THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm below 16 for the first time in a LONG time at 15.9. The best part is this is definitely a traveling 'cap.

For the first time in three season I have not focused practice / lessons on full swing. I typically hit my driver less than 10 times during an average range session (if at all). I practice short game and scoring irons instead and took a putting lesson. It is going to be fun going even lower.

Started the month at 5.6 and after this last revision I dropped down to 4.9. My form is slowly coming back and good golf is being played again. I'm pumped and hopefully I'll play a little more after the move.

Nice dude, cant wait for our annual match play event, taking my 8 strokes this time!

Nice dude, cant wait for our annual match play event, taking my 8 strokes this time!

You may actually need them this time. Haha

If you straighten your irons out you only get 4 though.

So after getting down to a 13.8 early in the season, I've gone back up to a 15.3 after a couple of bad rounds with the new sticks recently. Though the last round showed some promise. Still hoping to get down into a 10-11 area before the end of the season.

Haha. No way! We play straight up, the fun way.
Crap! I'm down to 5.2, but that number is no where near indicative to my scoring lol. I've been struggling a bit.

Down .5 to 15.3 pretty much due to 1 good round which I followed up with a stinker.

nice work dude, especially with thpers! What did u end up shooting? I only caught small bits of the thread over the weekend

82, 85. I couldn't get off the tee well, but the rest of my game really made up for it. Only 2 doubles in 36 holes. Shooting for a 5 for the #Dos.

82, 85. I couldn't get off the tee well, but the rest of my game really made up for it. Only 2 doubles in 36 holes. Shooting for a 5 for the #Dos.
Great scores considering then. Keep up the great work and that 5 will be there in no time

Those are awesome scores considering the course, heard it was quite difficult. From what has been said, if you miss off the tee it's nearly impossible to find the ball.

Well done man

Down to an 8 still shy of my goal for the year of being a 5 and this will be trending up unless I can shoot some low rounds coming up. Lots of time to continue the improvement. I have been much more consistent hole to hole as of late. Feel like I have been playing well just not scoring the way I want.

Crap! I'm down to 5.2, but that number is no where near indicative to my scoring lol. I've been struggling a bit.

Nice! We all struggle a bit at times.

And that confirms it. We are playing straight up.

Great scores considering then. Keep up the great work and that 5 will be there in no time

More lessons to come along with the SeeMore cyber coach. City championship, club championship, and Bridgestone championship all on the horizon, with hopes of the Grandaddy. I ended last year as a 14.6 and have no doubt I can make it to a 5.

Holding steady at 8.6 and not moving right now. I think the swing changes will make it move albeit possibly in the wrong direction early.

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

2014 THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Haha. No way! We play straight up, the fun way.

Yes. We should all play straight up all the time.

Well done on the game, DanG

Yes. We should all play straight up all the time.

Well done on the game, DanG

How can you get better if you don't push yourself?

trending to 10.5 right now. I've been hitting the ball so well for the first 9-10 holes, then something goes terribly wrong on 10-15 and I'll shoot >+10 over that stretch....then finish par, par, par or better. Did that this weekend in a tournament and shot 89. If I don't have that 5 hole explosion I shoot in the 70's and win.

All in all, I'm not really too disappointed at where I am. I started the year at 16.8. I don't think I'm going to reach my stretch goal of 6 by the MC. But that was only so Nate would be forced to recognize me as, "The People's Champion".

And to think you were like a 16 at hilton head....Allegedly

Yeah. Ron was one of the best 16s I've ever seen. LOL

Handicap is currently sitting at 1.5. Still pretty skeptical about that number. I'm playing some pretty solid golf right now, but I'm not sure it's that solid.

I'll take my game down to MB next week and let 39 other THPers be the judges.

Your assignment for the rest of the week is to re-read any of your Rotella books. You are striking the ball wonderfully. Embrace that 1.5 and believe it. You're probably closer to .5.

#DoWorkDotCom

I'm back down to 10.1, which is where I was before the neck injury. But, I feel I can play better than that if I can keep my head out of my arse. A better way of saying that is "if I can get out of my own way". Sorry.

Down (slightly) to a 16.8, from a 17.0. Had a couple good rounds this weekend which moved me from trending up to 17.2. What I'm most happy with is that the handicap appears to travel pretty well - I've been playing most of my rounds at a couple of courses this year, and made sure to get in two rounds at other courses, one of which was a good deal longer than I usually play. I ended up shooting differentials under my handicap at both. Also very happy with my consistency - had a bit of pressure to stay at or under my handicap for a few rounds - I wasn't yet at 20 scores, so most of the rounds were going to count, and I had to keep my handicap below 18 for the MC, and the majority of my rounds came in with differentials below my handicap.

I'd attribute most of the improvement to putting this revision - been seeing much better results there. I still have been a bit of a butcher with the wedge game, so I think there's 2 strokes or so per round that I can pick up in the short term as I get that worked out.

Dropped another .3 to a .6. Really pleased with this and cannot wait to just let it go and have as much fun as possible in MB next week.

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

3.3 to 3.0. I've floated around 2.3 to a 4 over the last 6 months and just couldn't get it down any lower. Short game, short game, short game. But very happy with where I am.

1_zps52e05092.png

Regardless of how I feel that this number isnt entirely accurate in terms of traveling index, I am damn proud of how far I have come. I started at 16.8 this year.

you sir can play, and I have no doubt you are indeed a 10.9, good work!

but I still dont understand how this work witht he avg strokes over par, I am 7 over you in hdcp, but only 2 over in that stat

hdcp_zpsfd59bd9a.png~320x480

no I need to get my handicap down, waaaay to many blow up holes

you sir can play, and I have no doubt you are indeed a 10.9, good work!

but I still dont understand how this work witht he avg strokes over par, I am 7 over you in hdcp, but only 2 over in that stat

hdcp_zpsfd59bd9a.png~320x480

no I need to get my handicap down, waaaay to many blow up holes

I think its average of all the scores you/I have entered. I had some pretty damn high scores last year and into the beginning of this year.

Made a nice drop to 16.8 after some nice rounds lately which one was a PB. My game has deffiantly improved and I am enjoying the hell out of golf now. Can't wait to take my talents to MB.

I think its average of all the scores you/I have entered. I had some pretty damn high scores last year and into the beginning of this year.

that would make sense, all my rounds are around the same score, hense my high handicap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back