Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

Snagged one. I'm very interested. I should have it this week. I am really interested how it goes.

Which one?

Keep an open mind and stick with it. Grip is a non issue for me anymore see Ryan's thoughts above. You could putt with your eyes closed with this putter and the audible feedback will let you know if it was struck well. Long putts took a little time to get used to for me and right now I almost wish it was even heavier. I'm really getting into the "feeling of the head" throughout the stroke with this putter.

do I still miss right? Yes, but it has definitely had a positive effect on taking some of the right side out of the hole.

The tech is there as you say Blu. Hope you like it and very interested in your thoughts.

JM

I really like the putter, and I probably would like the grip better if was black. I have not holed a lot of long putts with this putter but my control has been sport on with this thing leaving tap ins which are good for me.

I really like the putter, and I probably would like the grip better if was black. I have not holed a lot of long putts with this putter but my control has been sport on with this thing leaving tap ins which are good for me.

They will drop. I've made some bombs with this thing, just trying to get it close.

JM

Which one?

Keep an open mind and stick with it. Grip is a non issue for me anymore see Ryan's thoughts above. You could putt with your eyes closed with this putter and the audible feedback will let you know if it was struck well. Long putts took a little time to get used to for me and right now I almost wish it was even heavier. I'm really getting into the "feeling of the head" throughout the stroke with this putter.

do I still miss right? Yes, but it has definitely had a positive effect on taking some of the right side out of the hole.

The tech is there as you say Blu. Hope you like it and very interested in your thoughts.

JM

Missing to the right has been my miss as of late. I love hearing that. I can't wait to get my hands on the True Balance in Myrtle

Which one?

JM

TD-03. Love me some Anser shape

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts Joe, I know mine are much much different than many in here.

I rolled mmaynard11's TD-01 and I must say this putter intrigues me!

It does take a little to get used to the feel, but I think it could be beneficial, especially in longer putts.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts Joe, I know mine are much much different than many in here.

It's a low risk experiment for me. The tech is intriguing. The insert sounds promising. I am not sure how long I will give the putter. But I am going to give it the ole college try.

sort of forgot I have this putter still, may have to take it for a spin this weekend

sort of forgot I have this putter still, may have to take it for a spin this weekend

Oh, look at me I won an invitational and have so much swag I forgot I had this amazing putter.

#notbitter

well i took mine out for a spin today for the first time, and ignoring that the grip made me feel like i was in a swimming pool...i actually really liked it. Shot my PB with it, though i'd say my putting was just ok. Not alot of 3 putts... very easy to line up and swing straight. Jury is still out, but it's won some more time in the bag, that's for sure.

I am really looking forward to finally seeing these in person in a couple weeks.

This thing was VERY impressive today. Not much else went right, but even more than the tap ins from some putts with lots of real estate, the 5 and 6 footers for par were just solid as hell. I'm ready.....

JM

Ok, I got one of these for winning the OC tournament (thanks again to THP and Bridgestone) and have to say its a little different. I haven't putted on a green yet but will tomorrow. First thing I noticed was even on carpet how well the ball rolls of the face. Secondly I'm not sold on the grip yet....a little big for my liking. I'm putting great with my current putter but I'm going to mess around with this. The way it rolls off the face and so online on my carpet has to be a good thing.

Really intrigued by the TD-01.

Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

Picked up my putter today. I ordered a 35". First thing I noticed was how head heavy the putter was. It really caught me off guard. Something felt odd about the putter. Not the grip mind you. The putter was 1" shorter than what I ordered.

The grip, wow it's soft. Almost shockingly so. Pool toy is exactly how I would describe it.

Insert felt really good. Lots of roll. Almost Nike Method type roll.

I brought the putter in to have the grip pulled and save and an extension put into the butt. Well the soft grip tore while pulling it. So, I did the smart thing and put a super stroke ultra slim on it. It completely changed how the putter felt, in a great way!

The head's heft was still present but the head felt more manageable. I needed less effort to complete the stroke. I know I took out some of the design but changing the grip, but I'm ok with it.

I got out to the putting green. Again - lots of roll and awesome response. I was surprised how much vibration there was on mishits, given the heavy head.

Picked up my putter today. I ordered a 35". First thing I noticed was how head heavy the putter was. It really caught me off guard. Something felt odd about the putter. Not the grip mind you. The putter was 1" shorter than what I ordered.

The grip, wow it's soft. Almost shockingly so. Pool toy is exactly how I would describe it.

Insert felt really good. Lots of roll. Almost Nike Method type roll.

I brought the putter in to have the grip pulled and save and an extension put into the butt. Well the soft grip tore while pulling it. So, I did the smart thing and put a super stroke ultra slim on it. It completely changed how the putter felt, in a great way!

The head's heft was still present but the head felt more manageable. I needed less effort to complete the stroke. I know I took out some of the design but changing the grip, but I'm ok with it.

I got out to the putting green. Again - lots of roll and awesome response. I was surprised how much vibration there was on mishits, given the heavy head.
Interesting to hear how it works with a normal grip. Will be excited to hear your continued thoughts as many people don't like the stock girp. Personally, I don't mind it anymore but it is nice to have options.

Interesting to hear how it works with a normal grip. Will be excited to hear your continued thoughts as many people don't like the stock girp. Personally, I don't mind it anymore but it is nice to have options.

Fwiw. If the putter came at the length I bought, I wouldn't have changed it.

I'm starting to claw my way out of a pretty nasty slump that's been running for about 3 weeks. All phases of my game, particularly ball striking with my irons, went wheels off. The only exception has been putting. I'm still rolling the TB better than any putter I've ever owned.

I am really intrigued by these putters. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a TD-01.

Last edited:
words from our very own Ryan W. aka Nebgolfer

[h=5]Ryan Wittmann, United States[/h]I got a Bridgestone TD-03 after hearing some really good things about the putter. At first I didn't like it; it feels a lot different than a traditional putter, but I wanted to give it a fair shake. Boy, am I glad I did. After about 1-2 weeks of working with it, I noticed my putting improving, as I began to trust the putter more and more. The weighting has helped me control my speed a lot better, and the insert puts such a good roll on the ball that I don't have to hit it as hard as I thought I did. I think this putter is going to stay in the bag for a long time.

I am really looking forward to finally seeing these in person in a couple weeks.

I'll have one on Tuesday for you to mess around with.

#imsold

First 8 out with this putter today. I was really impressed with it. The putter will not do all the work. But it does put magnificent roll on the ball that hugs the line.

First 8 out with this putter today. I was really impressed with it. The putter will not do all the work. But it does put magnificent roll on the ball that hugs the line.

The head designs are fantastic, the insert is really good. Too bad you didn't get to roll it in its true balance form, would have been interested to hear your thoughts then.

Back