The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Do You Dare Run The Gauntlet?

I'm spending the evening watching Star Trek Into Darkness and putting on my indoor green.

I recommend this

4532.putter_2D00_close.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

I'm off for a week myself while I spend time with my family in PA. I may get a round in on Monday but there won't be much practicing. Gonna consider it time to relax and refresh. I've sorely needed it anyway

Same here. My last range session was a little sour and I tweaked my wrist that same week so I think the time off was needed. I'll be back doing work next week, though.

Yeah, sounds like your break came at the right time for you. I've been making great progress with my iron striking and I hate to step away just when it starts to feel really good but I'm sure a week won't throw me off too much.

Right now, my brain is consumed by the Morgan Cup, but I really stopped for a couple minutes and thought about the Gauntlet this morning.

Being able to spend the weekend competing with and for six of the ZooCrew members on three terrific golf courses with 17 other THPers is just a recipe for a really great time. We are all so lucky to have an opportunity like this.

Played Friday afternoon and had a somewhat disappointing 82. I had 3 birdies and an eagle and putted probably the best I've putted in a while. I was particularly proud of a great lag putt from 60+ feet with multi breaks to help make par. Drained a 30 footer for birdie on the first hole, a 20 footer for bogie, 25 footer for eagle and 3 8 footers for a birdie and pars. I'm really getting confident with my flat stick. That's good news for team Rhi, bad news for you other guys. :)

War Eagle from my iPad

I was thinking about this event this weekend. I think if this "gauntlet" event exists next year, it'll be in the top 3 of what I want to get into. Just seems like a whole lot of intense, friendly golf in a somewhat short period of time. Just sounds fun to me! :)

Fantastic sponsorship, Location, participants, and Idea!

This is going to be a great follow!

Its THP and Callaway so it will be effing amazing

Played Friday afternoon and had a somewhat disappointing 82. I had 3 birdies and an eagle and putted probably the best I've putted in a while. I was particularly proud of a great lag putt from 60+ feet with multi breaks to help make par. Drained a 30 footer for birdie on the first hole, a 20 footer for bogie, 25 footer for eagle and 3 8 footers for a birdie and pars. I'm really getting confident with my flat stick. That's good news for team Rhi, bad news for you other guys. :)

War Eagle from my iPad

That is great stuff for team Rhi!

I played yesterday in 95 degree heat and didn't have my best day. The greens where I played are hard on a normal day with each green having multiple tiers and many spots where a ball that lands on the green will roll off. Yesterday they were smoking fast and nothing outside of 150 yards would even think about holding. I did manage to get one birdie, but my overall score was pretty bad. Definitely got a lot of short game practice though :banghead:

Only 52 more days until the Gauntlet!

I know that a lot of folks have the Morgan Cup on their minds right now, and rightfully so since it is just a little more than a week away. But I can say that the Gauntlet is constantly on my mind. This is going to be one heck of an event to be a part of.

It looks like I will be getting in afternoon on Friday which won't give me time to play a round. I certainly don't want to flirt with being late to dinner either. If this ends up holding true does anyone know if I can just walk onto one of the 3 courses and use the range? I'd really like to spend some time on the putting green and be sure I am confident.

If I CAN just walk on, which has the best practice facility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion the Hills course had the best practice area.

In my opinion the Hills course had the best practice area.

Definitely. Fazio has a putting green and some birdie balls, and the RTJ course has a strip of concrete with some green outdoor patio carpet over it.

Definitely. Fazio has a putting green and some birdie balls, and the RTJ course has a strip of concrete with some green outdoor patio carpet over it.

Gee, sounds like a tuff choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hills practice range is the biggest but they have kind of a small practice green. I'm sure you could walk into the club house and say you are with THP and get all the range access you want.

The Hills practice range is the biggest but they have kind of a small practice green. I'm sure you could walk into the club house and say you are with THP and get all the range access you want.
There are two putting greens at Hills. One on each side of the clubhouse. The one closest to the first tee is the smaller one. The other one has a nice greenside bunker to practice from.

The largest single putting green is over at Jones. Range there is nice but not very wide. Has trees close to sides of the range. Just ask MikeDean441.

There are two putting greens at Hills. One on each side of the clubhouse. The one closest to the first tee is the smaller one. The other one has a nice greenside bunker to practice from.

The largest single putting green is over at Jones. Range there is nice but not very wide. Has trees close to sides of the range. Just ask MikeDean441.
I figured that one was more for short game practice than putting.

I saw on the news that the queen was photobombing girls' selfies at a field hockey match/game/round/whatever in Australia. That's pretty good, but she's no match for ScottyG, the King of photobombs...

sm7me1.jpg

I saw on the news that the queen was photobombing girls' selfies at a field hockey match/game/round/whatever in Australia. That's pretty good, but she's no match for ScottyG, the King of photobombs...

sm7me1.jpg

So grateful he's my Captain. He's got skills!

sm7me1.jpg

The Queen is in that picture?

If Greg had real Photoshop skills, he would have put Scotty G's face in place of QE's. Of course, that might get him banned from the UK, but that's the risk he'd have to take.

If Greg had real Photoshop skills, he would have put Scotty G's face in place of QE's. Of course, that might get him banned from the UK, but that's the risk he'd have to take.

You mean like this?

2mi3nds.jpg

I don't use Photoshop. Makes it too easy, I like Scott to know the lengths I went to just to spite him.

Though he may have killed them all, so it may be wide open these days.

Back