Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

katman

Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
It's been a while (from what I could tell) since this was discussed and it piqued my curiosity when I was at Golfsmith this weekend for a tent sale and all the cleated shoes were more expensive than the spikeless shoes, which I found interesting.

Today, in the summer of 2014, what type of shoe do you primarily wear when playing, cleated, spikeless, old fashioned-get-off-my-lawn metal spikes, barefoot, or something else? If it's other, do share.

I've moved entirely to spikeless given that I've seen no change in my swing and I no longer have to change my shoes in a parking lot.

Mproject_shoe_hero_01
Mproject_shoe_hero_02
SPE_045.jpg
1320996.jpg

I have changed over to spikeless right now. Only time I wear my spikes is when I play really early in the morning and it rained the night before. Better to have to much traction than not enough.

Moved over to Golf Style.
Both. I have a few pairs of shoes and rotate about 5-10 pairs at any given time.

I actually have both of those top shoes. I always wear spike in the morning rounds. I play at a course that tends to really over water so spikeless shoes in the morning always slip around until the turf dries out a bit. If I am playing in the afternoon, then I typically wear my spikeless shoes. Slightly more comfortable and there is the convenience of not having to change shoes before or after the round.

I use both depending on douse conditions when it dry i use spike less and spikes when it is wet

I use both, if the course is wet, I prefer to wear spikes for the added grip. I tend to slide a bit in spikeless shoes.

I have both spiked & spikeless.
If I'm walking, I find that my knees don't hurt as bad when wearing the spikeless. Riding I prefer spikes unless it's really freaking hot.

Moved over to Golf Style.

Huh, interesting, considering I considered shows to be equipment, especially when talking about their functionality. Sorry about that.

I've moved to spikeless; however I do still have two pairs of spiked golf shoes for when I expect it to be really wet in the course.

Huh, interesting, considering I considered shows to be equipment, especially when talking about their functionality. Sorry about that.

No worries. Its a fine line, just happens to be the place that houses all shoe reviews and conversations.

I use soft spikes. My feet move so much during my swing that I'm afraid of breaking an ankle if I went to the nubs style.

I like my Ecco sneakers enough to want to try the golf shoes, though.

I have a lot of both spikeless and spiked. For this poll I chose spiked because I rarely ever have a slipping problem with a spiked shoe, but seem to have them quite a bit with spikeless, esp on the shot when the ball is above my feet.

I've pretty well gone entirely spikeless and don't see myself going back anytime soon!

Almost always were spikeless unless it is raining or the course is really wet then I switch back to spikes.

I have yet to try spikeless, and both pairs I have are soft spiked. I play barefoot in my basement though, if that counts.

I was in the spikeless camp for a long time, but recently started getting a few pairs with cleats because I like the stability and I did find myself slipping a few times with some of the more slick spikeless shoes I have. So now, I like mixing it up between cleats and spikeless.

I don't mind spikes or spikeless.

However, if I had to choose... I would choose spikes.

I strictly wear spikeless because I walk most of my rounds. I haven't found a pair of spikes that as comfortable enough to walk 18 in.

I prefer soft spikes but the spikeless are a very close second

I bought my first spikeless shoes a bit over 2 years ago. I don't see myself going back. Very comfortable wearing to and from course and for walking.

I play both, but honestly see very little difference unless in pretty wet conditions and even then could be more in my head.

I have soft spikes in mine. I haven't tried spikeless yet, but thought about it last year after all of the walking rounds I played.

On another note, seeing the picture of the metal spikes takes me back. For some reason it made me think of the sound they made when you walked on cart path or across the parking lot.

I have soft spikes in mine. I haven't tried spikeless yet, but thought about it last year after all of the walking rounds I played.

On another note, seeing the picture of the metal spikes takes me back. For some reason it made me think of the sound they made when you walked on cart path or across the parking lot.

Yeah, you're right. I can hear that sound right now. For me, though, it was like nails on a chalk board.

For the most part, I use the spikes at the beginning and end of the season, both for traction and because they are genuinely more waterproof than the spikeless that I have. Also, I agree with Just_Hacking in that I go back to spikes if it may rain or if the course is soaked.

I have both and it really varies on the situation for me. I am finding my preference is to wear cleats, but I find with spikeless - I tend not to overswing because of keeping my balance in the swing. So as things dry out during the summer, I am moving more and more to spikeless.

Back