Votes: 55 49.1%
  • Metal Spikes - Progress ain't always good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barefoot - Like God intended

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
I prefer spikeless right now, they are just so comfortable!! I like to be able to wear them to and from the course. They seem to be getting so good that I don't notice any slipping even in really wet conditions

Adidas adicross III are the best golf shoe I've ever worn and they have zero slippage issues.

Plus I don't have to change after a round I can just wear the shoes to a restaurant or grocery store and not worry about the spikes. Footjoy and Nike make a good spikeless as well a Puma but the addidas just fit the shape of my feet the best and are very comfortable.

I haven't worn metal spikes since my college days running track and cross country. That metal clicking would sure bring back some fond memories. For me though, I typically go spikeless, but if it rains too much I will wear my soft spikes.

Soft spikes for me all day long, I've tried 2 different pairs of spikeless and thought they were horrid in moist or wet conditions, I lost my footing way too much to give them even another look. Even morning dew brought instability from various lies.

I now have one pair of spikeless and two older pair with soft spikes so I usually wear the spikes.

That said I have seen no degradation in stability when going spikeless so my choice is one of convenience not performance.

My only concern with the spikeless is that when the bottoms become worn the shoes may be useless. With the spiked shoes I can just replace the spikes. Can anybody comment on my concerns?

I have soft spikes in mine. I haven't tried spikeless yet, but thought about it last year after all of the walking rounds I played.

On another note, seeing the picture of the metal spikes takes me back. For some reason it made me think of the sound they made when you walked on cart path or across the parking lot.

I wear only soft spikes.

I miss the noise the metal spikes made.

99% of the time, I'm wearing cleats. Though I've thought about joining the spikeless group. Truly, practicing in bare feet (on good grass) is a great way to learn to swing within yourself.

Soft spikes, I need the grip. Spikeless usually just slip. Barefoot is stupid, and I've never seen anywhere metal spike shoes for sale.

I'm on the fence on this. I enjoy the comfort of the spikeless pair I own but do feel like the spiked provides more control. I tend to only wear the spikeless if it's dry as they are mesh and my spiked pair is leather.

I prefer spikeless, as they are incredibly comfortable, I can wear them out before/during/after a round of golf, and I don't slip in them.

Soft spikes on the course because you never know when you will step on a wet area and spikeless on the range, grass tees are flat and I can drive to and from the range in them.

Depends on the conditions. I prefer to go spike less but if it's wet I will wear them.

I have more spikeless than I do cleats but like both. I prefer spikeless

I do have some soft spike shoes that I wear in the winter (mostly because they're leather and too hot in the summer, rather than due to stability issues), but I wear spikeless when I'm walking, which is probably 95% of my rounds. They're just more comfortable to walk in, especially once you're off the grass and onto cart paths, hardpan, whatever.

I have always been a fan of soft spikes but I have picked up a couple of pairs of spikeless shoes for casual rounds and the range.

I used to wear only spikeless but I've been recently using my old Adidas cleats. I'm not really sure why even. I'll probably switch back sometime soon.

Guess if I said, I wear sandals on occasion I would be in the minority ... but I do wear them, and practice in them during hot/dry weather ... (the beer opener on the bottom has come in handy more than once)

If it is wet I wear my running shoes ... just never bought into the spikes ... just could not see how it would improve my game at this junction ... plus I am weekend hacker, out for fun with my friends ...

Plus I do not end up with those funky white feet that golfers get ...

95% of my rounds are walking so I go spikeless on those. Cleats when riding.

wish i could still use my metal spikes!!!! i like a shoes that have 4 spikes on the heel.

I rock both. Depends on the weather and my outfit really, but by far the most comfortable golf shoe I've worn to date the is Puma monolite.

I went with cleats as ive never tried the spikeless, but would really like to give them a try.

I prefer spikes. I've got. Pair of spineless, but if the ground is a bit wet, I prefer the extra grab of the spikes

Due to the complete unpredictability of the weather here in the UK, I had to go with spikes as I wouldn't trust spikeless unless the ground was 110% guaranteed to be dry

I have both spiked and spikeless, and I'd love to go 100% spikeless. I just like being able to go from my house, to the golf course, to a bar for drinks, etc. without having to change my shoes.

Back