The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a text from my new golf instructor this morning to see if I had a chance to work on the changes we discussed on Friday and to see how it went.

Totally unnecessary on her part, but it made my morning. Tells me that she is invested in my swing changes and progress as much as I am. Also tells me that I made the right choice.

I think you made a GREAT choice

Time to put on my big boy pants.

My new supervisor (starting 8/4) just asked me to apply for a corporate credit card (25k limit) that will be required for mandatory training in which I will be traveling to.

I'm almost positive though that many of you on here will say that this is nothing, or that 25k is small compared to your card...but I don't care! This is huge for me! LOL

#ClimbingTheCorporateLadder

Congrats that is a great achievement.

Now to find out if any of that training will be near a THP event :)

You'll lean how to schedule some out of town golf with that work travel.

My wife and I submitted an application to adopt a puppy from a local shelter. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Good luck! Our adopted dog arrives to us this coming Saturday. The house hasn't been the same since we had to put down our 14yo chocolate lab a few months back.

Some people jokingly have told me not to get married and that everything changes. No more freedoms that you had when you were single etc... etc. Well this weekend I bought my suit and it kinda hit me that the day is getting closer. Instead of being scared or second guessing myself, I was excited! Even though a paid a lot of money for the suit, it didnt matter. I was the happiest guy in world. That's not such a bad thing is it? I think not. I am just lucky to marry a woman who understands, is supportive and most of all loves me for who I am. What more can a guy ask for in a woman? I am very lucky indeed.

Good luck! Our adopted dog arrives to us this coming Saturday. The house hasn't been the same since we had to put down our 14yo chocolate lab a few months back.

Thanks Rob! Best of luck to you as well!

Some people jokingly have told me not to get married and that everything changes. No more freedoms that you had when you were single etc... etc. Well this weekend I bought my suit and it kinda hit me that the day is getting closer. Instead of being scared or second guessing myself, I was excited! Even though a paid a lot of money for the suit, it didnt matter. I was the happiest guy in world. That's not such a bad thing is it? I think not. I am just lucky to marry a woman who understands, is supportive and most of all loves me for who I am. What more can a guy ask for in a woman? I am very lucky indeed.

It's going to great for you capt!

Of course everything changes ... that's what getting married is supposed to entail! If nothing changed, what would be the point of getting married?

Those changes ... are for the better. You'll become a better person because you want to do your spouse right. Embrace the change.

Congratulations on your pending nuptials!

Randomly got asked to go to a conference in Chicago next week. I've never been. Hoping it works out that I get to go!

Randomly got asked to go to a conference in Chicago next week. I've never been. Hoping it works out that I get to go!
Oh hey that'd be sweet!

10 days until Bandon.

And the Cubs are in town Tuesday night! Always wanted to visit Wrigley!
But seriously, it can be a neat experience if you've never been there. I would just avoid the bleachers.

But seriously, it can be a neat experience if you've never been there. I would just avoid the bleachers.

Haha. Yeah I've heard. I'm going to try to get some cheap upper deck seats. I'm not picky.

Got the job I interviewed for a couple weeks ago pending my drug test and physical on Friday.

What a weekend!!! Glad it's over but loved every minute of it. Good friend and his wife came in from New Mexico for a few days and I got to marry my best friend on Saturday. Everything was so gorgeous and well done. So grateful for everyone that helped us out and made it a success.

Our photos are on:

http://www.jillwittphotography.com/2014/06/ryan-lindsey-formal-session.html

That's the formal session as we don't have the wedding pics yet.

Haha. Yeah I've heard. I'm going to try to get some cheap upper deck seats. I'm not picky.
I've been once. It started as a day game but thanks to a very long rain delay we were there at night also. The bleachers were great, not sure about potential problems. I bought tickets through our hotel but should have just gone to the stadium - there were tons of scalpers right outside the train stop. It is a great experience, enjoy!

What a weekend!!! Glad it's over but loved every minute of it. Good friend and his wife came in from New Mexico for a few days and I got to marry my best friend on Saturday. Everything was so gorgeous and well done. So grateful for everyone that helped us out and made it a success.

Our photos are on:

Congratulations, Ryan! Great pictures too, now I know who to look for at the airport. Are those THP shoelaces and shoe soles?

Our photos are on:

Congrats Ryan and Lindsey! Here's to endless love and appreciation for one another

Congratulations, Ryan! Great pictures too, now I know who to look for at the airport. Are those THP shoelaces and shoe soles?

You bet ya! Lol

Green has always been my favorite color and I told her green was my choice for one color in the wedding. She agreed and loved it.

And the Cubs are in town Tuesday night! Always wanted to visit Wrigley!
I was just going to post, maybe the Cubs or Sox are in town. It's always great to catch an out of town ball game when you can. One of my best experiences was going to a game at Miller Park on a business trip to Milwaukee. Went by myself and had a great time, got to talking to the guys sitting next to me, and we talked about baseball, golf, football, you name it great time.

10 days until Bandon.
Most people hate seeing vacation pictures. But I honestly hope you are able to take some and then share them with us, well at least myself down in Florida. I'd love to see the place.

Our photos are on:

Another THPer that has seriously outkicked his coverage...

Congrats, buddy. See you in September.

Hand is healing well...finished a job early...house move almost completed! Totally burned the candle at both ends but the thought of swinging a club has just given me a 40th wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back