I have been playing a 3 wood, 3 hybrid setup for years but have been considering bringing in a 4 hybrid

I am not a fan of low low lofted hybrids. I will take the extra mass of a fairway wood. 8 days a week

I agree, along with the additional shaft length for a little more distance.

I have not done it but with todays Hybrids i would think it would be very easy to put a 1 or 2 Hybrid in rather than a 3 wood

As of now I do not have a wood, play a 3 and 4 hybo but never hit my 3 hybo. I am thinking of bagging the 3 hybo and going with a 3 or 4 wood for tee balls only.

Right now I don't have a fairway wood in my bag. I play an SLDR 2H that I use in place of a fairway wood. I think it's easier to hit although lately my swing seems to be getting along well with my driver so I may consider going back at some point. But right now I'm very comfortable with a 2H, it's more versatile and its accurate for me off the tee.

I don't have a fairway wood in the bag right now. I'm hitting a 15* driver right now with my 19* hybrid as the next club in the bag. I'm trying to break 100 consistently so for simplicity sake I'm trying to limit the number of different clubs I have to learn how to hit properly. I'm also terrible so I like the hybrids ability to hit out of the rough.

I don't see how I can go without them. Especially after recently adding a 3wood for the first time in 10+ years.

I prefer fairway woods over hybrids, but I'm sure there are few guys who go the other way. I'm not sure #Cookie plays any fairway woods.

You are correct Pete.

No fairway woods for me. I have better success with hybrids and prefer to carry a 2h over a 3w.

All comes down to preferences and off tee or deck, I simply hit hybrids better.

I didn't have a fairway wood for awhile until SkiBumGolfer sold me his X2Hot 15*. I have yet to hit it though, I just got it. Before then I used my mashie 2h, and it works well in the ~220ish range for me. It's given me a few eagle opportunities which I of course blew with the putter. But otherwise, I've been doing fine so far without one.

I currently only carry a 3 wood in the fairway woods. I tried going all hybrids, but once I got down in the 15-17° range I was better off with a fairway wood.

I just put a 3 wood back in my bag at the start of this year. But mine is almost purely a driver replacement on my bad driving days, or extremely tight fairways that driver could really get me into trouble. I only had 12 clubs in my bag at the time, so I have room to carry a club like that. Problem with it is, it's only about 10 yards shorter than my driver, so not really filling a gap issue, but just a replacement to my driver.

I think if you're willing to deal with a bigger gap between your driver and your next longest club it's not a bad option. At some point when you're talking about a 16* hybrid, you start to get more benefit from the CG being lower and farther back in a way only a fairway wood can offer.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Its certainly an idea worth exploring if you hit your hybrids well. You typically will lose some distance vs a FW though, due to the hybrid's shorter shaft. Personally, Im the other way around. Ive completely given up on hybrids and have went with a 5-wood instead of a 3-hybrid.

I've had one in my bag all year and maybe hit it 3 times. Just don't care for the particular one I have

HMMM! for me -
Hybrid (18-22°) - good shot (less distance) probably 80+% of the time
Fairway (15-18°) - Good, long, controlled shot - maybe 20% or less

Despite this compelling reality, I am starting to think I need to revisit/retry a 16-18° fwy. Crazy, but what the heck.

I was using a 4 wood until I got my 3 Altitude Hyron and found I could hit it just as far as the fairway wood and more accurate.

No woods just hybrids...
I can carry my 2h as far and more consistent than I ever could a 3 wood plus I like hybrids because the swing is identical to my iron swing...

I have pulled the 3 wood out of my bag and most likely will never go back to fairway wood. I used my 3 wood off the tee a bunch and the deck a little bit. With my driver really working well I do not need my 3 wood as driver replacement. The other big reason i took the 3 w out of the bag , I didn't have much confidence with it off the deck

So after getting to this conclusion I decided to get the 3w out of the bag and demoing 4w's. I started hitting 4w's and i was pretty close to buying a Ping 4w . Before I went to buy the 4w, I hit some low lofted hybrids. I hit an Adams, Callaway and a Ping. I ended buying the Callaway X2 pro 16*. This is a great club and do not miss my 3w at all. I may have given up a few yards but off the tee it is awesome and off the deck I have the confidence hit it.

I carry a 3 wood but honestly couldn't tell you when the last time I used it was.

I took the FWs out of my bag awhile ago and I'm just now trying to put a 4w back in. So far I'm loving it, but I still have a 2h as well.

I am not a fan of low low lofted hybrids. I will take the extra mass of a fairway wood. 8 days a week

This is typically me as well, although the X2Hot hybrids are pretty darn easy to hit.

I suspect a 5W would get a little more height, though, which would help more on approach shots.

Almost certain I am fixing to go 2 hybrids and no FW for now

Almost certain I am fixing to go 2 hybrids and no FW for now

Go with what you have the most confidence in. This is exactly what I did about a year and a half ago, with time though I figured out how to hit my fairway's and they made it back into the bag setup. It doesn't matter what you play as long as you believe it will help you get the ball in the hole.

Go with what you have the most confidence in. This is exactly what I did about a year and a half ago, with time though I figured out how to hit my fairway's and they made it back into the bag setup. It doesn't matter what you play as long as you believe it will help you get the ball in the hole.

That's how I feeling. I have no problem going at a green with a hybrid but a FW not so much

That's how I feeling. I have no problem going at a green with a hybrid but a FW not so much

There's your answer for sure then dude. I can dig it, its all about what we like and play with the most confidence.

Back