Holly Sonders left Golf channel!

From what I have seen of her playing, 2 is a vanity handicap. And let's not forget playing off the ladies tees. I wouldn't consider it being beaten when she gets a huge advantage on just about every hole.

Tees are relative. The person at the forward tees is hitting the same club as you into the green. That is to say, if you're hitting your 160-yard 7-iron, a woman might be hitting her 160-yard 7-wood.

If you went out and put up an 82, and a 90-year-old man playing from the yellows shot 74, you'd say you won?

I like how if you don't like Holly you are labeled a Hater.

No wonder the world is so messed up today.

To me she always seemed to act like a moron on every show. She wore levels of makeup that impresses clowns, and those stupid skimpy outfits that showed off her exaggerated surgeries.

But I couldn't watch anything with her on mainly because of how dumb she acted.

But then again, I saw past her looks and don't like her shows so I must be a hater.

as i as I was reading this post I was gonna try to agree with you till I got past the first sentence. You kinda are a big hater. Not there's anything wrong with it, if you hate her then say so don't get mad cause someone calls you a hater then go on a tirade over how much you hate her. Lololol

Maybe Paige will replace her. She needs some work in front of the camera but is a more accomplished golfer, is attractive and seems to be intelligent.

We'll see I guess.

I'm not really informed on the subject.

I think Paige is still an LPGA member and is recovering from back surgery.

I could be wrong though.

as i as I was reading this post I was gonna try to agree with you till I got past the first sentence. You kinda are a big hater. Not there's anything wrong with it, if you hate her then say so don't get mad cause someone calls you a hater then go on a tirade over how much you hate her. Lololol

I feel so bad for the future.

I feel so bad for the future.

Lets see you called her a "moron" and "dumb" how could you sit there and say you don't hate her. Look its fine if you do but don't try to say you feel so bad for the future cause you wrote what you did. Nothing wrong with hating someone, the internet is filled with haters don't try and disguise it, embrace it theres nothing wrong with it.

HATE is such a strong word. I don't pass judgment on anyone until I meet them, look them in the eye. In the case of Celebs, athletes, etc. That may never happen. One can dislike the personality that is put forth, but hate??? In this case personally Holly does nothing 4 me. But how can I hate her, I've never met her.

Just saw one of the Morning Drive spots that have been running all year, and Holly was cut out of them, so yeah, I guess she is gone. She was meh to me, but can't fault her for trying to better herself. If she does the sideline thing, Eric better watch out.....

Just sayin......

JM

Lets see you called her a "moron" and "dumb" how could you sit there and say you don't hate her. Look its fine if you do but don't try to say you feel so bad for the future cause you wrote what you did. Nothing wrong with hating someone, the internet is filled with haters don't try and disguise it, embrace it theres nothing wrong with it.

Really? I did? Would you care to point out where I called her a "moron" and "dumb"?

Really? I did? Would you care to point out where I called her a "moron" and "dumb"?

If you want to play semantics that is fine, but your post said this "To me she always seemed to act like a moron on every show."

At this point, its time to leave it alone. You dont like her, that is fine as many others I am sure would agree with you. But the bickering needs to stop.

Have been watching MD all weekend when I could. Did they even acknowledge her departure? If they did I missed it.

I'm sure she will do well with Fox. I've never been the biggest HS fan, but I also suspected that her image was created in large part by television. (Maybe not)

I'm just not sure how many mid-20s women want to be dressed up and made up to look like they are in their mid-40s. That seemed to be the marketing strategy for HS, though.

GC will move on and find someone new, much like ESPN has over the years with similar talents.

If GC could move the on-air personality who constantly says "right now" every sentence, they would be on to something...

I'm sure she will do well with Fox. I've never been the biggest HS fan, but I also suspected that her image was created in large part by television. (Maybe not)

I'm just not sure how many mid-20s women want to be dressed up and made up to look like they are in their mid-40s. That seemed to be the marketing strategy for HS, though.

GC will move on and find someone new, much like ESPN has over the years with similar talents.

If GC could move the on-air personality who constantly says "right now" every sentence, they would be on to something...

I honestly thought he was in her late 30s or early 40s until I looked her up this morning.

This thread has been an incredibly interesting read. I've never cared much for her one way or another, but I feel that way about a lot of the conversation on GC. I enjoy tuning in for tournament talk, but the rest gets lost on me I guess. Hopefully they can find a good filler, and someone who can breathe some new life into MD.

This thread has been an incredibly interesting read. I've never cared much for her one way or another, but I feel that way about a lot of the conversation on GC. I enjoy tuning in for tournament talk, but the rest gets lost on me I guess. Hopefully they can find a good filler, and someone who can breathe some new life into MD.

I feel that's what they're trying to do with Paige Mackenzie, give her more responsibilities and build her up. She will be co-hosting Big Break as well.

I don't dislike HS or am a fan, really indifferent, the playing lessons was an interesting segment but other than that eh.

Have been watching MD all weekend when I could. Did they even acknowledge her departure? If they did I missed it.

I noticed the same thing. Once you are gone the on air personalities apparently are told to say nothing. Kind of sad since she was there working (regardless of anyone who thought she was fake) nearly every early morning for several years. Same true with Winn.

If you want to play semantics that is fine, but your post said this "To me she always seemed to act like a moron on every show."

At this point, its time to leave it alone. You dont like her, that is fine as many others I am sure would agree with you. But the bickering needs to stop.

You have a highly intelligent and skilled golfer, acting like a moron on TV.

Which is annoying.

I have no feelings toward Holly as a person, I don't know her.

As a TV personality I didn't like what the golf channel made her to be. (No doubt to attract male viewers)

But to call me a hater? And to skew my words?

I have a personal detest for that word, and the way it is thrown about towards every one that has an opposing view towards ones own, not only does it not bring anything productive to any conversation, but it clouds the mind causing people to wrongly read or hear what one person writes or speaks.

As is the case here.

So take it private. There is no reason to litter the thread based on semantics. Enough already, there is just no reason for it here.

I think Paige is still an LPGA member and is recovering from back surgery.

I could be wrong though.

To Paige's credit, she does a pretty darn good job at it for someone who was tossed right into the fire. If her career ends up ending earlier than she would have wanted, she would do a great job

To Paige's credit, she does a pretty darn good job at it for someone who was tossed right into the fire. If her career ends up ending earlier than she would have wanted, she would do a great job

If the MD/GC gig pays well enough, her LPGA career may end sooner than later, and for the better.

I completely agree. I was just mentioning her LPGA status because I believe that her goal is to get back out and play on tour again once she fully recovers.

You can tell she's a little gun shy when giving analysis on camera, but I generally agree with a lot of what she says.

Definitely agree. I honestly think she does a pretty good job and haven't found myself saying "ummm what?". I think she'll continue to grow into the spotlight and do a fine job

I've wondered the same thing about TGC and people leaving. You would think that as long as Holly has been with them and been a large draw to the viewership of the shows (channel) regardless of peoples personal thought on her they would give her a proper send off. Put the personal feelings aside of there was animosity, and I'm sure there was since they seemed to be doing things to cater to her, put a smile on your faces and thank her for her contribution and say goodbye on air so that the fans and viewers feel like they are part of the event. I guess TGC doesn't feel that it's necessary.

I saw that Pam Oliver was removed from the lead sideline report for FOX and that Erin Andrews will take her spot....how is that relevant?....because Oliver made a comment that she knew she was soon to be moved to other responsibilities and no longer be the headliner. So with Holly moving over, she'll get groomed up to take over the 2nd spot and if she's good enough, take over for Erin at some point. I'm not all that impressed with Erin....but I guess her publicity push of going on Dancing with the Stars and the proposed "spy-gate" involving the peeping tom seemed to have paid off. For the record, I'm not saying that she was involved with the release of the nude pics, but the timing sure seemed convenient....but they sure weren't that flattering either...hahaha

Holly always seemed more like a personality than an analyst. I do like what Paige has brought to the shows I have seen her on. Would be interesting to see her transition over to morning drive to get another perspective. All I can say for Holly is good luck with her future endeavors. She should do fairly well as a sideline reporter.

I wonder if it's any coincidence the Karen Stupples decided to officially call it quits on the tour on Friday. Haven't seen her name in this thread yet. She's been more visible on GC than Paige recently. I know she's been doing the on course stuff and I like her insight and objectivity. She has done a Martin Mull spot. Only thing is at 41??? Shouldn't be issue if they are going for quality substance. But.....

Back