THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to stagger into the MOrgan Cup at 17.3, looks like. I should jump for joy; when I took on this challenge, I was 24.6. I've chopped 6.3 strokes off my index since November.

On the other, I've still got my blow up holes. The ones that ruin my normal bogey or better golfer facade. I won't lie, a couple of those during the Morgan Cup, and I expect some very unpleasant glares from the ol' Cap-i-tan.

My goal this week & next is to not put a 6 on my card. Nothing worse than bogey on a par 4, and parring my par 5's.

The one really helpful thing about a match play format is that a blow up hole doesn't kill your round,just the hole that you're playing on. We're all amateur golfers, and we'll all have some bad holes. You'll be fine.

Congrats on officially qualifying for the MC.
I agree one hundred percent. Match play can mitigate blowup holes. Know you'll have some but forget about them as soon as they happen. Move on to the next hole like it didn't happen and play your game.

Outstanding to drop 6 on your index in your MC prep!

Officially a 14.9 today, down from a 16.3 2 weeks ago. The exciting thing for me is that all of the scores for my index are now from this season, and the last 5 rounds are all counting, and getting progressively better.

Down from a 22.9 to 20.8 after 4 new rounds played in the last 2 weeks. Sub 18 before the end of the year is in sight.

Down another .2 to 4.4 from 4.6. Didn't reach my goal I set for myself or the one my captain set for me, but I'm playing the best golf of my life right now and my confidence is sky high. I can't wait to keep the good scores rolling!

3uhevuhu.jpg

Heading in the right direction, I actually have hope of single digits again.

Went from a 15.1 to a 17.1. This doesn't surprise me because I believe it's correcting as I enter more scores. I thought 15 was way too low, although I was playing better a couple months ago. It just depends if my irons show up. If so, good things happen. If not, it's a grind.

Taps away

Officially a 14.9 today, down from a 16.3 2 weeks ago. The exciting thing for me is that all of the scores for my index are now from this season, and the last 5 rounds are all counting, and getting progressively better.

congrats on the solid drop!

#DoWorkDotCom

Down another .2 to 4.4 from 4.6. Didn't reach my goal I set for myself or the one my captain set for me, but I'm playing the best golf of my life right now and my confidence is sky high. I can't wait to keep the good scores rolling!

It will be fun watching your game (and Brad's game) next week. You guys both have made leaps and bounds with your games since we were all in Ohio last year.

It will be fun watching your game (and Brad's game) next week. You guys both have made leaps and bounds with your games since we were all in Ohio last year.

I agree!! I've come a long way and I continue to head in the direction I want. Really looking forward to our practice round together buddy.

Handicap is currently sitting at 1.5. Still pretty skeptical about that number. I'm playing some pretty solid golf right now, but I'm not sure it's that solid.

I'll take my game down to MB next week and let 39 other THPers be the judges.

#DoWorkDotCom
(petey)

nice work Jimmy, keep it up!

11.0 on today's revision. Can I trend to a 10 by next week? Goal set.

Down to 17.7 I guess some of my older higher scores dropped off. Nearing my goal of 15 before this golf season ends.

1_zps52e05092.png

Regardless of how I feel that this number isnt entirely accurate in terms of traveling index, I am damn proud of how far I have come. I started at 16.8 this year.

First time checking in with a handicap. I'm at 11.8. Putting has been deplorable lately. I'm
leaving a lot of strokes on the green.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Miller Time
Goal - 8

I've only been serious about my game for about 2 years now and no matter what I've done with equipment, it seems like my avg score was always around 85-87. I finally broke 80 a couple of times last year and I believe I can get it down to single digits. I was down to an 11 at one point, but it's started to creep back up lately.

I finally decided to make the investment in GolfTEC lessons and I've seen some really good results so far. My tee game has improved dramatically with some grip and posture help, but recently my putting from 10ft and in has let me down. I'm hoping a putting lesson in the coming weeks will help me get going in the right direction as spring rolls around and I can start to see the scores stay in the low 80s and see my HDCP drop down into the single digits.

I grew up playing many sports, but I honestly believe this is the toughest game to become really, really good at. Great thread.

Down from a 7.4 to a 7.2 after posting scores of 81, 90, and 84. Weird. My game is definitely not in the single digit range right now though. Lots of work to do. I have a round tomorrow, but it's a scramble. That's always a good time to work on things. Just need to build up that consistency again.

cap is creeping up after some terrible recent rounds, up to a 6.1. I can feel that my game is close, but i've got to get the hook in check off the tee. Thinking I'll be hitting hybrid off the a LOT in the coming weeks.

Down to an 8.8 after the rounds this weekend. Lowest ive ever been and in the right direction for the events on the calendar coming up!

Started the month at 5.6 and after this last revision I dropped down to 4.9. My form is slowly coming back and good golf is being played again. I'm pumped and hopefully I'll play a little more after the move.

Started the month at 5.6 and after this last revision I dropped down to 4.9. My form is slowly coming back and good golf is being played again. I'm pumped and hopefully I'll play a little more after the move.
Nicely done buddy. I'm taking pops from you!

Down to an 8.8 after the rounds this weekend. Lowest ive ever been and in the right direction for the events on the calendar coming up!

nice work dude, especially with thpers! What did u end up shooting? I only caught small bits of the thread over the weekend

Atta boy Gregorio!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back