from the back tees on that course is +1 which I did twice.

I wish I could remember who but I read an article once years ago where a tour pro said that after a long layoff, he would always play a round or two from the forward tees. He said that he does it to avoid seeing a high score on his card right out of the gate, puts him in a better frame of mind. I'm thinking Stewart Cink, maybe.

When I am playing alone I will play two balls more often than not, one from my normal tee and one from the shortest, just to get different looks. I usually shoot a couple shots lower from the red tees, but nothing drastic.

Probably just a couple of strokes difference, I still have to chip and putt!

my buddy and i have always wanted to do that just to see i would make a few more holes drivable

This is a good question. It would totally change the way I played the course cause I would most likely not hit driver off most tees and play to a yardage. If I hit driver more than likely I would have a lot of shots in a distance I'm not so good at. Huh....maybe I should try it, maybe it would help me

This is a good question. It would totally change the way I played the course cause I would most likely not hit driver off most tees and play to a yardage. If I hit driver more than likely I would have a lot of shots in a distance I'm not so good at. Huh....maybe I should try it, maybe it would help me

Yes. It would help. More than you may realize

I would have an easier time shooting <80, at the home course. I don't underestimate my ability to blow up on some holes.

It was funny but a bit harsh. Seriously on my home course it's rdd for ladies, white for hackers, blue for lower cappers and blacks for the scratch or better. I would definitely shoot par or better. It takes a club out of play for some holes. Some of the par 4s would be driveable. Not sure but I would shave shots for sure.

Maybe I should start playing the hackers tees.

Wowza.

As a one time thing, probably about 3 shots lower than my normal men's tee score. The par 5 holes is where it would really pay off on my course. The reds would make reaching them all in two very realistic with a good tee shot instead of only one of them being reachable in two from the men's tees pretty routinely for me.

I think playing the "ladies" tees would result and less penalties off the tee and possibly more scoring opportunities. That being said I'd say mid to high 70s.

I think playing the "ladies" tees would result and less penalties off the tee and possibly more scoring opportunities. That being said I'd say mid to high 70s.

Let's play from them some time in august. I think I could shoot 65 from there if my putter was going the way it has been lately.

I bet I'd have good chances of 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 17 off the tee if I felt so inclined, and every par 5 would be a short iron to the green for an eagle look.

Let's play from them some time in august. I think I could shoot 65 from there if my putter was going the way it has been lately.

I bet I'd have good chances of 2, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 17 off the tee if I felt so inclined, and every par 5 would be a short iron to the green for an eagle look.
That sounds like a lot of fun! All the par 3s would be soo much different. Also 6 (for me) 8, 13 and 18 would be less intimidating off the tee.

Personally I don't think I'd be more than 10 strokes better honestly.

The red tees (that is the ladies teees where I live), what would you shoot/what do you think your handicap would be? After getting flamed for suggesting that holly whatever is an average golfer, curious to see what everyone thinks.

I don't quite understand your premise that you're a better golfer than women because you can hit it farther. Women simply lack the physical strength to hit it as far as men. That does not make them any less accomplished of a golfer. If a women shoots a 75, she shot a 75, same as if you did.

If we were able to give women a ball that would fly as far as ours if they were playing from the same tee, would you still argue that if they mopped the floor with you that it didn't count? It's the same thing as having their teebox forward.

I have no idea what I shoot honestly. If I were to play aggressively, I could see myself getting into trouble. Would be fun and interesting.

Back